NBC Sports Edge Forums

Davante Adams 2017 Season Outlook

I guess there isa. concussion protocol, and the so-called independent neurologist.  But what exactly is involved in testing?  Certainly a lot of it relies on the player himself saying he is free of headaches, feeling foggy, etc.  Football players are warriors and they want to play.

With how ugly that hit looked, how far his mouthpiece flew, how he laid motionless on the field, how he was taken off on a stretcher, how he spent a night in the hospital... yeah, not surprised that he is back on the field.  Not surprised at all. 

Not an owner and not facing him this week.. just a little skeptical of this whole "protocol".

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, drewdeluxe said:

Who should I start today? Adams or Amari Cooper? Not sure if Packers gonna use Adams as a decoy fresh off concussion protocol.. But then again Amari Cooper has stunk it up this year so far..

Ask in the AC forum.

I expressed a lot of skepticism, but ended up starting him over Mixon-- which worked out. 

He had 66 yards and made two nice catches in the end zone. Nice game. I think Rodgers trusts him and his arrow is pointing up for sure. 

I suppose in the future, I'll treat guys coming back from concussion fairly similarly to guys coming back from suspension.

How do you guys feel about Davante Adams moving forward?

I feel like he's 3rd or tied for 2nd on GB. If he's healthy, Nelson is Rodgers' trusted and go-to guy. Nelson has decent speed and the size to play outside receiver and get TD's. Cobb is in the slot and also has good rapport with Rodgers. That leaves Adams as the 2nd outside receiver, which isn't bad but not great either. Adams will shine if Nelson goes down as he becomes de-facto number 1 WR, but his usage drops a lot if both Cobb and Nelson are healthy.

2 hours ago, gummybear00 said:

I feel like he's 3rd or tied for 2nd on GB. If he's healthy, Nelson is Rodgers' trusted and go-to guy. Nelson has decent speed and the size to play outside receiver and get TD's. Cobb is in the slot and also has good rapport with Rodgers. That leaves Adams as the 2nd outside receiver, which isn't bad but not great either. Adams will shine if Nelson goes down as he becomes de-facto number 1 WR, but his usage drops a lot if both Cobb and Nelson are healthy.

Totally agree. Next week he will probably be a dud, in tuff matchup @ Vikes. Been dealing with that for yrs with him , but hey I love the guy. Thanks for speedy recovery DeVante

Edited by Sean Tambo

Must start. Jordy is basically an elite short-yardage back. Adams is the #1 WR between the 20s and a threat in the RZ.

I own no shares of Adams though I did bust hard on him in 2015 when Jordy got hurt and I thought he was ready to rock. Adams has a lot of talent and has been with AR for a long time now. Must start ROS

2 hours ago, gummybear00 said:

I dunno, it's looked like he's clearly above Cobb to me.

2 hours ago, Sean Tambo said:

Totally agree. Next week he will probably be a dud, in tuff matchup @ Vikes. Been dealing with that for yrs with him , but hey I love the guy. Thanks for speedy recovery DeVante

I think you'll see another big game next week vs the Vikes.  Rhodes will probably have shadow coverage on Jordy.

1 hour ago, humanpuck said:

I think you'll see another big game next week vs the Vikes.  Rhodes will probably have shadow coverage on Jordy.

54 minutes ago, USWAY said:

Nah , I  think Adams will see Rhodes on most snaps, at least GB moves everyone around. Rhodes plays on left side usually

6 hours ago, gummybear00 said:

Rodgers absolutely trusts Adams. Nelson, when healthy, is Rodgers #1 guy, but Adams is pretty solidly more of a redzone target than Cobb. There's room for 3 WRs to eat in this offense, and Cobb will have some blow up days, but I would say Adams is ahead of Cobb and has been for basically the past year. 

And even when everyone is healthy he is pretty much a must start because he's an elite TD scorer, he's just about as good of a bet to score as any WR in the league. 

16 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

Rodgers absolutely trusts Adams. Nelson, when healthy, is Rodgers #1 guy, but Adams is pretty solidly more of a redzone target than Cobb. There's room for 3 WRs to eat in this offense, and Cobb will have some blow up days, but I would say Adams is ahead of Cobb and has been for basically the past year. 

And even when everyone is healthy he is pretty much a must start because he's an elite TD scorer, he's just about as good of a bet to score as any WR in the league. 

Agreed to all of this. Anyone who has paid attention to GB over the past 2 and a half years now knows Adams is firmly entrench in that 2 hole behind Nelson. Even in the year Jordy went down and Adams was struggling with drops, Aaron continued to feed and feed and feed the kid with targets. Why? Because he's far and away GB's most athletic WR and their #1 guy once Nelson calls it a career. And it was on full display yesterday. No Jordy, GB needed a score. Rodgers doesn't even bother going through any progressions and gave Adams not one, but two jump balls. He didn't care what Bennett or Cobb were doing.

I'm not going to go into much more detail of my opinion (there's a couple of posts a few pages back in this thread and the Cobb thread from me) but he isn't a marginal talent that just had a TD boom one year ala James Jones or Randall Cobb. He's GB's future #1 WR, and he's not getting out of Green Bay anytime soon.

3 hours ago, USWAY said:

Packers confirmed he wasn't hurt after the game, but people are speculating that he was sick.

Where did you see this? I read he suffered a Hamstring injury... never good for a WR.

: It appears as though Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson was battling an apparent hamstring injury against the Dallas Cowboys, per NFL.com.

Edited by Dirtywater97

The rise of a running game disproportionately eats into Cobbs production as a short passing option but helps Adams since it makes defenses have to put on bigger slower personnel and less pass focused defenses. It also sets up the play action and gives Adams more space in the medium to deep routes that he runs. Also, doesn't hurt that Jordy is nicked up since he is Adams most direct competitor and without him Adams is clearly Rodgers top target when he needs a big play.