NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jared Goff 2017 Season Outlook

On 11/21/2017 at 5:50 AM, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

With the Saints, Eagles and Seahawks in 3 of the next 4 weeks, he is basically droppable. Will probably drop for Tyrod.

Yeah. Hate to say it but I agree with this. He's not startable in those three games unless you just don't have another option. Arizona and Tennessee are the only games left worth holding him for.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/22/2017 at 5:33 PM, affliction said:

Lattimore in a walking boot. I'm firing up Goff even without Woods

Both starting CBs (Lattimore and Crowley) have been ruled out.  That duo is the main reason the Saints defense is dramatically better this season.

I'm seriously considering starting Goff over Tom Brady.  There is a decent chance that Miami doesn't put up a fight against New England and Belichick reins in the offense once they have a lead.  If Cutler were playing, I'd guarantee that scenario.  With Matt Moore they have  fighting chance.

2 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Both starting CBs (Lattimore and Crowley) have been ruled out.  That duo is the main reason the Saints defense is dramatically better this season.

I'm seriously considering starting Goff over Tom Brady.  There is a decent chance that Miami doesn't put up a fight against New England and Belichick reins in the offense once they have a lead.  If Cutler were playing, I'd guarantee that scenario.  With Matt Moore they have  fighting chance.

dont overthink it bro i would  stay with brady

43 minutes ago, lavaman said:

Can Goff carry us through the playoffs? How does his playoff schedule look?

Week 14 -      PHI

Week 15 - @ SEA

Week 16 - @ TEN

TEN is a very easy matchup.  PHI is tough.  SEA was tough, would be much easier if both Sherman and Chancellor are out.

36 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Week 14 -      PHI

Week 15 - @ SEA

Week 16 - @ TEN

TEN is a very easy matchup.  PHI is tough.  SEA was tough, would be much easier if both Sherman and Chancellor are out.

Thanks Nap

1 hour ago, crotchcrickets said:

NO is missing both of their CBs for this game.  Should make the matchup easier.

Should?  Like it’s such a non chalant thing.  They are missing the guys that have transformed their defense.  Tomorrow’s Gona look a hell of a lot like last years defensive sieve. Goff and Gurley are going to eat big 

Big time game for Goff today. 

This breaks the trend of his getting shut down by bad matchups - but there is an asterisk for obvious reasons with the Saints D missing its top corners. But at least common sense ruled the day and Goff predictably feasted.

@ARI coming up next - no particular reason to fear that one.

Rams just won the biggest game they've played since they were in the playoffs 13 years ago. Future looks very bright for Goff - who knew after his disastrous rookie yr under Fister*.

* intentional

57 minutes ago, tah10 said:

How we feeling about Goff at AZ this weekend?

Great.

He torched them last time. They're even better now. (Yes, I say that with Woods banged up).