NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jared Goff 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, bballcool34 said:

Thoughts on him next week against the Eagles, in the playoffs? My initial thinking is Goff is great, but he isn't Russell Wilson, and the Eagles are going to come out hungry. Leaning towards McCown over him next week...

I'll most likely be debating starting Goff or Gabbert next week. On one hand, next week could be a bounce back week for the Eagles. On the other, eagles might have been a bit exposed and I believe the Rams offense can exploit them.

Just now, herschel said:

thoughts on his start this week at home vs philly?  potential shoot out or does the philly defense step up and stymie the rams?

I have a feeling this will be a high scoring affair. Philly is pissed coming off a loss and McVay will want to prove they are legit against the best team in the NFC.

40 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Sean McVay has scorched all of his former NFC East rivals - Giants, Cowboys - for the exception of the Redskins, ironically enough. He's probably more familiar with the Philadelphia Eagles than any of the teams in his new division, so I'm sure he'll pounce on them too.

Excellent post. He used to torture Philly. 

3 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Sean McVay has scorched all of his former NFC East rivals - Giants, Cowboys - for the exception of the Redskins, ironically enough. He's probably more familiar with the Philadelphia Eagles than any of the teams in his new division, so I'm sure he'll pounce on them too.

The Giants have been abysmal all year - because he beat the Cowboys he will, by the transitive property, beat the Eagles?  

Not sure I can accept that logic.  I do think it will be a close one.

3 hours ago, BMcP said:

The Giants have been abysmal all year - because he beat the Cowboys he will, by the transitive property, beat the Eagles?  

Not sure I can accept that logic.  I do think it will be a close one.

5-1 against Philly as the 'Skins offensive coordinator. Skins beat them 5 straight until this season where they got swept by the birds. McVay owns the Eagles, it's only a question of if he has the tools in Los Angeles, as he did in Washington, to continue the streak.

5 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

That was my thinking too. I didn't notice until now how weak Philly's schedule has been this year.

Don't overthink the Philly's D/ST. They are definitely overrated through the air and Wilson proved that this last week. They eventually started pounding the ball on the ground. Had Wentz kept the game close, I wouldn't have been surprised if Wilson threw 3 or 4 touchdowns.

Sticking with Goff this week. The Philly pass D looks good on paper, but before Wilson they had a stretch of SF, DEN, BYE, @DAL, and CHI.

Facing those three teams at home, and then Dallas after a bye without Zeke isn't anything special. I have faith Mcvay will be ready to light them up.

Goff hasn't had a single good fantasy game against a good defense all season.  I wouldn't bet my playoff chances on that pattern breaking.  The argument that PHI's pass defense is overrated is hope not analysis.

I'd start Garappolo over Goff this week.

Edited by Nap Time

13 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Goff hasn't had a single good fantasy game against a good defense all season.  I wouldn't bet my playoff chances on that pattern breaking.  The argument that PHI's pass defense is overrated is hope not analysis.

I'd start Garappolo over Goff this week.

Philly isn't a great pass defense. 

• 2 weeks later...