NBC Sports Edge Forums

C.J. Prosise 2017 Season Outlook

9 hours ago, Red Dog said:

I get the impression pete is frustrated with him and Rawls, both were hurt last season and this year in TC.  Hard to believe either or anyone in that back field will have much of a run with that oline.

I agree...this backfield ranks among the cloudiest in the league.

I think Prosise has proven he's just not built for heavy usage...Im thinking he's a Shane Vereen at best.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming back in week 7@NYG. (supposedly)

Rawls / Lacy  doing nothing, McKissic locked into pass catching role,  PC has historically liked Prosise (except for the injuries) and had him as the starter not too long ago. Could make him starter again. 

He'll be a FA in many leagues until Kickoff tonight. 

IMHO, Worth a speculative end-of-bench add too see how that backfield shakes out. 

2 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I know he is injury prone, but someone has to do something in this backfield right? Prosise is listed at 6'1 225lbs. Could he handle early down work without breaking like glass?

Apprently not. My guess is no one in the backfield will be FF worthy this year. But if I’m going to take a flyer, it’s on CJ. He has shown he has big play ability.

2 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I know he is injury prone, but someone has to do something in this backfield right? Prosise is listed at 6'1 225lbs. Could he handle early down work without breaking like glass?

I don't remember the numbers but I think he did quite well last season when given the opportunity. 

But...as mentioned, he'd likely get injured in a game of chess.

10 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I have a sneaky feeling this could be Prosise's backfield if he can get and stay healthy. 

It’s a big if though. It’s easy to throw around the injury label, but he has earned it. I think Rawls and CJ are the two guys who could be something in this backfield. In terms of pure upside, I’d say it’s CJ. But either way it’s a crap,shoot at this point.

Prosise still isn’t healthy so it’s unlikely he puts up worthy numbers this week.  I’m am considering adding him as a stash next week.  Out of all the guys on the roster, I think the team would benefit most with Prosise getting the majority of the snaps.

But I don’t necessarily think they’ll rush him out before he’s ready/heathy.  Seattle is 2nd in the division behind the Rams, and they beat the Rams.

I’m not a buyer of any RB on the roster except Prosise, the only question is the timing of that buy.

Edited by seanismorris

Seattle absolutely should run mainly hurry-up from the shotgun and feature Wilson, they have an insane amount of 3 and outs that start with a useless run from a tight formation, then a pressure allowed from a tight formation and a 3rd and 8 play. Prosise is good enough to give them a run game from shotgun and catch passes but I doubt that's what they will do. he will probably see 2 carries and 3 catches this week

17 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I have a sneaky feeling this could be Prosise's backfield if he can get and stay healthy. 

Also stashed him with the same thinking. He’s back to full practices and the Hawks’ OC has came out and said he will have a role and they see him as an every down back as long as he’s healthy. 

10 minutes ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

Also stashed him with the same thinking. He’s back to full practices and the Hawks’ OC has came out and said he will have a role and they see him as an every down back as long as he’s healthy. 

They will have three backs active who have all seen the field. I like the optimism but just very skeptical that they will give him even a majority of the workload because they also noted their concerns of his injury history.

9 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

They will have three backs active who have all seen the field. I like the optimism but just very skeptical that they will give him even a majority of the workload because they also noted their concerns of his injury history.

Definitely just an end of bench lotto ticket that could pay off, Seattle is looking for somebody to take over with Carson out. 

57 minutes ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

Definitely just an end of bench lotto ticket that could pay off, Seattle is looking for somebody to take over with Carson out. 

Hes much more than a lotto ticket. The way that offense is playing right now he fits better than Rawls/Lacy. 

He should have been the number one ww add. Even without a majority of carries he’s a much better play than your Mack/Smallwood/Darkwa types. Especially PPR.

4 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Good point. But he doesn’t need the majority of the workload to be at least flex worthy. And, if he explodes this week, he becomes tradable in package deals and such.

3 hours ago, Magoo said:

Hes much more than a lotto ticket. The way that offense is playing right now he fits better than Rawls/Lacy. 

He should have been the number one ww add. Even without a majority of carries he’s a much better play than your Mack/Smallwood/Darkwa types. Especially PPR.

A healthy Prosise got 14 touches over three weeks of football...his best game he caught three balls for 65yds. What have you saw from him this year that has you so excited?

Edited by BrokeLoser
3 minutes ago, BrokeLoser said:

A healthy Prosise got 14 touches over three weeks of football...his best game he caught three balls for 65yds. What have you saw from him this year that has you so excited?

I don’t agree with picking him over Darkwa, but for me, it’s his skill set and opportunity. He is primarily competing with Rawls and Lacy for touches. It’s not hard to imagine Prosise doing well and earning a lot of touches.

6 minutes ago, BrokeLoser said:

Glad you asked. The lack of touches in weeks 1 through 4 had everything to do with Carson's breakout and nothing to do with Lacy/Rawls or CJ's ability.  The opportunity is there.

2 minutes ago, Butters said:

I don’t agree with picking him over Darkwa, but for me, it’s his skill set and opportunity. He is primarily competing with Rawls and Lacy for touches. It’s not hard to imagine Prosise doing well and earning a lot of touches.

I don't think his usage will cross over much with the usage of Lacy and Rawls...I'd bet the staff knows he just to fragile to run inside. 

I think his usage will cross over more with Graham who looks to have finally established a connection with Wilson.

He'll definitely have a roll...but I'd take Mack, Smallwood and Darkwa ahead of him without second guessing.

18 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Glad you asked. The lack of touches in weeks 1 through 4 had everything to do with Carson's breakout and nothing to do with Lacy/Rawls or CJ's ability.  The opportunity is there.

Carson's "success" has been overstated and blown way out of proportion....he went

6/39/0

20/93/0

11/34/0

12/42/0

with just a few catches. He didn't exactly dominate touches and kill it although people acted as if he did. 

31 minutes ago, BrokeLoser said:

I don't think his usage will cross over much with the usage of Lacy and Rawls...I'd bet the staff knows he just to fragile to run inside. 

I think his usage will cross over more with Graham who looks to have finally established a connection with Wilson.

He'll definitely have a roll...but I'd take Mack, Smallwood and Darkwa ahead of him without second guessing.

Its entirely possible that Mack and Smallwood score better than Prosise the ROS. But I think CJ has an easier path to relevance. Why? Because Gore and Blount have had success this year. Lacy and Rawls have not. So if Prosise produces, he can carve a big role pretty quickly.