NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alfred Morris 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

that just devolved from a top-5 fantasy player in the sport... like Gyrados becoming Magikarp

Pokémon reference, lol. Well Morris fantasy owner is hoping Morris can become Dragonite, but I will take a power up Magikarp behind the best OL as free pickup. Best yet, you can flip him and another decent player to Zeke owner for a stud.

2 minutes ago, kretan182 said:

Both were available in my league when I saw the news 10 minutes ago....back to back on the waiver wire on the top added players list. I added Morris soley on the fact that he had more adds than DMC lol

Same here actually. Plus Matthew Berry saying McFadden over Morris is ample reason for me to go Morris.

1 minute ago, Jj66 said:

Last week in practice, the Cowboys were getting Alfred Morris ready to start if Elliott had been suspended. Instead, Elliott had his six-game suspension blocked by an injunction order.

"We were preparing Alfred before the thing with Zeke came final for the week," Linehan said. "He had taken a lot of reps with the first group to be honest with you, and we felt like he had earned that at that point.

1 hour ago, the12thman said:

Just picked up Alfred Morris because I was so happen on rotoworld when the news broke. This legal battle is not over. If Zeke appeals in NY, I could see this drag out another 3-4 weeks and then suspension upheld. If Brady gets suspended, there's no chance Zeke walks away free. It's just a matter of when the suspension takes place. Back to the timeline, if Zeke's suspension takes place next week, you have a free RB2 helps you make the playoff. If legal battle drags out and Zeke is suspended in 3-4 weeks, you have a free RB2 through the fantasy playoff.

This is incorrect.  The suspension is in effect right now, not until Zeke's appeal is heard.  Thus the suspension will be overturned only after a court comes to a holding which likely won't happen by next Sunday.

6 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Warning: Zeke owners may be upset to the point of defiance and refuse to give up anything for Morris and/or McFadden, especially if they also drafted OBJ.

This is true. As a Zeke owner I'd rather call it quits on the season than give up a damn thing for his replacement. 

Fortunately, I snatched up Morris. But if I hadn't? See you in 2018.

30 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

This is incorrect.  The suspension is in effect right now, not until Zeke's appeal is heard.  Thus the suspension will be overturned only after a court comes to a holding which likely won't happen by next Sunday.

This is incorrect. The suspension is reinstated right now. The suspension is EXPECTED to put on hold if/when Zeke attorney files an appeal with the NY state court, which can happen way before next Sunday.

21 minutes ago, the12thman said:

This is incorrect. The suspension is reinstated right now. The suspension is EXPECTED to put on hold if/when Zeke attorney files an appeal with the NY state court, which can happen way before next Sunday.

No.  Zeke does not have an injunction right now, thus the suspension is in effect.  Zeke won't get an injunction just by filing a claim for an injunction in court, the court needs to actually make a holding to grant him an injunction.