NBC Sports Edge Forums

Logan Morrison 2017 Outlook

Hard hit up 5%

FB up 7% 

Oddly enough, babip and avg are exactly .244 

LD way down though, and pull% hasn't gone up. He's jacked more to center so far. 

Hr/fb is high at 27% 

He's walking at a good clip so the ops has me intrigued in one league. Interesting early profile, shows areas that seem to have room to gain and some that will also probably fall a little. 

Still not sure if there's anything here long term, but he's back on my radar at least.

Edited by WahooManiac
  • 2 weeks later...

Just smacked another bomb. Today his stats were 2/5 with 3 walks...

power is real... 14 bombs on the year

LETS GO

Edited by nips

honestly, I have no idea... but LoMo is raking right now!

He has always had some pop and a pretty miserable average. He has never had this much pop though. His best season in the majors was 2011 when he hit 23 HR's and sported a .247/.330/.468 slash line in 462 AB's.

Does anyone know if he is doing something differently? He is 29, so its kind of an odd time for a breakout season.

Logan Morrison on recent changes he has made...

“I was always taught to hit the ball on the ground and run. And I’m not even fast. When you’re struggling, what are you told to go to? You go back to basics and try to hit a ground ball up the middle. I get shifted, so that would mean I’m out. So now, my ‘back to basics’ is to try to hit a fly ball up the middle. Valuing that side of it — launch angle and all that stuff — has helped me out a lot.”

• 2 weeks later...

I finally took the dive on LoMo.  I couldn't ignore those bombs anyone.  Plus I play in an average + OBP + slugging league.  Just hold this HR pace even hitting .244/.338/542. .  

End line projection of 38/89/99  with a triple slash line of 242/.354/.601.  Where would this line put  him in the end rankings?  Top 70?

3 hours ago, codyodea said:

I finally took the dive on LoMo.  I couldn't ignore those bombs anyone.  Plus I play in an average + OBP + slugging league.  Just hold this HR pace even hitting .244/.338/542. .  

End line projection of 38/89/99  with a triple slash line of 242/.354/.601.  Where would this line put  him in the end rankings?  Top 70?

Maybe just outside the top-70 in standard 5x5. Khris Davis went 42-102-.247 last season and finished ranked #67 overall for reference sake. I realize every year is different, but the numbers you cited are relatively close to what Davis did last year so figured it was a decent comparison. 

11 hours ago, codyodea said:

sorry but I don't see LoMo keeping this pace up.  I see the clock approaching midnite in July.

@jb_power I have zero statistical evidence to suggest that LoMo keeps stroking dongs at his current clip.  In fact, everything suggests otherwise.  I'm just following my gut and my desperate need for the long ball.  I could see a career year in the making.  Just look at what Mark Reynolds has done with his career.  #baseball gets funky sometimes.

Edited by codyodea
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2017 at 11:36 PM, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

LOMO BOMB......starting to develop a knack for hitting extra inning home runs

giphy.gif

LOve this picture of Anthony Rendon and what LOMO is doing this year...