NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin White 2017 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, PhilsPhan90 said:

Sooooo, huge value increase as the main/only WR target in Chicago?

Don't count out kendall in this offense but honestly it's the Bears and their skills players confuse me every year. I never get them right

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, PhilsPhan90 said:

Sooooo, huge value increase as the main/only WR target in Chicago?

Not the only target. Wright / Wheaton still exist. But he's probably the biggest target, as long he stays healthy, which he hasn't shown that he can do.

Obviously this guy has been injured, but it seems like he's falling in the fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.  Not even sure what a fool me thrice is supposed to sound like.

Haven't heard much from him this preseason or training camp reports.  Sure, the Cameron Meredith injury helps his target outlook, but he's nothing more than a dart throw that you take in the double digit rounds.  Half of those dart throws will not even be on your roster by the end of week 3.

I wouldn't sweat over Wheaton. As a steelers fan I've seen every snap he's played, and he's just not a good football player. He'll never challenge White or Wright for market share. Think it's just between those two and Miller. Howard's not really a threat out of the backfield reception wise either. 

7 minutes ago, Robrain said:

Completely spitballing here, but by Week 7 it's either going to be Kevin White making plays for the Bears at receiver, or Tanner Gentry.

Why I'm not super worried about Deonte Thompson being a dark horse here:

Did Deonte Thompson just spin the football after making a 3rd down catch short of a first down?

Deonte Thompson spinning the ball after a catch that made it 4&1 was an interesting thing to see.

Mike Glennon said he and Deonte Thompson were not "on the same chapter" on the third-down corner route incompletion near the end of Q2.

Glennon was asked if the problem was the depth of Thompson's break. He declined to answer in detail, saying they'll scrub it up in practice

43 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Local Chi town sports media was quoted as saying,

"White looks like a tight end running down the field, his speed is just gone.' 

DND 

Bust o matic 

And this one wasn't his fault, the WR blocking for the screen whiffed big time:

Not quite sure he's lost his speed:

If there's anything slow about him, I'd almost say it's his form, he takes a big long slow stutter step coming off the line which seems to be slowing his release?

I think that's where he's falling to.  12-team, 15-round draft, I finally drafted him in the 12.05 spot.

And draft was the same night Meredith's injury happened.  Figured I could burn a late pick on Kevin White and figure out if it was an okay choice later.

On August 27, 2017 at 1:20 PM, ponza88 said:

Kevin White stock rises big time with Meredith out.

FWIW, he has caught everything with his body this preseason = I think the man is playing with zero confidence.

Edited by psygolf
2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

i'm holding BOTH white and wright dropped a kicker and def to hold them in case some breaking news happens  between now and wk1

Breaking news?  The breaking news already happened - Meredith is out for the season with an injury.

What further news are you expecting to hear?  That Kevin White sprouted wings and is the NFL's new matchup nightmare accordingly?

The only way we'll know if it's a good lotto ticket is by waiting for the first few weeks and seeing what he does in the limelight.

7 minutes ago, Robrain said:

Breaking news?  The breaking news already happened - Meredith is out for the season with an injury.

What further news are you expecting to hear?  That Kevin White sprouted wings and is the NFL's new matchup nightmare accordingly?

The only way we'll know if it's a good lotto ticket is by waiting for the first few weeks and seeing what he does in the limelight.

It's the NFL, one fall, trip, groin pull, turf toe etc in practice and it's another player shuffle.  Bridgewater last year and tannehill this year both season ending  injuries in PRACTICE.

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

FWIW, he has caught everything with his body this preseason = I think the man is playing with zero confidence.

True... they said that about Golden Tate too.

4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

It's the NFL, one fall, trip, groin pull, turf toe etc in practice and it's another player shuffle.  Bridgewater last year and tannehill this year both season ending  injuries in PRACTICE.

Yes.... if the player has the skills to perform given opportunity.    That's really the question with White.   All the talk coming out of Chicago is that he doesn't.   Phrases like-  "Reminding him he was once good"  and "Haven't figured out his strengths yet."    Not good 

Edited by Impreza178
2 hours ago, psygolf said:

Not sure what this is supposed to mean.  There are about 8 clips above this, and not one of them did he catch with his body.