NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Doctson 2017 Season Outlook

So I've google searched and found several articles from beat writers or amateur bloggers saying that Doctson needs more snaps and the Redskins need to get him more involved.  But, has there been any positive coach speak or actual reports of observations of practice saying he is getting more run and involvement in the gameplay?

It's a little disappointing to not hear anything about him.  I'm still holding out hope, but to use a valuable roster spot on a guy with one decent catch and one almost catch all year is a little ridiculous.  If his usage stays the same as it was pre-bye, then I don't doubt that Roger Lewis and Ricardo Louis will outscore him for the rest of the season.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gruden has said it already and this was my issue with Doctson.   They think he can run the go route great and is a red zone weapon, BUT until he can consistenly run other routes in practice, he is not going to get a lot more snaps.  He makes awesome highlight catches, but is supposedly inconsistent during the week doing everything else.

47 minutes ago, Afc34 said:

Firing him up!! It was between him watkins and juju now that diggs is out. Last time I made a risky start like this it was Watkins vs this same sf secondary. Don't @ me when this all blows up in my face. 

I rather play JuJu. 5 points is ofc better than 0.

On 10/12/2017 at 12:30 PM, gus030 said:

Gruden said he wants to get crowder more involved so I am staying away until there is more clarity on his role

Gruden is a dirty liar and a terrible human being.

1 hour ago, Afc34 said:

Firing him up!! It was between him watkins and juju now that diggs is out. Last time I made a risky start like this it was Watkins vs this same sf secondary. Don't @ me when this all blows up in my face. 

Wow, I don’t like all three of your options. 

you have crowder and Pryor both s---*ing the bed in WAS what the hell is Doctson going to do? 

there is little reason to stash this guy let alone buy into the unreal amount of hype surrounding him. 

1/52/1

2/27/0

how the f--- is this guy worth 12 pages of discussion is beyond me. 

Edited by bigfatandugly
3 hours ago, Afc34 said:

I think juju is ur best option for fantasy relevant points

On 10/13/2017 at 5:10 PM, bigfatandugly said:

you have crowder and Pryor both s---*ing the bed in WAS what the hell is Doctson going to do? 

there is little reason to stash this guy let alone buy into the unreal amount of hype surrounding him. 

1/52/1

2/27/0

how the f--- is this guy worth 12 pages of discussion is beyond me. 

Pryor and crowded crapping the bed is exactly why this former first round pick is a good stash. Crowder doesn’t line up outside so Doctson will most likely out snap him on a weekly basis. Pryor is a QB who can barely get open so that leaves you with one true split end that happens to have a high pedigree.  

Funny things tend to happen during bye weeks. 

...and I’d like to see any Fantasy analyst or arm chair QB try and catch a ball mid air and then belly flop on top of it and hold on. 

I would t feel great about starting him this week but I have a gut feeling one of the plans during the bye week was to get him more involved. Stay tuned 

24 minutes ago, charliehustler said:

Pryor and crowded crapping the bed is exactly why this former first round pick is a good stash. Crowder doesn’t line up outside so Doctson will most likely out snap him on a weekly basis. Pryor is a QB who can barely get open so that leaves you with one true split end that happens to have a high pedigree.  

Funny things tend to happen during bye weeks. 

...and I’d like to see any Fantasy analyst or arm chair QB try and catch a ball mid air and then belly flop on top of it and hold on. 

I would t feel great about starting him this week but I have a gut feeling one of the plans during the bye week was to get him more involved. Stay tuned 

He looks the part to me and that leap he made even though he dropped it was amazing. I desperately need consistency from my #3 WR because MBryant has let me down. I know if I don’t pick him up today and he scores a td, I won’t get him off waivers.  Every media outlet will make that guy a must pick up this week. 

So, do I pick him up today hoping he breaks out after the bye and then cut Bryant when he pits up his 3 points again, or do I just say, “Bryant is my horse no matter what? 

I want to believe!

6 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

He looks the part to me and that leap he made even though he dropped it was amazing. I desperately need consistency from my #3 WR because MBryant has let me down. I know if I don’t pick him up today and he scores a td, I won’t get him off waivers.  Every media outlet will make that guy a must pick up this week. 

So, do I pick him up today hoping he breaks out after the bye and then cut Bryant when he pits up his 3 points again, or do I just say, “Bryant is my horse no matter what? 

I want to believe!

I simply don't see enough in any of the wr corp to warrant a strong stash for Doctson. Fact is the skins are running the ball more and passing less, which translates to fewer tarets for everyone. Their defense keeps them in games. Crowder and Pryor haven't failed enough or maybe the coaching staff is content with the rotation of pryor-grant-crowder-docton-quick.  if u have the bench stash him and if you don't be ready to pounce on a breakout

What are people waiting for?

You want to see an 8/100/2 game before deciding that he has talent?  Good luck with that, you will be using all your FAAB in that case.

Surely there is somebody on your bench who will never see your lineup that you could cut for him.

6 minutes ago, CooL said:

You want to see an 8/100/2 game before deciding that he has talent?  Good luck with that, you will be using all your FAAB in that case.

Surely there is somebody on your bench who will never see your lineup that you could cut for him.

Yeah he dropped that passed, but there's no questioning his talent. I sent a next year first round pick for him.

18 minutes ago, CooL said:

Sure, jamison chowder or corky davis

33 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Sure, jamison chowder or corky davis

Same here, only mine is Bryant instead of Chowder. 

I had a feeling about Agholor but he was trending upward, and I didn’t act upon it. Probably lost out.

i have a feeling about Doctson but he really is not trending upward, so I don’t feel an urge to cut Bryant or Davis.