NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Doctson 2017 Season Outlook

5 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

It could be. But I think Eagles offense can put up quite a few points and Redskins will need to respond at some point. Not sure the Thompson + TE gameplan is sustainable ROS. Can't run a very efficient offense when just running it predominately through that and ignoring use of the WRs. One of these WRs will have to step up. 

Or Kirk could simply keep doing his progressions and spread the targets amongst crowder-doctson-pryor-quick-grant which makes all of them fantasy irrelevant.

I'm beginning to think the fantasy relevant wr on the skins is the one who gets the TD for the week, not the one who gets the most snaps or even targets.

Edited by dashoe
  • Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything less than 50% snaps and 4 targets and it's drop city for this buffoon. Tired of waiting. If coming out of a bye where Gruden says they want to get him more involved, and if doesn't happen, then when can you realistically expect it to happen?

Just now, HTXMade said:

Redskins are going to have to throw tonight.  Philly is ranked 29th against the pass and 1st against the run.  I see Doctson having his breakout game tonight

I agree. I think Philly might run up the score, too, since Washington is missing some pieces on the defense.

8 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

The problem with Doctson is that he's a china doll with handle with extreme care label on it.

Unfortunately, I agree with you.  That is why I am not getting my hopes too high on him.  He seems to get injured every time he is hit.  He is rather lean.

2 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

Redskins are going to have to throw tonight.  Philly is ranked 29th against the pass and 1st against the run.  I see Doctson having his breakout game tonight

This was my thinking too. Great rushing defense means you have to pass.  However, Philly can be exposed on passes to the RB. I’m expecting Thompson to have a big game. 

10 minutes ago, CooL said:

Anything less than 50% snaps and 4 targets and it's drop city for this buffoon. Tired of waiting. If coming out of a bye where Gruden says they want to get him more involved, and if doesn't happen, then when can you realistically expect it to happen?

I u derstand the frustration of waiting but I’ve waited 7 weeks for Corey Davis.  I’ve only owned Doctson one week. I will cut him slack today if he is 2-38 and not tds with 3 targets.  I might not be so patient after week 8 though when I have 3 WRs on bye. 

13 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

The problem with Doctson is that he's a china doll with handle with extreme care label on it.

Jordan Reed is even more so, Gruden hasn't had a problem peppering him with targets when he is on the field.

2 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Crowder has been hurt all season, I wouldn't be counting on him.

Exactly. Crowder just hasn't looked right at any point this season. Pryor is MIA this season. It could just be a lost season for all the Redskins WRs. Worth gambling on Doctson as you aren't going to lose much if it doesn't work out this year. 

for me for tonights stash it's between Doctson and Golladay - both seem very volatile, moreso Detroit as never know what Stafford will do.  Marvin Jones could end up soaking it all up too.

Edited by nosh0t
9 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I u derstand the frustration of waiting but I’ve waited 7 weeks for Corey Davis.  I’ve only owned Doctson one week. I will cut him slack today if he is 2-38 and not tds with 3 targets.  I might not be so patient after week 8 though when I have 3 WRs on bye. 

The difference is that Corey Davis has been injured.  This guy is presumably well enough to be practicing and playing, yet for some reason it's not translating to trust or success on game days.  Week in and week out he goes in and gets his 2 targets.

2 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Why do people hold crappy players for so long? 

How long is long? I have held underperforming players for a week, two weeks, three weeks and four weeks yet no matter how long I have them they go off the next week after I drop them.

23 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

How long is long? I have held underperforming players for a week, two weeks, three weeks and four weeks yet no matter how long I have them they go off the next week after I drop them.

Well it's week 7 now and there are guys who drafted crowder and are still holding him. Time to move on. 

I'll get the obvious out of the way, yes he is in my lineup tonight. But my gut tells me he breaks out tonight and becomes this year's WR breakout over the likes of Fuller, Hogan, and company. I had my wr3 on a bye this week so in picking up a fill-in had chances to waiver someone else or pickup more proven pass-catchers, but something about this kid just stands out. Maybe it's the fact that all other skins receivers not named Thompson (a rb) have not lived up to expectations. Maybe it's Doctson's freakish ability and speed, maybe it Gruden's kind words... I don't know, but use your last roster spot to pick him up before tonight's game. Waiting until Wednesday might be too late.

18 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Sorry but I haven't seen any reason to pick this guy up yet. Role the tape...

Isn't the point in FF to pickup players week(s) before they are on the radar of 'experts' or your league mates? At least that is how I try to do it. If you want until it becomes an obvious pickup, it is too late.

Just now, burninglegs said:

Isn't the point in FF to pickup players week(s) before they are on the radar of 'experts' or your league mates? At least that is how I try to do it. If you want until it becomes an obvious pickup, it is too late.

Yep. Heard his name for week after week after week. And week after week he has not broken out. Understandably the coaches aren't playing him. But regardless the reason. Meh.

3 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Yep. Heard his name for week after week after week. And week after week he has not broken out. Understandably the coaches aren't playing him. But regardless the reason. Meh.

His knack for finding the end zone on limited use should be enough reason to hold onto to see what he has for a few more weeks.

had a redzone target, but other than that it was a blah performance.  I don't get this offense, in the redzone you can pretty much count out the receivers catching a TD pass.  Cousins just loves throwing to the TEs and Thompson.  

He's a deep bench stash, droppable if there are better options.