NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Doctson 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

His schedule is not brutal.  He has Dallas, Chargers, and Arizon weeks 13-15.  All those are considered FAVORABLE. Before then, he has what is considered moderate defenses, not great (green) and not difficult (red).  Mostly yellow. 

He does have Seattle which is red, difficult, in there, and Denver week 16 which is red. 

If he gets shadowed by Patrick Peterson, ARI won't be favorable. Either way, it's one of those things of whether you believe in the system or not. Do you believe Cousins will funnel passes to him, or continue to spread the ball around and Doctson only ends up getting 4-6 looks a game? I'm on the side of needing to see it to believe it first, but I'm sure by that time, someone else will have already snagged him. 

2 minutes ago, datsyuk said:

If he gets shadowed by Patrick Peterson, ARI won't be favorable. Either way, it's one of those things of whether you believe in the system or not. Do you believe Cousins will funnel passes to him, or continue to spread the ball around and Doctson only ends up getting 4-6 looks a game? I'm on the side of needing to see it to believe it first, but I'm sure by that time, someone else will have already snagged him. 

Why would any #1 CB shadow doctson? Seems like an easy way for washington to make a #1 CB irrelevant the whole game.

"Here Patrick, you follow Josh Doctson and we will get our other guys to cover Reed and Davis and Thompson coming out of the backfield"

Then kirk just avoids the #1 CB all game.

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Why would any #1 CB shadow doctson? Seems like an easy way for washington to make a #1 CB irrelevant the whole game.

"Here Patrick, you follow Josh Doctson and we will get our other guys to cover Reed and Davis and Thompson coming out of the backfield"

Well because by that time, Doctson will probably have etched his way into the #1 WR for the Redskins. They probably won't even guard Pryor.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Well,  who does Peterson usually cover?  Doesn’t he cover the opposing teams’ best WR?  If Josh is the best, then why would Peterson cover Chowder or the other WR, whoever that may be (Pryor, ?). I did t think Peterson would cover a TE. Am I wrong here?  Does he cover TEs?

1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

Well,  who does Peterson usually cover?  Doesn’t he cover the opposing teams’ best WR?  If Josh is the best, then why would Peterson cover Chowder or the other WR, whoever that may be (Pryor, ?). I did t think Peterson would cover a TE. Am I wrong here?  Does he cover TEs?

Peterson can cover anyone.

I just think it is premature to say that josh draws the #1 CB all game every game, if that is true with his schedule he is an easy drop for me.

Doctson hasnt proven enough for a #1 CB to waste his time on all game. 

If Josh Doctson is drawing Peterson full-time in week 15, you'll be thanking the heavens that Doctson has made himself -that- relevant in the Redskins offense. And you're probably still starting him in that case anyway.

Edited by Fiveohnine

If he's drawing the #1 corner at all times, he's likely going to be getting #1 receiver targets (8-10+) and endzone looks in RZ/GL.

It also likely means he's had his breakout game and at least a couple of good performances. 

If it gets to this point, it likely leads to starter numbers in the flex at the least with strong WR2 upside. I wouldn't care who's covering him, he'd likely find himself in my lineup. 

32 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Peterson can cover anyone.

I just think it is premature to say that josh draws the #1 CB all game every game, if that is true with his schedule he is an easy drop for me.

Doctson hasnt proven enough for a #1 CB to waste his time on all game. 

Peterson would never cover a slot wr, te, or rb. So he'd cover either doctson or grant. Which one would you choose? 

Edited by yanksman
1 hour ago, Fiveohnine said:

If Josh Doctson is drawing Peterson full-time in week 15, you'll be thanking the heavens that Doctson has made himself -that- relevant in the Redskins offense. And you're probably still starting him in that case anyway.

I wont go that far.