NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Doctson 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

I've watched it several times just a bit ago also to make sure I saw what I saw  and it clearly went right through his hands.  It doesn't matter though as it's one catch, and I wasn't calling you out or anything.  I'll just leave it at that.

Wrong. He Randy Mossed that db and cradled the ball into his chest before the db ever got a hand on it. Say you don't trust the touches or the weather but to diminish that catch is just absurd.

1 hour ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Pryor and Crowder ain't cutting it. Kirk continues to amaze. He has good stats considering his WR's haven't done much. Doctson has seemed to move past Pryor. Good things should be on the horizon.

Yes, but the argument has been made many times that the reason why Cousins has good stats is that he only throws the ball to Reed/Davis and the RBs.  The WRs are secondary in this offense.

I'm hoping for 10 points PPR but I'm not holding my breath.

I wouldn't minimize the athleticism Doctson displayed in making that play, but the DB (Amerson?) deserves credit for the assist. The ball is past Doctson's hands when it's stopped by the defender. Had the ball continued its downward trajectory it's unlikely that it would have been caught, but the defender's hands stopped it in midair, and Doctson reacted quickly by taking it away and bringing it into his own control.

Again, jumping and reaching backwards,across the defenders body, to position himself to grab the ball was a tremendous feat. It wasn't, however, a good example of a clean catch that proves he has amazing hands.

Josh is on a short leash with me. If Pryor steps back up then I see no reason to have Josh and I will swap him out for Dede. 

I happen to believe Skins have not given up on Pryor yet because they inserted him in the 4th q and threw to him 4 times, none to Josh.  That speaks volumes to me. I’m not sure why it doesn’t to some of you. 

Dont listen to coachspeak. He is saying things to fire up Pryor who does want a big contract next year you know. 

Oh, and consider this.  Williams, LT, is now out. Their Center is out and their RG is probably out. Their RT is questionable. That is 4 of 5 guys probably out on OL.

i guarantee you see nothing but short passes again. You should definitely drop your expectations for Josh today....rain too. 

6 hours ago, charliehustler said:

Wrong. He Randy Mossed that db and cradled the ball into his chest before the db ever got a hand on it. Say you don't trust the touches or the weather but to diminish that catch is just absurd.

Sorry, but you are the one who is wrong here. The ball clearly hit the DB in both hands, and I'm not sure how anyone can say the DB never got a hand on it. It was a great catch, but let's not alter the truth. 

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

Is there anyone plugging in Doctson today?

I am, but it's a "must play" situation with byes. I picked up John Ross and could plug him in, but I don't know how much run Cincy will actually give him today. 

4 hours ago, oresteszero said:

Is there anyone plugging in Doctson today?

Yes but I'm not expecting big things from him today.

I had to pick up another WR due to bye weeks and this guy was trending up.

Most of my waiver pickups this year have turned to gold so lets see if I can do it again with Doctson.

1/1/1 damn shame.

It’s Cousins, I am becoming convinced he’s trying to pad his stats, and completion percentage for whatever reason. WR is useless in this offense right now, it’s all about Thompson and Reed or Davis. I get the weather was bad but he hasn’t been pushing the ball down the field.

1 minute ago, Brettg57 said:

1/1/1 damn shame.

It’s Cousins, I am becoming convinced he’s trying to pad his stats, and completion percentage for whatever reason. WR is useless in this offense right now, it’s all about Thompson and Reed or Davis. I get the weather was bad but he hasn’t been pushing the ball down the field.

Did you watch the game?  They were borderline trying to force the ball into his hands at one point, he even drew a ~30 yard pass interference when they took a shot at the endzone.  He was throwing verticle balls to him, and he ran a bunch of different routes.  Boxscore looks bad, weather was bad, overall I saw nothing from this game that led me to believe the stash isn't worth it.

2 minutes ago, ap0calypse said:

Did you watch the game?  They were borderline trying to force the ball into his hands at one point, he even drew a ~30 yard pass interference when they took a shot at the endzone.  He was throwing verticle balls to him, and he ran a bunch of different routes.  Boxscore looks bad, weather was bad, overall I saw nothing from this game that led me to believe the stash isn't worth it.

I did actually. You mean the 30 yard pass that wasn’t catchable?

and to be correct I never said he was a drop. I said a damn shame, I believe in his potential read my post.

Edited by Brettg57
2 minutes ago, ap0calypse said:

Grant has 7 targets Crowder 13 and Doctson 3, they were trying to force to force the ball to him though...oh