Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Doctson 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

1 catch though? What was his snap count?

36, and apparently started the game.  Only 2 targets. I'm just betting on both his snaps and role increasing over the coming weeks. Obviously 2 targets, 1 catch isn't a player you can plug into your lineup if that's your need. But I'm just recommending him as a stash in 12 player leagues if you have the roster space. In my position, I'd rather stash now and see how he trends then wait and have to compete for him on FAAB bidding if he does breakout. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Aussie Digger said:

That was a helluva catch tonight. He literally went up and over the CB who was waiting for the interception, stole the ball from him, and then landed beautifully in balance and strode into the endzone.  Reminded me of the Beckham catch against the Cowboys which announced his coming to the world.

 

Now the question is whether they will gain confidence and start to look from him on more plays, slants and so on. Cousins is still the king of the checkdown to Chris Thompson.

Cousins was one of the best throwers of the deep ball last year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He is the sneakiest stash out there.

 

People are jumping all over Corey Davis, the Doctson has a clear path to playing time, targets, and rendering Terrelle Pryor useless. Pryor is already going that to himself.

 

Doctson is looking healthy, and has already produced a huge play. His snap share has increased each game, per rotoworld.

 

He's my end of bench stash. The upside is too huge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He is the sneakiest stash out there.

 

People are jumping all over Corey Davis, the Doctson has a clear path to playing time, targets, and rendering Terrelle Pryor useless. Pryor is already going that to himself.

 

Doctson is looking healthy, and has already produced a huge play. His snap share has increased each game, per rotoworld.

 

He's my end of bench stash. The upside is too huge.

 

 

I agree he is an early stash as the Skns get their passing game in sync.  Reed is dealing with multiple injuries and Pryor appears to be in the doghouse.  Alot needs to develop  for Doctson to become a primary target, particularly staying healthy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sp12 said:

I'd stash Doctson after his bye week 6. Think he has the most upside for WR on my available free agents in a 12 team league. Kirk Cousin is a solid bet to throw 4400+ and Pryor/Crowder not producing yet. 

 

I stashed him this week.  If he catches another TD on Monday night, he would cost a waiver.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does he have good hands?...I cannot deal with another knucklehead like Bryant on my roster who cannot catch

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was hoping to wait a little longer to make the stash, but that Rotoworld update got me way too worried, knowing other people were going to see it too. 

 

Upside is sky high. As a lifelong skins fan living in the area, I can tell you he is ALL local reporters and fans want to talk about. Hoping he can finally stat healthy enough to play. We know the skill set is elite. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Does he have good hands?...I cannot deal with another knucklehead like Bryant on my roster who cannot catch

 

 

 

I am guessing you do not watch college football?

 

He was unstoppable at TCU.

 

Been waiting some time for this guy to get healthy.

 

If you drafted Pryor like i did then this guy is a must own to hedge your bet in case pryor never gets it together with cousins this season.

 

I dont think chris thompson will remain that teams WR1

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

 

 

I am guessing you do not watch college football?

 

He was unstoppable at TCU.

 

Been waiting some time for this guy to get healthy.

 

If you drafted Pryor like i did then this guy is a must own to hedge your bet in case pryor never gets it together with cousins this season.

 

I dont think chris thompson will remain that teams WR1

Nice...Thanks I would believe if you didn't think Derrick Henry was actually good

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Kid's fools gold. Jordan Reed is more reliable than Doctson. If he has another game like the one against Oakland this season, I'll eat crow.

 

 

Haha...clearly you're just using hyperbole to try and prove a point on the internet...

 

But if you actually think this, I'd love to make a side wager with you. 

 

You really don't think he'll top 1 catch, 52 yards, and 1 TD in any other game this season??

 

Name your price...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Along with Gordon, Doctson is one of the better WR stashes still available in a lot of leagues. If you need a plug and play sooner than later he is a much better option over Gordon. He just needs to stay healthy and hope the Redskins offense finds some consistency. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, burninglegs said:

Along with Gordon, Doctson is one of the better WR stashes still available in a lot of leagues. If you need a plug and play sooner than later he is a much better option over Gordon. He just needs to stay healthy and hope the Redskins offense finds some consistency. 

 While people are getting hyped about Mike Williams having an OBJ like break out, I think doctson will actually have an obj like year potentially. The situation is quite similar just a year delayed since he isn't a rookie anymore. Pryor looks like trash, and reed is injured. Looks like he will be the only true vertical threat

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Carson... Evan Engram.... the key to waiver 'hits' is to pounce right before talent meets opportunity-- that subtle window that opens right before it's too late

 

the time to snag Josh Doctson is now.

 

I mean, unless you are in a 10-teamer, in which case it's probably premature 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Why's everyone so high on him all of a sudden?  :blink:

 

because we came upon this pornography

 

and because Pryor is sucking, and Doctson made a Randy-Moss-esque catch last week, and because Doc was a top pick for good reason, and his opportunities should soon be increasing. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
Link to post
Share on other sites

With 25% of fantasy season done you should have a good idea of your team's trends, strengths and weakness as well as the rest of your league.  This is the time I like to stash what I consider late season high ceiling picks if give the opportunity vs churning guys on the waiver who have already shown even with opportunity they won't be difference makers.

Doctson is trending up and gaining the confidence with the coaches and the QB, last game he made the most of his opportunity and that was a very impressive  mark. that's the type of player I like to stash vs a kendall wright, britt, kupp, etc. If he fails no problem if he succeeds I have a game changer similar to the way crowder became a solid flex option  2016 midseason before fizzled at the end.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of viewed all of Gruden's comments about Doctson as a form of motivating him. He's kind of like a rookie, as he misses most of last season, so i feel Gruden limiting his snaps and making comments about "having not done much" or "needs to earn it", are forms of him getting the best out of Doctson. Once the chains are off, which it looks like that may happen soon, he'll be the WR to own in WSH. Especially if Pryor doesn't find his game in time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Chris Carson... Evan Engram.... the key to waiver 'hits' is to pounce right before talent meets opportunity-- that subtle window that opens right before it's too late

 

the time to snag Josh Doctson is now.

 

I mean, unless you are in a 10-teamer, in which case it's probably premature 

If everyone is confident in a breakout, or becoming the #1 WR in Washington, I don't see it as premature in a Ten Team league. Especially when you play with savvy owners. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...