Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Doctson 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Doctson's targets and production are on the way up.  Every season a handful of very young, talented players ascend.  Over the past several games, it is clear to my eye that Doctson is one of those players.  Even last night, Cousins took several long shots with him, demonstrating the growing confidence that he and the CS have in him.

 

We don't win championships waiting for an ascending player to hit us in the face with his breakout before we play him.  If you wait until a box score tells you a player has arrived, you won't win anything, especially in a competitive league.

 

With the injuries that Washington has absorbed, the pass offense (which is quite good despite the O-line injuries) is going to run ROS through two guys, Crowder and Doctson.  In that dynamic, Doctson will have his share of big games.  You can book it, even if you can't read it at the moment in a box score.

 

You'll see.  From here on out, health permitting, Doctson will produce a reliable floor when he doesn't deliver a top 20 week.  The proof is already on the tape.

Sure, make sense.  But it's already week 12.  So next week for most is the end of the regular fantasy season.  Then you have 3 playoff weeks.  When are we going to see this breakout so we can reliably trust him?  You're going to trust him to win you week 1 of your fantasy playoffs?

 

I'm surprised at how little he was involved.  In the beginning of the game, it looked like Cousins was taking shots at him.  There was a long end zone throw that got deflected away.  I think maybe another sideline toss earlier.  Was lamenting that I needed to drop him earlier and no longer part of my squad.  But the final line?  4 targets?  2-28-1?  So without the TD toss he only had 1 catch?  Pfft.

 

Seems like this offense now is Perine and Crowder.  Doctson might have a big game here or there, but there's only four weeks left and I'm not holding my breath.  If I had to put in the lineup I wouldn't feel good about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't trust Dotson for the playoffs, the targets are there but I can't trust Kirk to give high quality targets as a main offensive option and most of those targets are not easy to make catches, more like he goes through his progressions and says crap no one else is open so let me chuck one to Doctson and hope he grabs it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Doctson's targets and production are on the way up.  Every season a handful of very young, talented players ascend.  Over the past several games, it is clear to my eye that Doctson is one of those players.  Even last night, Cousins took several long shots with him, demonstrating the growing confidence that he and the CS have in him.

 

We don't win championships waiting for an ascending player to hit us in the face with his breakout before we play him.  If you wait until a box score tells you a player has arrived, you won't win anything, especially in a competitive league.

 

With the injuries that Washington has absorbed, the pass offense (which is quite good despite the O-line injuries) is going to run ROS through two guys, Crowder and Doctson.  In that dynamic, Doctson will have his share of big games.  You can book it, even if you can't read it at the moment in a box score.

 

You'll see.  From here on out, health permitting, Doctson will produce a reliable floor when he doesn't deliver a top 20 week.  The proof is already on the tape.

If you are looking for a player like Doctson as one of you starting WR's in a competitive league your chances of winning the championship are slim to nil. Top teams at this point have their Wr's locked in with the likes of Green, Brown etc....You may get into the playoffs with an ascending player like Doctson...but odds are you don't last that long. Championship caliber teams don't have WR's that have their share of big games, they have players that consistently have big games.  Playing with fire dreaming that a 4 target WR is going to lead you to the promised land....Hey dream on!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mar1kle said:

If you are looking for a player like Doctson as one of you starting WR's in a competitive league your chances of winning the championship are slim to nil. Top teams at this point have their Wr's locked in with the likes of Green, Brown etc....You may get into the playoffs with an ascending player like Doctson...but odds are you don't last that long. Championship caliber teams don't have WR's that have their share of big games, they have players that consistently have big games.  Playing with fire dreaming that a 4 target WR is going to lead you to the promised land....Hey dream on!

 

What on earth are you talking about? That you need a locked in WR1 to win the championship? You can't start a Doctson type WR as your third or second and expect to win? Just straight horse crap 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

 

What on earth are you talking about? That you need a locked in WR1 to win the championship? You can't start a Doctson type WR as your third or second and expect to win? Just straight horse crap 

I'm going to venture to bet that there are more championship teams with Jamison Crowder in their lineups than Josh Doctson...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

 

What on earth are you talking about? That you need a locked in WR1 to win the championship? You can't start a Doctson type WR as your third or second and expect to win? Just straight horse crap 

Play the odds, my friend. Odds are that Doctson won't deliver you a championship.

 

Do you even know who will match up with him week 14 and 15?

 

Expect all you want... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

Play the odds, my friend. Odds are that Doctson won't deliver you a championship.

 

Do you even know who will match up with him week 14 and 15?

 

Expect all you want... 

 

I have no idea what teams are out there but I was questioning your comments on needing a a pack of studs at WR to deliver a chip. If you are rolling 3 RB1s and a WR1 plus Doctson you're probably O.K.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CooL said:

I'm going to venture to bet that there are more championship teams with Jamison Crowder in their lineups than Josh Doctson...

 

Doesn't really touch base on the quoted post but yeah agreed I guess? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

 

Doesn't really touch base on the quoted post but yeah agreed I guess? 

You're implying you can win a championship with Josh Doctson. While that may be true, I'm saying that more teams will have Crowder on their roster than Doctson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CooL said:

You're implying you can win a championship with Josh Doctson. While that may be true, I'm saying that more teams will have Crowder on their roster than Doctson.

 

I have both, and yes, I do quite well (thank you) in competitive leagues identifying and selectively playing ascending players (usually before my competition is able to).

 

13 hours ago, mar1kle said:

Championship caliber teams don't have WR's that have their share of big games, they have players that consistently have big games. 

 

If you only have rosters chock full of no brainers, you don't play in competitive leagues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chump0 said:

Anyone starting him on Thursday against the Cowboys?

Since I'm not willing to risk Juju's hammy issues with a MNF game and no replacement,yes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Doctson is going to have ONE monster game this season, good luck predicting which game. Should have been the Giants game

At least this week neither team will have the excuse of playing on a short week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Doctson is going to have ONE monster game this season, good luck predicting which game. Should have been the Giants game

This guy can’t  separate for anything has other + areas but he is rated bottom 3 in the league I believe in separation and he doesn’t get the volume and when he does the throws are awful or flung up prayers to offset it as an Alshon Jefferey does. So I don’t really see any blow up games honestly. 

Edited by NyCro
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NyCro said:

This guy can’t  separate for anything has other + areas but he is rated bottom 3 in the league I believe in separation and he doesn’t get the volume and when he does the throws are awful or flung up prayers to offset it as an Alshon Jefferey does. So I don’t really see any blow up games honestly. 

 

 

he's a jump ball wr, that's where he makes his bread and butter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...