NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Doctson 2017 Season Outlook

Remember when everyone was hating on Alshon because he had a rough stretch due to the CB's he was matched up with?

Here was Doctson's slate the past 4 since he became the guy, Sherman, Rhodes, Lattimore, Jenkins.

Who exactly plays CB for the Cowboys? See where this is going..............

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, esoomer said:

Remember when everyone was hating on Alshon because he had a rough stretch due to the CB's he was matched up with?

Here was Doctson's slate the past 4 since he became the guy, Sherman, Rhodes, Lattimore, Jenkins.

Who exactly plays CB for the Cowboys? See where this is going..............

I think I smell what you'e cooking, lol. Great post !!!

I'm starting him over Baldwin this week, could end up burning me I just have a feeling this is the game. Kirk throwing the ball in a dome against a poor secondary is the main reason I think he's in line for a good game. They've been gradually taking more shots at Doctson, I've liked what I've seen in recent games.

9 minutes ago, Breesus said:

I'm starting him over Baldwin this week, could end up burning me I just have a feeling this is the game. Kirk throwing the ball in a dome against a poor secondary is the main reason I think he's in line for a good game. They've been gradually taking more shots at Doctson, I've liked what I've seen in recent games.

Actually, no: Doctson had 7 targets three weeks ago, 7 targets two weeks ago, and 4 targets last week.

But I agree he's a good start, and I'm flexing over Old Man DMurray. Benching Baldwin is a riskier decision but Doctson should reach double digits.

3 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

Actually, no: Doctson had 7 targets three weeks ago, 7 targets two weeks ago, and 4 targets last week.

But I agree he's a good start, and I'm flexing over Old Man DMurray. Benching Baldwin is a riskier decision but Doctson should reach double digits.

I should have said that different you are correct with targets. His snap count the last 3 games has been 69,60,71 which is the 3 highest of the season. With that, Kirk has also taken more shots with him it seems as in just chucking it up to him for a long gain for for a possible TD. My bad I should have been more specific. I've just watched their last 3 games so that's what I've noticed. Just food for thought for people debating on starting him

I doubled down on both Crowder and Doctson last week.   Very tempted to do it again.  As another poster just mentioned though, my one fear is that the Dallas offense doesn't play ball.  Would hate to see the Skins go up by 14 on a pick six and a toss to VD, then feed Perine the rest of the way.

12 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

If I had both I'd bench Doctson honestly. Crowder is a lot safer.

For sure, but the logic is that the pass offense has to go through these two guys, no ifs, ands or buts.  Cousins has averaged 23 completions a game.  If Dallas can keep up its end of the bargain and score points, the number could easily be higher.   I see both Crowder and Doctson having solid floors, with Doctson being the recipient of a handful of long targets and RZ looks.  The only other place Cousins can go is VD.  

Frankly, I see the risk of Cousins (and hence Crowder and Doctson) flopping as no greater than any of the other options at my disposal.  That makes the Crowder/Doctson parlay very palatable.

36 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

If I had both I'd bench Doctson honestly. Crowder is a lot safer.

Me too. Unfortunately i had to make a trade week 11 after tyrod got benched to acquire Cousins and now im with 4 redskins on my team, but no crowder...

last game i had to start all 4 guys (Cousins, Perine, Doctson and VD) and watched the game closely. Cousins was looking almost only to crowder. 

In the beginning of the game it looked like Doctson and Davis confused each other on a route and cousins looked furious after the play. after that, every ball went to crowder..

im starting doctson with confidence because dallas secondary its collegiate level, but last game was all about crowder