NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cameron Brate 2017 Season Outlook

9 hours ago, cutter311 said:

No TE has over 5 catches << PUSH

No TE has over 62 yds << WIN

No TE has more than 1 TD versus NE this season << LOSE

Brate (is on my team, BTW) makes all of those untrue after tonight. 

Man...He really coulda had a Gronk'esque game...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

easy peasey, amirite ladies and gents?

he has Winston's trust, is a preferred RZ option for a very dynamic offense (more so with Martin back), and no bye week worries.

for those of us who waited on TE, and are now "stuck" with Cameron The Brate?

ZK9vQtt.png

i see a 17 spot PPR, from a ww scoop

while Gronk sits, while Olsen mends, while Reed is perpetual, while Hunna Henny disappoints, while Eifert warms a bench, etc

ya got Kelce > Ertz > Clay ... on the field and producing - the Brate is as good as any behind them.

i see a 17 spot PPR.

g'day, folks.

54 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i see a 17 spot PPR, from a ww scoop

while Gronk sits, while Olsen mends, while Reed is perpetual, while Hunna Henny disappoints, while Eifert warms a bench, etc

ya got Kelce > Ertz > Clay ... on the field and producing - the Brate is as good as any behind them.

i see a 17 spot PPR.

g'day, folks.

The good thing isn't the 17spot, it's the fact that it came after two similar weeks. He's getting enough yardage week-on-week to justify his position alone, even without the TDs.

9 hours ago, JediMasters said:

I missed the first half.  He also lost yards due to penalties??

Yeah he had two that I remember. 

One was was a nice 20 yard catch and run that was brought back to due a dumb OJ penalty 15 yards downfield. 

3 minutes ago, Warno said:

Yeah he had two that I remember. 

One was was a nice 20 yard catch and run that was brought back to due a dumb OJ penalty 15 yards downfield. 

I'm pretty sure they actually credited him with a catch 16 yards on that play. It was a spot of the foul penalty, so he gets all of the yards up until the penalty occurred.

On 10/4/2017 at 10:14 AM, JediMasters said:

I get the snap count concern and sharing play time with Howard.  But...

Out of 99 total season snaps Brate has ran 65 routes - 66%

Out of 122 total season snaps Howard has ran 44 routes - 36%

2017 Red Zone target total:

Evans - 4

Brate - 3

Howard - 0

2016 Red Zone target total:

Evans - 19

Brate - 17

TB is running a ton of two TE sets in 2017.  Howard is being used primarily as a blocker.  Brate is being used primarily as a pass catching TE.  When TB is in the Red Zone the preferred targets are Evans followed by Brate.  It's been that way for over a year if you look at the metrics.  What this means is that Brate is a primary weapon along with Evans in the Bucs passing attack.  They setup specific plays to create mismatches for Brate against linebackers.  Note that Winston started his career with two tall receivers Evans and Vincent Jackson.  In the offseason they didn't acquire another tall receiver to replace VJax.  I believe they shifted the offensive concept to include Brate as the complimentary tall receiving weapon next to Evans.  So far this has worked.  Snap count usage will only cause panic if Howard is taking Red Zone targets and is being used more than Brate to run routes.

I wonder what these stats are after this game. I imagine Brate has to have passed Evans on red-zone targets.

I was wrong earlier in this thread when I gave the TD:Games Played ratio...as of TODAY it's 11:19...That's crazy. I know Gronk is waaay more involved in the passing game, but his TD:Games over his last 19 is 9:19 (of course Gronk has 1340 yds to Brates 865...so, there's still a large gap)

The TD Brate had, probably shouldn't have been thrown, but it was a heckuva catch. I was glad to see him bring it in after ham-handing that one that Winston dropped into his lap. 

Edited by cutter311
not enuff coffee

What's the outlook for this guy ROS?

Are we worried about Howard eating into his production/targets?

Is he really that bad at catching the football?

Picked him up in a no-TE/3 flex PPR league where he really should have been owned already.

45 minutes ago, Anteater99 said:

What's the outlook for this guy ROS?

Are we worried about Howard eating into his production/targets?

Is he really that bad at catching the football?

Picked him up in a no-TE/3 flex PPR league where he really should have been owned already.

He consistently produced last year, and will continue to do so this year. I recall a blurb from the beginning of the year that Howard would be the blocking TE and Brate the pass catching TE this season. Hands? Meh, whatever. He consistently produces, and that is all that matters. Brate was an easy late round grab with top 10 upside with everyone drinking the kool aid on Howard. I think I snagged him in the 13th round as my starter, and Howard went in the 9th or 10th ^_^

4 minutes ago, BeantownBashers said:

Would you rather own Brate over Rudolph ROS?

Oh boy, it is tough to walk away from Rudolph. I would try to trade the name with Rudolph if I could. Brate gives a pretty safe floor of around 10 points with the upside of a TD or two where Rudolph seems a bit more boom or bust. I do like Rudolph's match ups a bit more over the next few weeks, but I think I would still roll with Brate for the safer floor.

Cameron Brate has 10 TDs in his last 15 games.  I've posted this before but I'll post it again he is a hybrid WR/TE.  He runs the slot and the Y position (far right outside).  He is second in team red zone targets to Mike Evans for the last 1.5 years.  He is a fixture and one of their main weapons in the playbook.  My top 10 TEs:

1.  Gronk

2.  Kelce

3.  Ertz

4.  Engram

5.  Brate

6.  Walker

7.  Henry

8.  ASJ

9.  Graham

10.  Rudolph

Brate can rank higher because they are done with the bye.