NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Onta Foreman 2017 Season Outlook

8 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

i just read he had some legal troubles and has a court hearing in Nov ....

It says something that there was enough to file the charges in the first place but it sounds like the charges might be a little flimsy and that he intends to fight them.  I doubt it will be resolved before December and probably even further out, if the charges aren't dropped or pleaded way down.

He also passed a drug test back on 21-July, 5 days after his arrest, so that helps out his argument that it wasn't his.

Something to monitor for sure, but good chance this doesn't affect his short term value.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/27/donta-foremans-court-date-move-to-aug-30/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/21/report-donta-foreman-tests-negative-for-marijuana-according-to-attorney/

Edited by Gabbed
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Gabbed said:

It says something that there was enough to file the charges in the first place but it sounds like the charges might be a little flimsy and that he intends to fight them.  I doubt it will be resolved before December and probably even further out, if the charges aren't dropped or pleaded way down.

Something to monitor for sure, but good chance this doesn't affect his short term value.

cool thanks, sounds like it will be dropped but def something to keep an eye on

8 minutes ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

His legal troubles won't affect him this season. My only concern is his coach utilizing his talent. 

Head coach Bill O'Brien said Friday that Foreman can handle all three downs, Leslie M. Koerdt of the Houston Chronicle reports. "We use him in the passing game," O'Brien stated. "He's not just a runner. ... I see him as a three-down back."

Just now, herschel said:

Head coach Bill O'Brien said Friday that Foreman can handle all three downs, Leslie M. Koerdt of the Houston Chronicle reports. "We use him in the passing game," O'Brien stated. "He's not just a runner. ... I see him as a three-down back."

He needs more volume. I'm waiting for more snap counts. We have seen him play all 3 downs so I'm not questioning his skill set.

I saw that comment from the coach and picked him up.

I’ve been debating all week on weather do it.  I really wanted to see Buck play another week because of his high floor in PPR...

But decided I could no longer wait.  I’m not a Miller fan.  It seem like after he got his payday his effort declined.

I expect Foreman will win the job outright if his pass blocking improves.  In every other way he’s better than Miller...

I’m not starting Foreman but he’s a excellent stash.  He has an easier path to more carries, than the Saints rookie.

*Carson was my other stash.  He’s now my RB2.

You drafted Ben Tate this year as a cuff?

I suppose that makes sense if you drafted Miller as your RB1...

I’ve always considered Tate as a “backup” rather than a potential “starter”.  Even if Miller got injured, and Tate had to be “the guy” I never would have considered him more than a bye week fill-in.  In other words, he didn’t deserve a spot on your roster...maybe in non-PPR.

Foreman I also didn’t draft.  That spot was filled by D. Henry (who I still have as a stash).  But Foreman has true RB2 (possibility more) upside.  The coaches comment demonstrates a realization, that he might have the wrong guy as the starter.  It might also have served as to light a fire under Miller.  Either way Foreman became a ‘must own’.

Texans coaching needs to pull their head out of their a**.  I have him stashed and own Miller but Foreman is ready to bust out.  This offense needs a spark and he's the match.  Let the man eat.  They drafted him to take over for Miller next year but he's ready now.  

Watson looks like a kid with good character.  He’s already a ‘weapon’ with his feet.  I’d like to see him make some passes to Fuller from within  the pocket; after going through his progressions.

I agree the weapons are there.  

My biggest question mark is not the rookie QB, it’s the coach.  I’m not sure he’s a good choice to develop a young QB...

As much as I'd love Foreman to take control of this backfield, Miller used in combination with Foreman really optimizes their backfield. I expect Foreman to continue to be behind Miller in snaps and touches unless injury hits Miller. He's one of the higher upside handcuffs due to potential 3 down workhorse potential. Not startable except in deeper leagues. 

On 9/29/2017 at 4:54 PM, FlyingElvis said:

He’s closing in on Miller in terms of rushes. Doing more with less as well. Probably will be lead back by mid season. 

1-4, 12-40 ,8-25 compared to 17-65, 18-61 and 14-56.  Those are Foremans and Millers stats.  I own no part of Miller and have Foreman on two teams.  But lets not go crazy and act like he's been producing any different then Miller.  Both have been blow average so far.

I like Foreman, has the feel of a guy that's needing to be fed. But he only had 17 snaps last week and Miller has looked bad. I have to wait another week and see if he gets involved more. They should use him more to give Watson a dump option. I remember O'Brien talking up Brock last year too.