NBC Sports Edge Forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2017 Outlook

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, devaster said:

Honestly, if he gets suspended for this by the NFL the league office has an issue in being objective when it comes to penalizing players with fines/suspensions. And I don't own Juju in any league, nor am I a Steelers/Bengals fan (Eagles).

To apply what was going on in the game, in addition to talk after the play and post-game, to the decision is not being objective or impartial. The NFL needs to be more consistent with how they hand out fines/suspensions. Just like how dirty players don't get the benefit of doubt. That should never be the case. Either a play should be dirty or it should not be.

edit: Also AJG should have been suspended. They botched that one. And in some ways I feel like that weighed more heavily on the 2-game ban for Talib/Crabtree. That didn't feel like a 2-game ban to me. The NFL is constantly in catch-up mode when it comes to penalizing players. They botched Ray Rice and the Giants K domestic violence situations, and as a result come down harder on some players later on. They need to stop retroactively punishing players more heavily.

Nah, you're wrong.

It was an illegal block and a horrible look for the NFL. No brainer suspension. 

Just now, devaster said:

Maybe, but then what kind of precedent does that set? Since when has taunting ever led to a 1-game suspension? That is taunting taken out of context.

Should have been ejected then we wouldn’t have to worry about suspensions

3 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Do I want anyone out for a season? Nah I never wish that. But do I love big hits especially on known to be dirty hitting players, and on rivalry teams? Absolutely!  Its hard hitting football, I love it. I wish I was gettin paid millions for it. 

ok so when they play each other next year, dont get salty when William Jackson decides to crack Schuster in his face and pulls out the "karma" card

Just now, Jetdog16 said:

Nah, you're wrong.

It was an illegal block and a horrible look for the NFL. No brainer suspension. 

Blind-side blocks like that still happen all the time. It was during a play as well. Not extra-curricular. That is not a no brainer suspension. That is setting dangerous precedent.

Just now, Chippa said:

ok so when they play each other next year, dont get salty when William Jackson decides to crack Schuster in his face and pulls out the "karma" card

Bro if it happens it happens lol. They're big boys out there and know what they've signed up for. You don't think his head won't be on a swivel. Sure I hope he doesn't get lambasted but hey I can't help it, I'm watching players play a hard hitting game... Things happen 

Just now, devaster said:

I'm dumbfounded by that ruling. It may get overturned on appeal. But what is the NFL thinking?

Theyre trying to claw their way out of an ongoing PR nightmare, what did you expect?

*cuts to ad about how much we love our veterans*

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

Theyre trying to claw their way out of an ongoing PR nightmare, what did you expect?

That is my main issue with how the NFL goes about handing out fines/suspensions under Goodell. They always seem to retroactively apply them to cover their asses for botching previous rulings. That hit when not factoring in the rivalry, the headhunting in the game, and the post-game talk would never have warranted a suspension. Just the NFL coming down hard because the public needed a martyr.

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

isnt there a Mike Tomlin commercial about how he teaches his players the right way to tackle and make hits? Funny because I saw Shazier leading with his helmet like he always does, and Schuster planting his helmet into 55's jaw. Really jogs my noggin

9 hours ago, Shake said:

ILLEGAL “PEEL BACK” BLOCK. An offensive player cannot initiate contact on the side and below the waist against an opponent if: the blocker is moving toward his own end line; and he approaches the opponent from behind or from the side.

It's an illegal hit by the rule book, there's a reason they called the penalty. It's fair to question whether it should be but it doesn't change that it is. 

Look I'm not not over here feeling bad for Burfict necessarily or writing him a get well card, but I'm not celebrating it either or thinking it's justified due to his bad behavior. To be honest the taunt was the worst part because you know next year when these two teams play again it's gonna be on even more than before.

Btw I copied that rule from NFL.com, it was already in all caps so I'm not upset lol.

It wasn't a peel back block though. It may have looked like it at first but it wasn't. 

Just now, urban2014 said:

Too many Steelers fans here. That was an illegal hit, story over

Illegal hits don't = 1-game suspensions. They = penalties, fines, and possibly an ejection. What Gronk did was extra-curricular and much more egregious. Talib, Crabtree, and AJG were all extra-curricular.

Just now, Iron-Curtain said:

It wasn't a peel back block though. It may have looked like it at first but it wasn't. 

It was an illegal hit to the head with his own helmet. Wasn't even really blind-side, but Burfict wasn't paying attention.

Just now, Iron-Curtain said:

but it was. and your name is IRON CURTAIN. you're not fooling anyone. sort of like this guy  vvvv

2 minutes ago, FSJSteel said:

Laughable decision by the league, again. An appeal and a simple comparison to the Gronk play should get this reduced to zero.

FSJ STEEL

steelers fans are like roaches

I get that the league wants to send a message, but this is not the way to go about it properly. The refs really need to get a handle of their games and actually issue ejections.

NFL has no consistency in their rulings.

4 minutes ago, Chippa said:

but it was. and your name is IRON CURTAIN. you're not fooling anyone. sort of like this guy  vvvv

FSJ STEEL

steelers fans are like roaches

Steel Curtain is a Steelers reference, Iron Curtain means something else completely. 

Leave it to a Bengals fan to not know the difference. 

Edited by Iron-Curtain
3 minutes ago, Chippa said:

isnt there a Mike Tomlin commercial about how he teaches his players the right way to tackle and make hits? Funny because I saw Shazier leading with his helmet like he always does, and Schuster planting his helmet into 55's jaw. Really jogs my noggin

Mush Mouth Mike, aka Marble Mouth Mike, aka Teflon Tomlin - is a friggin' cliche spitting moron - the Stillers have been the league's most undisciplined (on and off the field) team during his tenure ... they also play down to their competition on the reg, and he is pi$$ poor at making adjustments.   a pee wee coach could outsmart this tool - most over rated coach in any sport. 

*cues Tomlin presser* "uhhhhh, we, uhhhhh, didn't uhhhhh execute properly and uhhhhhhh that is uhhhhnfortunate" ?

1 minute ago, devaster said:

I get that the league wants to send a message, but this is not the way to go about it properly. The refs really need to get a handle of their games and actually issue ejections.

NFL has no consistency in their rulings.

14 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Should have been ejected then we wouldn’t have to worry about suspensions

?

• tonycpsu changed the title to JuJu Smith-Schuster 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic