NBC Sports Edge Forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2017 Outlook

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burfict is the last person on this planet to hold back a grudge. The guy is a ticking time bomb. This kid just escalated that rivalry to the next level for next year and beyond. Forget about the fines / suspensions... It's already been multiple hospital visits. What the hell is the next level... He just pressed the death button.

Old school football fans may have a time of their lives and it's good for TV, but this has gotta stop.

5 minutes ago, devaster said:

It was an illegal hit to the head with his own helmet. Wasn't even really blind-side, but Burfict wasn't paying attention.

He goes in with his shoulder into his chest and helmets make contact afterwards. He had no intention of helmet to helmet contact. 

Burfict kept his head to the side and eyes on the ball, if he had looked straight ahead once he would have seen the block coming. 

Just now, affliction said:

I think the taunting sealed his fate not the actual hit.

But will the NFL be consistent and eject/suspend the next player to taunt? That is my issue with a ruling like this. They are adding on to more than the play itself and the hit. There are a bunch of illegal blocks like this that get penalized every week. There are taunts every week. There are still plenty of egregious helmet-to-helmet spearing hits going on. Is the NFL going to start treating them as ejections/suspensions? Because that is the precedent this ruling set. I doubt the NFL follows through unless it is a play in the media spotlight.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

But will the NFL be consistent and eject/suspend the next player to taunt? That is my issue with a ruling like this. They are adding on to more than the play itself and the hit. There are a bunch of illegal blocks like this that get penalized every week. There are taunts every week. There are still plenty of egregious helmet-to-helmet spearing hits going on. Is the NFL going to start treating them as ejections/suspensions? Because that is the precedent this ruling set. I doubt the NFL follows through unless it is a play in the media spotlight.

They wont be consistent. This rivalry has been ugly and they are trying to calm it down.

Just now, affliction said:

They wont be consistent. This rivalry has been ugly and they are trying to calm it down.

Are they?? Really, ask yourself that. Because now there are rookies cheap shotting vets, and players yelling karma. I dont think this rivalry is leaving anytime soon

Just now, Chippa said:

Are they?? Really, ask yourself that. Because now there are rookies cheap shotting vets, and players yelling karma. I dont think this rivalry is leaving anytime soon

The better way to handle it may be to suspend them from the next game between the two teams (next season). Or from both divisional games next season.

Just now, devaster said:

The better way to handle it may be to suspend them from the next game between the two teams (next season). Or from both divisional games next season.

That’s way too smart of an idea for the NFL to pull off. Filed with no TNF games unless coming out of a bye. Better luck next time

1 minute ago, devaster said:

I personally want the NFL to move cincy to the afc south, and move the colts or titans to the afc north. That's really the only way hold this nonsense off

Won't be bad for the owners that had Bryant due to Juju's earlier injury. Although it might not be worth it to start Bryant vs the Ravens pass D.

If you can hold onto Juju for another week, might be worth it for Pats and Texans week 15/16. But who knows how much they re-integrate Bryant back into the offense. Situation has definitely been muddled.

Edited by TheLegacy
1 minute ago, Chippa said:

I personally want the NFL to move cincy to the afc south, and move the colts or titans to the afc north. That's really the only way hold this nonsense off

The entire division plays dirty. The Browns just suck too much to get noticed in recent years. Baltimore plays both teams just as rough.

6 minutes ago, Chippa said:

The suspensions happened after the game, lets wait and see if it changes anything.

15 minutes ago, Iron-Curtain said:

He goes in with his shoulder into his chest and helmets make contact afterwards. He had no intention of helmet to helmet contact. 

Burfict kept his head to the side and eyes on the ball, if he had looked straight ahead once he would have seen the block coming. 

And that would have made it a legal hit? Not sure I understand your defense logic... if there is any

The point I'm tryin to always make is this.. We all can sit here and judge and point fingers but I'm bettin all of us here,, each and every one of us, if we played football we'd do things occasionally as well that would rile folks up. I know I would, I know I'd get caught up in the moment and lambaste some dude and then probably think damn I probably should have tried harder to hold back.. That can happen to anyone. 

That's why I just don't sit and judge. Because we have no clue what it's like having thousand upon thousands cheering or booing, no idea the type of adrenaline running thru us, we simply have no clue and I'm willing to bet that some guys just get caught up big time and forget you have to be a bit more mindful of hits you make. 

Now when it's a regular occurrence and it seems to follow certain players maybe that needs looked at but in general when things happen I try to just think how it' might be easy to just get caught up in the moment 

Edited by Savatage79
2 minutes ago, devaster said:

The entire division plays dirty. The Browns just suck too much to get noticed in recent years. Baltimore plays both teams just as rough.

that's true, but like I said before, you only hear about "dirty play" when cincy does it. 

11 minutes ago, Chippa said:

They could start by NOT scheduling Steelers Bengals games for primetime and then spend the entire day showing all the dirty plays over the years to hype it up.

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

any defenders of this? Mitchell is clearly still pulling at West's ankle after the play is dead. I just find it funny that Mitchell is talking about what's dirty and what's not

Just overkill on the play. I've seen guys after whistles blown carrying guys or still tryin to pick them up like they're gonna body slam them. 

There's a million of things that these guys do play after play that people can pinpoint and say wtf is he doing

Just now, FSJSteel said:

They could start by NOT scheduling Steelers Bengals games for primetime and then spend the entire day showing all the dirty plays over the years to hype it up.

exactly. the NFL loves this rivalry. that's why they always advertise it as the "meanest" rivalry in the game. "CANT MISS TV" 

• tonycpsu changed the title to JuJu Smith-Schuster 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic