NBC Sports Edge Forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2017 Outlook

Just now, designguy79 said:

Anyone else concerned about this week? Just one week off can mess with chemistry, right?

Big Ben didn't seem to miss JuJu much while throwing 500 yards. And maybe NE is going to be playing with lots of focus after the embarrassment at MIA last night.

Mixed feelings. I'm expecting NE to try and take Brown out of the game which couod leave JuJu with easier matchups. I'm guessing he resumes his #2 role and Bryant fades into obscurity again. 

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, designguy79 said:

Anyone else concerned about this week? Just one week off can mess with chemistry, right?

Big Ben didn't seem to miss JuJu much while throwing 500 yards. And maybe NE is going to be playing with lots of focus after the embarrassment at MIA last night.

No more or less concerned than previous weeks. He has one career 100 yd receiving game and he's a distant 3rd as far as focal points in the offense so yes there is risk but it has nothing to do with missing one week or some notion of "chemistry" being lost. I would say Juju has been and will continue to be a high upside flex. No more, no less.

2 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

No more or less concerned than previous weeks. He has one career 100 yd receiving game and he's a distant 3rd as far as focal points in the offense so yes there is risk but it has nothing to do with missing one week or some notion of "chemistry" being lost. I would say Juju has been and will continue to be a high upside flex. No more, no less.

Correct. The time to really worry about Kuju is the next time he plays against Burfict

Pats D looks beat. 

Rolling this over Burkhead 

He's had one monster game and some flashes but I'm a dog and I need upside. 

Hope he goes off after the rest for a week. 

Hoody isn't gonna let Brown go nuts, so I think JuJu picks up the loose change here. 

Laundry didn’t get a lot of yards but did get two tds, so yes, Juju should be getting some piece of the pie. I was hoping to have been able to,pick him up but my opponent blocked me from getting him (he has no reason to play him this week or next if he makes it to the finals).

8 hours ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Pats D looks beat. 

Hoody isn't gonna let Brown go nuts, so I think JuJu picks up the loose change here. 

I'm with ya. I love Juju this week. Sat out last week, kid's got his head on straight. He watched the game at home with his helmet on. Kid is jacked. He'll come out blazin' vs NE. Watch.

My guess is pats have a game plan where they give up short yardage and look for Roethlesberger to make a mistake. I think we will see Pittsburgh take ball first and try to score first. So my guess both ways yu will see the slot and pass catching backs and tes  flourish. But I am not going to start him due to hammy concern and I have better number one option. But I hope Juju does well, just not too well so my pats lose. ?

This is just too risky for my blood with the stakes as high as they are. 

Sitting this for Westrbook and Kupp. 

JuJu prolly has the highest ceiling of the three, but they could just pound it to Bell and Brown. 

Outside of one monster game from JuJu, he hasn't totaled more than 47 yards receiving since. 

Staying on the hot hands instead of this dice roll, regardless of the Pats Steelers game having a high total. 

I have to roll the dice with Juju(late game) or go ahead and bench and play Olsen or Doctson,only choices I have and cannot justify spending a $50 ww add on a dart throw.Like others have said the $takes are very high.

On Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Sean Tambo said:

Precautionary....From what reporters saying "Hes looks fine"

I guess that media report was watching him before they went to closed practices where he may of tweek it then.

"True game time decision" Yep hes out

On 12/13/2017 at 2:30 AM, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Pats D looks beat. 

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/start/juju-smith-schuster-rex-burkhead.php Same Situation, I just can’t pull the trigger.

Way too risky. Feels like his floor is 1 point but I'll admit his ceiling is pretty high.

He could tweak his hamstring on the second play of the game and be forced out. I'm not gonna roll those dice in the semi finals. If he was fully healthy I'd have him in my lineup because I think this is a great matchup and game flow should help him. Just too much of a risk to put my season on the line with him.

• tonycpsu changed the title to JuJu Smith-Schuster 2017 Outlook