NBC Sports EDGE Forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2017 Outlook

18 minutes ago, dafreaks said:

Yes

2 minutes ago, Brady5 said:

Must start? Wow, the hype here is way out of control.  Bye week start.  Sure.

Well i dnt see much difference as it is not like bryant was taking lot of his shares or targets , but he will still split target with other WRs. He is good for bye week fill in though.Offense runs through Brown and Bell.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Patsgofor6 said:

Steelers fantasy must starts ROS:

Bell, Brown

End of list

^ This 

Why is JuJu all of a sudden expected to deliver in this offense when MB couldn't?  Conversely if they do find a way to utilize JuJu effectively, it all but proves MB's point that Steeler's weren't doing much to have him involved (in my opinion)

What are you going on about? Juju was already getting more snaps, more targets, more catches, and more TDs than MB before he torched his 2017 season and got benched. I don’t expect anyone outside of Brown and Bell to be reliable contributors in this offense, but any potential Juju has is already leaps and bounds ahead of MB.

All aboard.

I was done with the Bryant drama and saw enough of those shenanigans this season. JuJu was a high priority add for me this week, while dropping Martavis Bryant.

Every time that I’ve tuned into a Steelers game this season, JuJu is doing all the little things right: blocking downfield, running crisp routes, and hustling. Even getting red zone looks, and Roethlisberger seems to really like him.

I like him a lot for ROS. 

26 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

Does Darius Slay cover Brown or is Slay a "cover one side of the field regardless of which receiver is there" type of corner?

And how are Detroit's CB 2/3s?

Does it matter? Antonio Brown is the most matchup proof receiver in the league, and is by and far PFF's #1 WR this year. When you put up 160 on the Jags, who cares?

JuJu will get high quality targets in this offense. Like a Nelson Agholor. Looks like the TE is being phased out in PITT. There's still opportunity here as Ben is still capable of putting up 25-30 TD's.

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

Does it matter? Antonio Brown is the most matchup proof receiver in the league, and is by and far PFF's #1 WR this year. When you put up 160 on the Jags, who cares?

JuJu will get high quality targets in this offense. Like a Nelson Agholor. Looks like the TE is being phased out in PITT. There's still opportunity here as Ben is still capable of putting up 25-30 TD's.

Fair enough

Not to AC but is he someone you'd drop Cobb for in standard scoring?

38 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I think that the Nelson Agholor comparison is pretty good one, both in terms of opportunity and skill set. Funny, that both of them are USC alumni as well.

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve cursed at the TV this year when watching Pittsburgh games, lamenting the usage of Bryant, meanwhile JuJu Smith-Schuster was all business and just balling out.

It will be nice to be on the opposite side.

3 hours ago, leboomtings said:

^ This 

Why is JuJu all of a sudden expected to deliver in this offense when MB couldn't?  Conversely if they do find a way to utilize JuJu effectively, it all but proves MB's point that Steeler's weren't doing much to have him involved (in my opinion)

You know, instead of wanting to ride on the "This" train, like a lot of uninformed do, you could just actually pay attention to what the Steelers have been doing all season. That is involving this young man, moreso than we thought they would. 5-8 targets per game? I will take that as a WR3 in my 12 teamer. JuJu has shown he can deliver with less.

3 hours ago, leboomtings said:

^ This 

Simple, it’s because MB sucks.

3 hours ago, omnom1337 said:

Does Darius Slay cover Brown or is Slay a "cover one side of the field regardless of which receiver is there" type of corner?

And how are Detroit's CB 2/3s?

I don’t think it matters. Saints just torched them so their defense is now reeling.....slay and a buddy won’t stop Brown and Bell. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to JuJu Smith-Schuster 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic