NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chis Taylor 2017 Outlook

Didn't see a thread.  Is this guy a thing?

New Player Note Wed, May 17

Chris Taylor went 2-for-3 with a solo home run in Tuesday's loss to the Giants.

Advice: Taylor knotted up the score at 1-1 with his solo home run off Ty Blach in the sixth inning. The dinger was his fourth of the season and gave him 14 RBI. He is working to a crisp .329/.444/.557 triple-slash in 71 at-bats since being called up on April 19.

(Rotoworld.com)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/17/2017 at 7:16 AM, BleedRedsRed said:

Where does he go once Forsythe is back? I am enjoying the production for now but don't expect it for long. He'll most likely be droppable once he is just filling in every third day.

Maybe Turner going on the shelf keeps the train rolling? 

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

Maybe Turner going on the shelf keeps the train rolling? 

I'll answer my own question - this was just posted:

Dodgers' skipper Dave Roberts said Friday that Logan Forsythe will play at third base when he returns from the disabled list on Tuesday.

With Justin Turner on the shelf for a few weeks, they'll roll with Forsythe at third and continue to platoon Chris Taylor and Chase Utley at second base. Forsythe has played in just 14 games for the Dodgers this season, slashing .295/.407/.341 with no homers and three RBI.

May 19 - 7:27 PM

It's the year of the ex Mariner like usual.  Jack Z exposed these guys to worst coaching and development Major League Baseball has ever seen.  Easily the worst GM in the history of Major League Baseball in every regard.  From lying on jos resume to being a total a-hole the guy didn't know a hockey stick from a baseball bat.  With that said isn't pretty evident with Brad Miller last year, Smoak, Taylor, Morrison this year.  That once these guys get into good organization they start doing well.  Taylor always had talent, just never had the foundation to succeed with Jack Zdruencik and crew.

Edited by Cmilne23

This guy is raking right now, only thing that concerns me is when Dodgers finally get everone healthy where does he fit in, probably just utility guy maybe 3 starts a week, but in short term he's worth a look if you have under achievers like I do.

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said Chris Taylor could soon see starts in the outfield.

Logan Forsythe (toe) just returned from the disabled list, crowding the situations at second and third base. Roberts wants to continue finding regular starts for Taylor, who's slashing .333/.446/.583 with five home runs and 16 RBI in 29 games.
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, chud12 said:

Love this guys multi position eligability. The only question I have is what does his pt look like when Turner and Forsyite are back ?? 

considering hes better than Joc, I think he plays CF, and fills in at SS,3B, 2B when necessary

18 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

considering hes better than Joc, I think he plays CF, and fills in at SS,3B, 2B when necessary

hard to declare him better than joc after 2 months of 1 season when Joc has already provided 2 valuable seasons

21 minutes ago, rlaalsrb said:

hard to declare him better than joc after 2 months of 1 season when Joc has already provided 2 valuable seasons

yes but what I am saying is that right now, hes starting over Joc, thats an easy call.  If Joc comes back and produces, then Taylor might slide into a Marwin role, replacing Puig, Turner, Forsythe, subbing in LF for Bellinger who can sub for Gonzo at 1B, he will get plenty of AB's if he keeps hitting

Does anyone think his production is sustainable? Has anyone watched his at bats? His statline looks pretty good. He's batting .328, 26 runs, 7 HR, 23 RBI and plays 2nd, 3rd, OF.

Edited by Pablo989
Typo

Steamer, the conservativist of them all, has him with only 3 HRs, 20 runs, 19 rbi's and 5 sb for the rest of the season which would finish him with 10 HR, 46 R, 42 RBI's, and 8 SB on the season.  Obviously, I am not a fan of Steamer, but Zips has him with 5 more HRs, 40 more runs, 31 rbis, and 8 SB for the rest of the season which puts him at 12 HR 66 R 54 RBI and 11 SB on the season.