NBC Sports Edge Forums

Call Up Watch Thread

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since it's getting *closer* to call up time I thought it might be a good idea for a general "call up watch thread" to give owners in deep/keeper/dynasty leagues a leg up to grab guys asap.  

Thanks for the very surface level analysis. Like a low level prospect has never turned into a stud or very productive everyday player. Keep living by your generic prospect rankings. 

Literally you contributed nothing except for tearing down a guy who was actually contributing to thread  in my view an interesting catching prospect. Look you can look at his prospect ranking and be d

9 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

Everyone needs to choose their words better, Fedde is hardly a "top pitching prospect". Absolutely nothing to see here.

Heyman means he's the Nationals top pitching prospect, which is true. 

Also, plenty to see here for deeper leagues.

Edited by Rabbit Maranville
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Rabbit Maranville said:

I'm not sure how his 4 starts went, but as a whole his numbers in AAA are awful.  Unless he somehow surprises, I'll be ignoring as well.

7 minutes ago, Rabbit Maranville said:

Yeah well, you can have his 5.57 ERA and 1.38 WhIP.

Like I said "Absolutely nothing to see here" no matter what size league your in.

1 minute ago, Shortnphat said:

Yeah well, you can have his 5.57 ERA and 1.38 WhIP.

Like I said "Absolutely nothing to see here" no matter what size league your in.

I don't evaluate pitchers based on ERA over 21 innings. Nor do I think I'll be able to convince you not to.

Edited by Rabbit Maranville
  • Like 6
52 minutes ago, Rabbit Maranville said:

I don't evaluate pitchers based on ERA over 21 innings. Nor do I think I'll be able to convince you not to.

The Nats throwing him into the bull-pen for the 1st half of the year didn't do him any favors either. 

• Like 1

I hope Albies. Blurb makes it think Carmago will play ss full time?

Seems like a chance for Albies but I could also see the Braves just waiting until next year for Acuna and Albies 

Edited by brockpapersizer
20 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

How does Ludlow affect Meadows?

Probably not a whole lot, but Meadows is still rehabbing and really wasn't ready for a call-up offensively anyways.

I doubt they would have brought him up anyways just to be a fill-in since Luplow was having a good season, plus for some odd reason Hurdle is platooning Luplow with Frazier in RF even though their IF's have proven time and time again that they can't play the OF as good as an actual OF.  There was a flyball last night that Luplow would have caught that Frazier didn't get to.

7 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Probably not a whole lot, but Meadows is still rehabbing and really wasn't ready for a call-up offensively anyways.

I doubt they would have brought him up anyways just to be a fill-in since Luplow was having a good season, plus for some odd reason Hurdle is platooning Luplow with Frazier in RF even though their IF's have proven time and time again that they can't play the OF as good as an actual OF.  There was a flyball last night that Luplow would have caught that Frazier didn't get to.

So is Meadows offer the radar for 2017 entirely? Unless Polonco stays on DL?

3 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

So is Meadows offer the radar for 2017 entirely? Unless Polonco stays on DL?

I suppose he could come up in September if he gets back on/stays on the field in AAA, but I doubt he would play much if all 3 of their OFs are healthy.  I'd be surprised if Cutch wasn't traded in the offseason, but they're not going to sit any of the three for more than a game here and there when they are healthy.

I would say any chance of any real meaningful contribution from Meadows would be next year if they trade Cutch and Meadows actually hits in Spring Training.  Even then they may wait for the Super 2 crap, but still.

Edited by KilloWertz
1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

I suppose he could come up in September if he gets back on/stays on the field in AAA, but I doubt he would play much if all 3 of their OFs are healthy.  I'd be surprised if Cutch wasn't traded in the offseason, but they're not going to sit any of the three for more than a game here and there when they are healthy.

I would say any chance of any real meaningful contribution from Meadows would be next year if they trade Cutch and Meadows actually hits in Spring Training.  Even then they may wait for the Super 2 crap, but still.

Yeah, Meadows is definitely a hold for 2018. Unless Marte or McCutchen get hurt while Polanco is on the DL, Meadows won't be up. Even in September, if he's still scuffling, I doubt he comes up. I also think a big part of why he had a rough go at AAA this year is pressure. 

• JFS179 locked this topic