NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Derek Carr 2017 Outlook

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

I am considering starting Kizer over Carr this week in my 2 qb league.  I think we would all be happy if Carr put up 20 points this game when you consider how bad he has been against Denver. So his ceiling is low and his floor is low. Kizer at least has a high ceiling because he runs a lot. 

Bad move bro. Even with the bad matchup vs. DEN, Carr is hands down the play over Kizer. Don't get cute. DEN can be thrown on and this is a divisional showdown. I expect a lot of scoring in this one.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Bad move bro. Even with the bad matchup vs. DEN, Carr is hands down the play over Kizer. Don't get cute. DEN can be thrown on and this is a divisional showdown. I expect a lot of scoring in this one.

Maybe but your forgetting how bad this team looked last week against an average defense so that memory terrifies  me. 

Just now, chud12 said:

Maybe but your forgetting how bad this team looked last week against an average defense so that memory terrifies  me. 

Agree but no way OAK plays that horribly again. They had a bad game last week, it happens. This team is too talented to throw up 2 duds on consecutive weeks.

3 hours ago, jtbgator said:

Reasonable take, but Carr missed last season's tilt in Denver, and he was very bad there in 2014 and 2015.  I agree that this is a new team and a new day, but it would be nice if we had some history on our side.    

10 hours ago, remark900 said:

Not trying to sound too conspiracy or anything but have any of you guys heard anything about this? Seems odd...

I watched the first half and I had trouble believing what I was seeing. I didn't connect the dots at the time.  I just thought it was a bizarre spectacle that the elite Raiders OL got destroyed by a mediocre defensive front.  They didn't get beaten.  They got obliterated.  In hindsight, it's pretty obvious this game was thrown.  Dead silence from the media.

Edited by Nap Time

On 9/21/2017 at 8:13 AM, The Gridiron Assassin said:

He doesn't turn it over. 

He's been watching tape since he was 12 years old. 

He's back to avenge his brother's career. 

He rarely gets sacked. 

This has all the makings of a TOP 3 performance this year. 

So what's different about these things than any of his previous years?  You know, where he hasn't finished close to the top 3?

51 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

I watched the first half and I had trouble believing what I was seeing. I didn't connect the dots at the time.  I just thought it was a bizarre spectacle that the elite Raiders OL got destroyed by a mediocre defensive front.  They didn't get beaten.  They got obliterated.  In hindsight, it's pretty obvious this game was thrown.  Dead silence from the media.

I'd be interested to watch the replay with this in mind. I couldn't understand it either. I listen to Armstrong and Getty on the way to work every morning, their show is awesome. 

Why would the OL throw the game?! I could believe they did indeed do it, but if you're a super bowl contender, in a division with KC and DEN, why?! Every Win counts. Del Rio didn't see what was going on? These morons on the OL could be the reason why the Raiders miss a wild card spot ... Heads should roll if the conspiracy theories are true. 

And what does this mean for the offense and the team going forward? Are they going to sabotage Carr every chance they get now? Tension in the locker room? This could easily dismantle them

11 hours ago, jtbgator said:

Doesn't it depend on the scoring system? Kizer's rushing yards give him a pretty nice floor, and the reality is that he outscored Carr by quite a lot in Week 3. Matchups do matter in the NFL.

For Week 4, Kizer plays at home vs the Bengals, while Carr plays at Denver.

How shocking would it be if Kizer scored more points than Carr given Kizer's rushing yards and the reality that Carr will likely be without Crabtree?

Traded Carr in a package for Mike Evans in my 2qb, ppr league and I kind of regret it now. I truley think he takes it to another level this year.  

But yea I contemplated starting Kizer over him as the matchup is as bad as it can get. 

Edited by chud12

FYI there are local sports stations reporting the David Carr was intentionally sacked because he stood for the national anthem. Against Washington, he was sacked four times. Two in a row and they also snapped the ball early twice. I didn't watch the game and I'm not from Oakland so I have no idea if it's true but this story might have legs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6KzzCCBPYE

On 9/30/2017 at 12:32 AM, mdbomb said:

It was a bad game, nothing more.  Carr has a great relationship with his OL.  He took less money in his mega deal specifically so the Raiders could sign Gabe Jackson to a long term deal.  Move on.  

you seem 100 %. That was in the off season prior to his deal. Politics can draw a line between good relationships. I dont think you have confirmed anything beyond the off season. This is actually interesting, hope it isnt true.

Coach Jack Del Rio said Derek Carr has a transverse process fracture in his back and will be out 2-6 weeks.

He'll at least miss the Week 5 date with the Ravens and very likely the Weeks 6 and 7 tilts with the Chargers and Chiefs, with the Chiefs game being on a Thursday night. All three games will be in Oakland, and it will be E.J. Manuel under center for however long Carr is out. A transverse process fracture is the same injury Tony Romo suffered that opened the door for Dak Prescott. With Carr out, we have no choice but to severely downgrade the Raiders' skill players.

Edited by chud12

48 minutes ago, konstao said:

Just lost carson, cook and carr same time..  

do u guys think hes a drop? Its the same injury Romo had , isnt it ? 

Im 0-4 so probably dropping for

watson or wentz

I dropped him last week, he is only good at home in good matchups anyways. Not consistent enough IMO to be a QB1

• tonycpsu changed the title to Derek Carr 2017 Outlook