NBC Sports Edge Forums

Forum standings.

codyodea

How does a forum member advance through the assigned rankings such as superstar or all-star?   Is it tied in with your posts?  Can a higher ranking member teach me up, please?   I've come a long way from just making dong jokes (not really) and I'm hungry to advance in the ranking system.

48 minutes ago, codyodea said:

How does a forum member advance through the assigned rankings such as superstar or all-star?   Is it tied in with your posts?  Can a higher ranking member teach me up, please?   I've come a long way from just making dong jokes (not really) and I'm hungry to advance in the ranking system.

It isn't standings as you called it.  It is just a number counter for traffic on a site.  Having a lot of posts means nothing. 

The person with THE most posts here ever is also the worst poster by far in this baseball forum.  One Rush2112 (way to ruin an album for me, dude).  He posts exclusively over in the Bench Coach Forum.  He swoops in every night late and posts horrible advice one liners to people basically telling them to drop every single pitcher they own because, as anyone who has ever been on that forum knows full well, he hates all pitchers.  He'd tell you to drop Kershaw for a under .200 utility guy. 

So don't get caught up in posting numbers.  It doesn't matter.  Those of us that have a lot of posts here have been around for years and/or don't have a life, heh.  No one cares here about the number of posts.  We just care about what you say.  Quality over quantity.

I think that's a little harsh to Rush2112. Bench coach forum is suppose to be 1 line opinions. Just because you disagree with it doesn't mean he's in the wrong. He's expressing his opinion which the original posters are asking for.

I agree with the quality over quantity - to an extent. There's only so much you can say at a certain point. The posts that i appreciate the most are the ones that point something out that i would've otherwised missed. Fascinating stats from the telecasts, interesting splits, interesting interviews, etc. Then the posts that get a chuckle are always well liked. Don't take it too seriously - suppose to be fun. I think what Bat is getting at is: don't spam just to get your count up.

On 5/26/2017 at 0:22 AM, Bravesfan155 said:

I think that's a little harsh to Rush2112. Bench coach forum is suppose to be 1 line opinions. Just because you disagree with it doesn't mean he's in the wrong. He's expressing his opinion which the original posters are asking for.

I agree with the quality over quantity - to an extent. There's only so much you can say at a certain point. The posts that i appreciate the most are the ones that point something out that i would've otherwised missed. Fascinating stats from the telecasts, interesting splits, interesting interviews, etc. Then the posts that get a chuckle are always well liked. Don't take it too seriously - suppose to be fun. I think what Bat is getting at is: don't spam just to get your count up.

Seriously have you read his stuff?  It is a well-known fact he spams anti-pitching stuff in almost every single post every single night telling people 100% of the time without any exception ever to drop top quality pitching for iffy bats night after night; year after year.  Ask anyone that has been posting here for some time about him.  He has been doing it forever here.  And new people coming to the forum to ask a question are often taken in by him.  God knows how many of these newbie earnest guys have been screwed over by him since they see the number of posts he has made and think he is some great expert.  Sure regulars here know to laugh at his stuff but new people can get taken in and it isn't fair to them.

And Bench Coach forum should be for well-reasoned opinions with the reasons for same give.  Not one liners anyway.

Archived