Demaryius Thomas 2017 Outlook

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Thinkingcap said:

are we really not going to act as if the groin injury did not happen or is no one concerned that it will impact DThomas comes week1?? given his injury history, it does concern me a bit...

What injury history?! 

The Broncos already said it was precautionary and he's fine. As of right now, there's no concern he'll miss week 1.  

5 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

This data is inaccurate.  He had at least three top-12 weeks last season alone.  I didn't check 2015.

Edit: He had at least three top-12 weeks in 2015 as well.  

What was your source for this "statistic"?

My source was a podcast...either was fantasypros or the lateround pod. 

Looking over the numbers myself, they must have been referring to standard leagues -- DT had 2 weeks in PPR where he was WR #11 (wks 3, 10) and one where he was top-10 (wk 14) in 2016. 

Edited by joshua18
5 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

What injury history?! 

The Broncos already said it was precautionary and he's fine. As of right now, there's no concern he'll miss week 1.  

It was well known that he was playing with a hip injury last year, which prob reduced his efficiency. I am not worried that he will miss time, I am worried that it will impact his performance.  I know groin injury can linger like JMaclin last year, and i didn't watch the game so I wanted to know the severity.

10 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

My source was a podcast...either was fantasypros or the lateround pod. 

Looking over the numbers myself, they must have been referring to standard leagues -- DT had 2 weeks in PPR where he was WR #11 (wks 3, 10) and one where he was top-10 (wk 14) in 2016. 

In 2015, his highest weekly PPR finish was WR #12 (wks 3, 15) and #10 (wks 6,8). 

My apologies for quoting a star without verifying its context. 

On 8/26/2017 at 10:14 PM, scheibler said:

I'm just not feeling it I guess. Dont want to rely on mostly bubble screens from my wr1/2. He's always banged up with small injuries..like tonight he left the gaje with a groin injury. I'd rather take sanders two-three rounds later or a guy like keenan or hopkins

You're worried  about injuries, so you'd rather take Kennan Allen... ?

49 minutes ago, smeeze said:

When has Keenan Allen even come close to DT's production?  Serious question.

I'd sry look at their pace ppr last yr before fluke injury. I'm willing to bet real money keenan puts up better stats this year

Edited by scheibler
6 minutes ago, scheibler said:

I'd sry look at their pace ppr last yr before fluke injury. I'm willing to bet real money keenan puts up better stats this year

Keenan Allen played in 1 game last year and had 6 catches.

Keenan Allen has never come close to producing at the levels that DT has.  Could he outscore him this year?  Maybe, but I'm not betting on the guy that can't stay on the field.

2016:  DT - WR18; KA - WR171

2015:  DT - WR13; KA - WR47

2014:  DT - WR4; KA - WR46

2013:  DT - WR2; KA - WR17

2012:  DT - WR5; KA - N/A

On 8/28/2017 at 9:24 AM, scheibler said:

But in all seriousness. How do you guys think JC effects DT? I imagine they're gonna use charles in alot of screens like DT

tbh if JC is even 80% of what he used to be, this will open up the passing game for both DT and Sanders. 

JC has also never played with 2 stud WRs before, so its going to be very interesting to say the least how this plays out. I feel Denver has a very under rated offense this year. 

I took him as my WR1 in middle 3rd round. Pick 31?

He is so reliable in PPR. Went McCoy and Zeke with first 2 picks.

Had DT last year and no complaints. I think he does better than 2016.

I like DT just for the safe floor. I got my upside receivers with bryant and parker later. They can flex and hit the HR's while DT knocks in singles with dat dere 400 batting average every week with an occasional homer (td).

On 8/28/2017 at 7:24 AM, scheibler said:

But in all seriousness. How do you guys think JC effects DT? I imagine they're gonna use charles in alot of screens like DT

DT doesn't play out of the backfield so I don't see how that effects him at all. he was critically underused in the screen game the past couple seasons anyway, hopefully McCoy recognizes this and gives DT at least a couple a game

Edited by lolcopter
3 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

Last year his TDs were way down. Still had over 1,000 yards, but only scored 5 times. Touchdowns are hard to predict (see Julio). If he gets back to double digit touchdowns like he has in 3 of his last 5 seasons, he'll be a huge steal in the draft. 

Nice playoff schedule as well.

Week 14 - @ Miami

Week 15 - Home vs. Jets 

Week 16 - @ Colts 

I'm with Schiebler - never let facts get in the way of betting real $!! 

As for DT, I almost felt like he was a slightly better value at ADP last season then what I've seen in my first two drafts this summer. 

Last year I felt like he was going early to mid 4th. Seems he doesn't make it past the turn in 3rd. Then again could be owner preference 

16 hours ago, malta69 said:

I'm with Schiebler - never let facts get in the way of betting real $!! 

As for DT, I almost felt like he was a slightly better value at ADP last season then what I've seen in my first two drafts this summer. 

Last year I felt like he was going early to mid 4th. Seems he doesn't make it past the turn in 3rd. Then again could be owner preference 

Hes moving up bc of guys like hilton going lower and zeek going higher. I like him, but if keenan is still there I'd take him in ppr. 

4 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

I know it's only preseason and it was only one play, but I was watching the Broncos game and saw Simien make a beautiful back shoulder throw down the field for a touchdown. Does anybody else think Simien takes a step forward this year and DT has a nice year because of it?

Eh, every qb can make those types of throws but it's a question of how how consistently and accurately they do in real time. I think he makes a slight improvement but I don't think it will be anything huge. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Demaryius Thomas 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic