NBC Sports Edge Forums

Demaryius Thomas 2017 Outlook

Trevor Isn't elite enuff to feed a guy like DT... hopefully they work it out over the bye week but man for how low his floor can be , the ceiling is like what 16points? I really thought simean would rely heavily on DT this season but his game is suspect, a better QB would send DT back to superstardom 

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Extremely disappointed in Mike McCoy’s playing calling. Dunno if he’s had a single screen play yet this season, and that used to be his bread and butter. As someone else commented, it appears he’s being misused on the team. Seems like a huge waste of money from a homer’s perspective 

Edited by lolcopter
2 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Extremely disappointed in Mike McCoy’s playing calling. Dunno if he’s had a single screen play yet this season, and that used to be his bread and butter. As someone else commented, it appears he’s being misused on the team. Seems like a huge waste of money from a homer’s perspective 

Will see after the bye weeks. He still hasn't lost that physicality fosho.... but like you said... The passes and plays were not to his strengths... for some reason

It's unfortunate Siemien is his QB. The offense was sitting around on the lead and trying not to have Siemien turn it over like the week prior. DT did get two looks in the endzone though. One was a ball that tipped up like a million feet in the air and Sanders randomly got it for like a loss of 10 or so lol. The other DT just couldn't get it. If he got that td it would've salvaged his day. I feel like he's entitled a free pass for this 1 catch stinker. His floor is usually fairly high even without tds, so I expect better things to come after the bye. 

I'm guessing most of the hand wringing is due to lack of TDs and one bad game on here. At the very least, I expect Demaryius to be a measure of consistency this year. Is he really underperforming compared to expectations?

This isn't on the same level as Amari Cooper. 

Edited by Agmaniacmike

He had 67, 71, 98 yards and a bad fluke week of 11 and respectively 8-8-9-5 targets. Add a TD here and there and he's awesome again in Fantasy world. I don't see why you are panicking, or what you expected when picking him. It's pretty dumb to expect 20 points of DT every other week.

2 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

Anybody benching him? I might for Kearse or some other scrub. They'll be playing on primetime vs the Giants' practice squad and could be without Eli. They could just run the clock out lol

I am this week and hoping it backfires. After Sunday he gets the Chargers, Chiefs, Eagles and Patriots so brighter days are ahead

4 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

Anybody benching him? I might for Kearse or some other scrub. They'll be playing on primetime vs the Giants' practice squad and could be without Eli. They could just run the clock out lol

I wouldn't, but it isn't a crazy idea because DT could very well underperform for the reasons you mentioned. I do think he'll get a few looks before the game is out of hand, plus they will still throw on 3rd and long; they should also dominate time of possession and have a couple of drives that get to the RZ, so there should still be some opportunity until the 4th quarter.

4 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Backfire as in hopefully he blows up on my bench

Fuller in standard purely for TD potential

Fuller over DT in standard is quite reasonable (not Kearse) - he's been hot, Watson is en fuego, and they're playing the Browns this week.

Benching for a flex TE - this is a brutal matchup/situation. I'm still not sure what his role is on this team. Fowler and Sanders appear to fit their scheme better so I wish them good luck with that. They won't need to pass anyway to handily win this game. Their defense alone may outscore the Giants offense.

46 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Benching for a flex TE - this is a brutal matchup/situation. I'm still not sure what his role is on this team. Fowler and Sanders appear to fit their scheme better so I wish them good luck with that. They won't need to pass anyway to handily win this game. Their defense alone may outscore the Giants offense.

Bad move.

On 10/11/2017 at 1:46 PM, Woonga24 said:

Benching him for juju.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Demaryius Thomas 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic