• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Tugginroot said:

What's your suggestion?

Find a semi-gullible team manager in your league, perhaps a Bronco homer, and use Demaryius as a throw-in on a trade involving some actual impact players on both sides.

Best I got.

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

What sort of "dominant" receiver goes 10 straight games without scoring a touchdown?

Had Julio not got a TD in the final game of the season last year his drought would be pretty epic too. 

DT is an above average receiver with volume - nothing more.  However, he is an exceptional screen pass/YAC guy who's QB can just not throw a damn screen pass.  If Siemian figures out the screen, DT becomes a weekly low end WR1.  If Siemian can't figure it out, DT is a WR2-.

1 hour ago, the holy one said:

They should have tons of possession this game with NYG not able to produce anything without all those receivers and Eli playing like he does. It's attractive, even that NYG has a great d. The rungame is the bigger beneficiary tho.

I think this game benefits CJA the most.

Good game despite being covered by Jenkins most of the game. He's been pretty solid in half ppr in all but one game, and that's without scoring any touchdowns. He's going to be a huge target hog going forward too with Sanders out - just have to hope his body can hold up.

Edited by Vendetta
2 minutes ago, rag9876 said:

Beast tonight. DT gonna be ok? Saw he left the game for a bit with an injury and came back in. He's a warrior

He was noticeably limping after he came back in. My guess is he was held out toward the end because the game was out of reach by then. He should hopefully be OK for next week, but he's unfortunately probably going to be shadowed by Casey Heward.

11 hours ago, skye2388 said:

I'm selling Demaryius and Fuller for McCoy and Pryor...

Hope I don't regret it.

You win this. Fuller's TD rates are unsustainable, DT will be getting doubled now. McCoy has been top 10RB and hasn't even scored yet. It's only up from here for him.

27 minutes ago, Motown_Magic said:

You win this. Fuller's TD rates are unsustainable, DT will be getting doubled now. McCoy has been top 10RB and hasn't even scored yet. It's only up from here for him.

I think so too.  Only issue would be that it leaves me with Hopkins, Diggs (injury risk),  Pryor and Corey Davis as my WR's.

I would need to find a decent bench WR on the wire and if Diggs plummets I'm in a bad spot...?

12 hours ago, Vendetta said:

He was noticeably limping after he came back in. My guess is he was held out toward the end because the game was out of reach by then. He should hopefully be OK for next week, but he's unfortunately probably going to be shadowed by Casey Heward.

He tore up Janoris Jenkins. Matchups aren't a concern for him, it's whether or not the Broncos decide to utilize their best weapon. 

10 minutes ago, skye2388 said:

I think he made a few plays in bracket coverage too...

He did - great contested grabs and very good throws by Siemian. He even got an end-zone target or two, which should continue to be the case going forward with Sanders out.

He was a popular "sit" pick by the experts this past week (as was Peterson...), so it was great to see him outplay expectations. He's a must-start next week just based on the volume he's likely to see.

26 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

He tore up Janoris Jenkins. Matchups aren't a concern for him, it's whether or not the Broncos decide to utilize their best weapon. 

Their best weapon is defense and ball control.  

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Their best weapon is defense and ball control.  

Yeah - the less Siemian has to throw, the better. Denver and Jacksonville basically have the same formula.

Still, it's hard not to like DT's prospects going forward as a target hog and what seems to be a deliberate effort to go to him more in the RZ... just need to hope his body cooperates.

What I love about him is his high floor and being tough as nails. You could tell when he kept fighting and going back in limping around. He's almost always hurt the last few years and he never misses games. Unless it's really bad he's always going to try and go out there and be an alpha. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Demaryius Thomas 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic