NBC Sports Edge Forums

Demaryius Thomas 2017 Outlook

Can't overreact to yesterday's output...

He had 69yds and a goal line fade TD opp in the first half.

The Broncos scored two long TDs in awful coverage so the final 1.5 quarters ran almost every play. It happens. If he catches the goal line fade everyone is happy. It is what it is. He will be cheaper next year, and that's fine for a guy who gets 8+ targets per game. WR3 price probably with WR2 potential.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am in half p.p.r. And he is 18th in my league. After counting keepers ahead of him, I drafted him as the 17th WR. Overall he performed more or less where the market value had him, at least where my league had him. So he is in line with where people had him in my opinion.

In the game the other day if he catches the ball that turned into the pass interference he would be inline with his projection for my leaguewhich would be 11.5 points. Instead we get 9.4. Not exciting but not terribly disappointing.

I have him as my number 3 receiver where was getting  benched for Juju for a while. 

I think it s reasonable to treat him like a number three receiver. He has been limping and dealing with a foot issue all year. So showing signs of wear and tear.

But he has and is meeting my expectations where I drafted him. 

37 minutes ago, jgolec said:

I have to start him due to lack  of options, but I'm praying Osweiler gets the start at QB.  I just don't see Lynch doing much of anything if he plays.  He looked awful the last time he was out there. 

I will probably bench if lynch starts. Too many unknowns

47 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

I will probably bench if lynch starts. Too many unknowns

I agree.  I'd like to bench him either way, but unfortunately AB's injury has opened up another WR spot I have to fill.

With Lynch I think he's borderline unstartable... with Brock he's shown he can produce, despite what we saw in the 2nd half on Thursday.

i'm sure we're all praying that osweiler starts. lynch is auto bench. i feel like if he starts he may get benched by half time for s---y play but thats too risky to bank on. however i don't have much options. hopefully we get word on a starter soon. 

24 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

I think lynch plays. The reporter mentioned that Vance Joseph said he would get reps the next 2 games. 

Yeah, but he's also coming off the injury... I doubt they put him out there if he's not 100%.  I'd bet Lynch definitely plays Week 17, but who cares about that from a fantasy perspective.

2 hours ago, Woonga24 said:

Is Norman supposed to shadow him? 

Not sure yet... he typically doesn't shadow the entire game,  but I'm guessing DT will see quite a bit of Norman.

I will say, Norman hasn't played very well the last few weeks... I'm wondering if the injury is still bothering him.

Championship week. 

PPR league

Does sanders sitting help....more targets......or hurt DT......only good receiver so all the defense focus?

Good luck all!

Edited by phatrat
CSB removed

Gotta start him.   Only DT and Randy Moss have five straight seasons of 1000 yards and 90 catches.      They’re gonna try and get him involved early and often 

and sanders hurt 

Edited by Impreza178
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Demaryius Thomas 2017 Outlook