NBC Sports Edge Forums

Demaryius Thomas 2017 Outlook

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Gotta start him.   Only DT and Randy Moss have five straight seasons of 1000 yards and 90 catches.      They’re gonna try and get him involved early and often 

and sanders hurt 

I think Latimer is also out, which could mean double coverage for DT. I think I'd feel better if Sanders was playing

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, ManDarino said:

I think Latimer is also out, which could mean double coverage for DT. I think I'd feel better if Sanders was playing

Too cute.   If you think Brock can move the ball against a poor wsh pass D-   DT will be involved.   Double digit targets are almost a given

• 3 weeks later...

LMFAO at this blurb. If I was DT I'd want to go Hulk Smash on whoever wrote this. 

What it looks from here it's the Broncos' incompetence at finding a decent QB would be reason for bolded....

The Broncos could ask Demaryius Thomas to take a pay cut this offseason.

Thomas has a $4 million option bonus due in March. The Broncs can void the final two years of his deal if they decline it, so there's some leverage for him to restructure. Thomas is coming off a down season, averaging just 11.4 YPR and getting held under 1,000 yards for the first time since 2011. Denver needs to clear cap space to improve their offense.

Jan 12 - 8:10 PM

Down season is kind of expected with their level of QB play. I'm amazed he has even managed to reach 1000 yards the last couple seasons without a healthy Peyton starting. I'm not so sure the Broncos have any leverage here besides their ability to cut him. But then they don't get anything in return and he can still be a productive WR in the league.

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

LMFAO at this blurb. If I was DT I'd want to go Hulk Smash on whoever wrote this. 

What it looks from here it's the Broncos' incompetence at finding a decent QB would be reason for bolded....

The Broncos could ask Demaryius Thomas to take a pay cut this offseason.

Thomas has a $4 million option bonus due in March. The Broncs can void the final two years of his deal if they decline it, so there's some leverage for him to restructure. Thomas is coming off a down season, averaging just 11.4 YPR and getting held under 1,000 yards for the first time since 2011. Denver needs to clear cap space to improve their offense.

Jan 12 - 8:10 PM

DEN hasn't had a decent QB since the middle of the 2014 season. 

DT could be an interesting buy low if he stays and they get Cousins. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Demaryius Thomas 2017 Outlook