NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Woods 2017 Outlook

Just now, oliminator123 said:

That Giants defense is just horrible. I'd get if it was a bomb into blown coverage. But it was a short pass at the line of scrimmage that he just took through some pretty terrible looking defenders. That touchdown lost me both of my money leagues (vs Goff in one, vs Woods in the other). 

He is the 3rd option on this offense (behind Kupp and Gurley). WR3 for sure.

he has more targets, receptions and yards than kupp (and one less td), so although on any given week, kupp may have more looks, i would hardly say he is a 3rd option behind him.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

guess you missed the Cowboys whiffing on 'Reek's TD yesterday ..

That was bad, but when a guy that folks were arguing preseason could put his hat in the ring for best saftey takes that bad of an angle and everybody else was afraid of contact (much like the Cowboys case) it takes the cake.  Certainly debatable.  

It's the kind of defense you get when you make all the rule changes over the years to generate more offense mixed with the fact that teams now draft purely on athletic ability and not being a fundamentally sound player.

Easy matchup vs Houston this week, my fear is that Savage will continue to do his best Joey Harrington impression, and game-script will be in Gurley's favor after the Rams get up by a few scores. With no offensive threat coming from Houston, are we fading the Rams passing game a bit since they'll be able to go conservative? Or is his PPR floor safe enough to warrant a start? 

5 minutes ago, Motown_Magic said:

Easy matchup vs Houston this week, my fear is that Savage will continue to do his best Joey Harrington impression, and game-script will be in Gurley's favor after the Rams get up by a few scores. With no offensive threat coming from Houston, are we fading the Rams passing game a bit since they'll be able to go conservative? Or is his PPR floor safe enough to warrant a start? 

We might see a run-heavy approach by the Rams, but even when they're in the lead Woods has been the most reliable (in PPR) WR on the team: 5-8 targets per game, and averaging 4.75 receptions per game. Floor is safe enough to warrant a start.

43 minutes ago, altmin said:

ANy chance Goff and Woods become Watson-Fuller lite? 

Trying to decide if he is worth rostering and Fuller is the last man on my bench right now.

Would rather have Woods than Fuller with the Watson injury. 

1 minute ago, Pandabear90 said:

Just traded fuller and mixon for Murray and woods 

Good trade for you by far. 

poor Fuller doesn’t have a qb to chuck it to him and Mixon has the worst OL in the NFL.  Murray is hobbling but he might pull it back and Woods is consistent. 

2 minutes ago, altmin said:

Wish I wasn't too scared to have played him today. Out scored hopkins (whom I did play) by 18 points.  Going to have some decisions to make next week when Evans is back. Vikings will be a bit more formidable .

After barely winning with him on my bench last week, i was not gonna bench him again.  He def won me my matchup today.

This dude has good separation skills - he flashed some legit talent with the Bills for a short time but him and Goff seem to have a good connection.

Edited by JetsAwesome
13 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

After barely winning with him on my bench last week, i was not gonna bench him again.  He def won me my matchup today.

This dude has good separation skills - he flashed some legit talent with the Bills for a short time but him and Goff seem to have a good connection.

yup, burned me last week almost not playing him. had to sweat it out on mnf. 

this week, nope, playing no matter what. and he single handedly carried me this week. hellz yea! gonna win unless something craycray happens on MNF.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Robert Woods 2017 Outlook