NBC Sports Edge Forums

Frank Gore 2017 Season Outlook

Hasn't missed a game since 2010, turning 34 this season, has mailed in two back to back 1,000 yard campaigns with the Colts.

Will Father Time catch up to this fella?  Or will he provide another successful campaign?

Great value in my opinion those going zero RB.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, joshua18 said:

The problem is Turbin will still vulture TDs, denting the upside of both.

Turbin didn't get that much volume and would only dent what it seems is the TD upside they have. They also didn't want Gore in on goal line situations to preserve him for the playoffs. For Mack it could be different. Probably not. But if Mack gets the volume and no TD's, he'll still be a high end RB2. Ahmad Bradshaw and TRich were able to coexist and be very fantasy relevant. 

3 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

yeah a target for 0 rb folks of sure. I personally don't think he is very talented anymore and will rely solely on volume. If moncrief stays healthy thats a hit to his td value too

Gore dislikes this, turbin is quite the vulture, 7 tds on less than 150 carries, he's the wildcard, moncrief is there to get gore to the goaline 

2 hours ago, boltup15 said:

Turbin didn't get that much volume and would only dent what it seems is the TD upside they have. They also didn't want Gore in on goal line situations to preserve him for the playoffs. For Mack it could be different. Probably not. But if Mack gets the volume and no TD's, he'll still be a high end RB2. Ahmad Bradshaw and TRich were able to coexist and be very fantasy relevant. 

Trich?...

image.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I got Gore as the #113 player off the board on Sunday in a deep league; which is 10th round in a standard league. Crazy. All good things must eventually come to an end. But there was no way I could pass on Gore at that point as my RB3; basically an insurance guy. Something like 250/1050/6 can be expected, but hopefully its on my bench. If I'm starting him its because somebody got hurt. Still, I'll feel ok when forced to start him on bye weeks and as an injury filler.

48 minutes ago, dabeesta17 said:

I got Gore as the #113 player off the board on Sunday in a deep league; which is 10th round in a standard league. Crazy. All good things must eventually come to an end. But there was no way I could pass on Gore at that point as my RB3; basically an insurance guy. Something like 250/1050/6 can be expected, but hopefully its on my bench. If I'm starting him its because somebody got hurt. Still, I'll feel ok when forced to start him on bye weeks and as an injury filler.

Some deals are too good to pass up.

Gore is still hovering in the 7th round (PPR), wedged between Henry and Riddick.

I know he managed 263 carries last season, but can we blame the masses for doubting he turns the trick one more time?  I love the guy, but old + extreme mileage are ginormous negatives.

Edited by Rolling Thunder
3 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Some deals are too good to pass up.

Gore is still hovering in the 7th round (PPR), wedged between Henry and Riddick.

I know he managed 263 carries last season, but can we blame the masses for doubting he turns the trick one more time?  I love the guy, old + extreme mileage are ginormous negatives.

Or ginormous positives as the combo should help to depress Gore's ADP

Showed zero signs of slowing down last year. If anything, played angrier than in 2015... something to prove... and proven.

Turbin is going to be way too involved for Gore to be a value at his ADP. People think it's Gore vs Mack and forget about the RB who led IND in TDs, who the coaches love, and who they have vowed to give even more work in 2017. 

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Turbin is going to be way too involved for Gore to be a value at his ADP. People think it's Gore vs Mack and forget about the RB who led IND in TDs, who the coaches love, and who they have vowed to give even more work in 2017. 

I don't see this happening at all. It's Gore vs no one. As long as there's an angry Gore on the field, I expect his numbers to ballpark the past two years:

2015: 260 carries / 967 yards / 6 TDs ///   34 receptions / 267 yards / 1 rec. TD 

2016: 263.            / 1025.        / 4 TDs ///   38                  / 277            / 4 TDs

I expect Turbin might see an increase, though possibly at the expense of Mack. He will also vulture TDs, but I imagine he will stick close to last year:

Turbin: 44 carries / 164.         / 7 TDs ///    26                 / 179             / 1TD

Then again, if you're posting the Turbin hype to keep Gore's ADP low, much appreciated.

4 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

I don't see this happening at all. It's Gore vs no one. As long as there's an angry Gore on the field, I expect his numbers to ballpark the past two years:

2015: 260 carries / 967 yards / 6 TDs ///   34 receptions / 267 yards / 1 rec. TD 

2016: 263.            / 1025.        / 4 TDs ///   38                  / 277            / 4 TDs

I expect Turbin might see an increase, though possibly at the expense of Mack. He will also vulture TDs, but I imagine he will stick close to last year:

Turbin: 44 carries / 164.         / 7 TDs ///    26                 / 179             / 1TD

Then again, if you're posting the Turbin hype to keep Gore's ADP low, much appreciated.

Age/mileage alone raises the odds that Gore's workload is reduced some from last year in favor of increased reps for Turbin/Mack.  It is almost romantic to envision Gore replicating 2016, especially when so many said in 2015 that he couldn't do it, but with a RB his age, risk rises exponentially.  He should be going in the 7th and beyond.  

he's going fairly cheap. for a guy who is (was?) as consistent as they come i am willing to take the chance on him churning out another decent season. maybe the wheels fall off or maybe he has a little emmit smith and marcus allen in him and he keeps on chugging. you gotta think he has the number 1,037 on his mind to get up to #4 all time. sure, losing some gl work to turbin is expected but i don't think mack represents a big roadblock as a scatback who likely isn't ready to take on a full load in the nfl. the biggest risk in my eyes is age as not many rbs have been productive at 34 but not many have been extremely productive at 33 either so he's already bucked the trend. in a few early leagues i snagged him as a bench rb in the 11th and 9th rounds of 10 teamers. worth a shot given his track record of production and if father time does catch up to him it likely won't kill me. 

12 hours ago, joshua18 said:

I got him as the #113 player off the board. FFC has him at #81 off the board before guys like Charles, Kelley, Perine, Dixon and Woodhead. If you get him in the 8th round or later, there's really not a lot of risk there. You're just banking on him being steady Frank. If he finally breaks down this year, it only cost you an 8th rounder. No biggie.

5 hours ago, dabeesta17 said:

I got him as the #113 player off the board. FFC has him at #81 off the board before guys like Charles, Kelley, Perine, Dixon and Woodhead. If you get him in the 8th round or later, there's really not a lot of risk there. You're just banking on him being steady Frank. If he finally breaks down this year, it only cost you an 8th rounder. No biggie.

Unless one of those other upside guys takes off that you could have selected.

8th round is still important because you're mining for gems that could present great value.  

I'd rather be a year too early than too late with Gore.  He won't give you that.

On June 21, 2017 at 3:32 PM, theSPANKER said:

Unless one of those other upside guys takes off that you could have selected.

8th round is still important because you're mining for gems that could present great value.  

I'd rather be a year too early than too late with Gore.  He won't give you that.

Id rather take a shot with all of the guys he listed. Especially Woodhead. Are we trying to win or not Finnish last?

14 hours ago, Ravensdan said:

Id rather take a shot with all of the guys he listed. Especially Woodhead. Are we trying to win or not Finnish last?

I typically try and win. I don't know many Finnish guys that play fantasy football, but pretty sure the consistency of Gore would be more appealing to them than a 31-year-old RB who hasn't played significant football in two years (Charles); a duo of slow RB on the same team who will likely cancel each other out (Perrine/Kelley); and another duo of RBs on the same team with one suspended for four games and the other that is 1.5 years younger than Gore and coming off a lost season due to torn ACL. Yeah, I'll take Gore and win.

7 hours ago, dabeesta17 said:

I typically try and win. I don't know many Finnish guys that play fantasy football, but pretty sure the consistency of Gore would be more appealing to them than a 31-year-old RB who hasn't played significant football in two years (Charles); a duo of slow RB on the same team who will likely cancel each other out (Perrine/Kelley); and another duo of RBs on the same team with one suspended for four games and the other that is 1.5 years younger than Gore and coming off a lost season due to torn ACL. Yeah, I'll take Gore and win.

Why are we always a year ahead on JCs age?