NBC Sports Edge Forums

Frank Gore 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks completely fine to me - the only negative is Mack looked good too and if he's in deed the future there's no reason not to get him involved but he's not replacing Gore outside of an injury. I'm hoping for a 15+ day this first month and will try to shop but his projections and the usual anti old blurbs don't help his value in casual leagues. 

At this rate, if you don't own him you mine as well trade for. Seems like his value is pennies right now. Offer some hype for a proven commodity, easy win. They aren't rushing Luck back which means he'll be 100% once he returns. Their schedule is easier than last season and their defense is arguably better (Vontae Davis was slowing down anyway, 98th rating Pro Football Focus cornerback grading). Now they're younger, it will take some time for the rookies to get a hang of things. And Gore hasn't lost a step. 

• 2 weeks later...

Are you starting Gore this week?

I'm debating him or Hopkins at FLEX, non-PPR. Never thought I'd start him over Hopkins, but Hopkins has a tough match up @ NE. Gore has a very favorable match up. Still having trouble pulling the trigger on that though.

Edited by gufomel
2 hours ago, Fearfulways said:

How do you feel with him as an RB2 for ROS if you're stacked at WR and have Gronk?

I would feel great about it.  I'm in the same boat in a 14 team league, I have Rodgers, Diggs, Fitz, AJ Green, Hunt, Gore/Carson, Witten...  I don't need Gore to do anything special, just his typical production is solid enough with the rest of my roster.

3 minutes ago, simanium said:

I would feel great about it.  I'm in the same boat in a 14 team league, I have Rodgers, Diggs, Fitz, AJ Green, Hunt, Gore/Carson, Witten...  I don't need Gore to do anything special, just his typical production is solid enough with the rest of my roster.

Hopefully be in this same scenario soon.

I'll have Michael Thomas, Hopkins, Fitz with Gronk + McCoy in a 12 team PPR. I'm a Colts fan too so that makes it even sweeter

On 9/24/2017 at 8:21 AM, Holben said:

I personally don't think Frank Gore is a good starting fantasy RB unless in real deep leagues. He's sitting on my bench either as a bye week fill-in or in case of injury.

I agree, and he's riding my bench for the same purpose...less panic if I lose one of my top 3 backs. That said, he's currently ranked 23rd in my 1/2 PPR league, so that technically makes him an RB2 so far. Granted his ranking is boosted by TDs in two games so far, but I believe he has at least a safe Flex floor. 

What are you guys thinking for Gore this weekend. In my league, San Fran is giving up the 7th most points to RBs. He seems like a safe back to roll out there for this bye week. Maybe 75-80 total yards and 2-3 receptions. 

Much like all of you, I have him on my team. He's a bye week filler and sitting on my bench for now, but one thing that concerns me is how the Colts limit his usage.

I was watching the game last week and remember an announcer saying that because of his age, they're limiting his touches. This is pretty obvious and seems to be the case. Are you guys concerned at all with this or you guys already knew that this would be the case?

EDIT - actually 2/4 games were blow outs and the Colts were behind double digits. And the one game that was competitive with the Browns, he had 25 touches. This leaves the 16-13 game against the Cards where he amassed 14 touches. Guess I just answered my own question. Carry oon lol.

Edited by mvttchew

i am actually trotting him out over joe mixon this week. I'm not expecting much but it's a good matchup and ..... a REVENGE game .... :wacko:

Edited by metalmat

Frank gore is being phased out of the offense.  At best he's a between the 20s grinder.  They want to get Mack involved and giving red zone carries to Turbin as well.  Very little upside but still might have some value during bye weeks or in case Mack gets hurt again.

Colts have defeated Titans 16 of the last 17 times. Granted that goes back to the Peyton Manning era but there could be some rare positive game script this week if Cassel starts or Mariota struggles again. Frank Gore should get you those safe 10-15 points again this week like usual.

1 minute ago, kdpat15 said:

Outlook after turbin's injury? Does he get third down work now?

I think his arrow is pointing up - should get GL carries, and maybe he even gets third-down snaps (not sure how Mack is as a pass protector, but rookies typically struggle at that and Gore is still one of the best).

• 2 weeks later...