NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The JD Martinez/Robles thing was shot down 7 minutes after it was floated on twitter when they were both pulled from their games. It was a fun 7 minutes, but I think it's time to move on from this discussion and stick to ACTUAL MLB trade rumors?

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

The JD Martinez/Robles thing was shot down 7 minutes after it was floated on twitter when they were both pulled from their games. It was a fun 7 minutes, but I think it's time to move on from this discussion and stick to ACTUAL MLB trade rumors?

You think Juan Soto would work ?

1 hour ago, maguirekm said:

^^^Agreed that the Nats would need more than just Martinez for Robles. But Wilson and Martinez for Robles (plus a low level guy) might make sense. Like I've said earlier, if I'm Rizzo I wait to see what the market dictates knowing my team would benefit from upgrades at #3-4 SP, CL and LF

This is the package that makes most sense to me. Putting JD with Wilson would make the Nats about as complete as a roster could be, plus it mitigates the whole JD rental only thing. 

3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

I always thought JDM was pretty good player with an ADP just around 80. You honestly think he would be on the bench and the Nationals would start Michael Taylor & Jayson Werth over JD Martinez?

Of course not.  JD is awesome.  Werth is worthless.  Taylor plays CF with Harper and JD in the corners if Martinez gets traded to the Nats.  Not Taylor platooned in a corner.

But I don't think he will get traded and if he did Dusty being Dusty he might stick Werth in center even because, you know, VET. 

Also I don't think the Nats trade for him because why?  They have plenty of offense and Trea Turner should be back in what?  Say a month maybe.  They need another starting pitcher like every other contender.  If you are going to use good prospects you use them on pitching; not waste them on another bat you don't need.  Especially if that bat is a rental.

Also don't see the Nats going after Justin Wilson anymore since they got their late innings left-handed set-up guy now in Doolittle.  On Fox Sports they said the Nats now have 5 lefties in their bullpen.  Don't think they will want a sixth.  They over-killed with 5 mainly, they said, because they view getting past the Dodgers in the playoffs their main goal at this point and Dodgers have problems with lefties.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
17 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

what package (players) you believe would get Yonder in New York?

won't Oakland want something good for an all-star?

Alonso had one good half.  He's hardly someone I would label an "all-star".  

Edited by Goatstain3

Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan reports that the Rockies have reached out to the Orioles to ask about Kevin Gausman and Dylan Bundy.
Passan says that Colorado is "poking around" on the starting pitching market. They were connected to Gausman over the winter, reportedly asking for him in a potential trade for Carlos Gonzalez. Gausman is under team control through 2020, while Bundy is under control through 2021.

Imagine Gausman at Coors. :o

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

what package (players) you believe would get Yonder in New York?

won't Oakland want something good for an all-star?

Billy Beane would probably want a 4th string, has been catcher he can then convert into a 1B because it is all about "Moneyball forevah" with him.

8 minutes ago, Mikewastaken said:

I posted in the Gausman thread that I think he would benefit from a change of scenery but good lord, not to Colorado.

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, I think Colorado might be an upgrade. Might.   Not in terms of ballpark, just organization. Anywhere else is likely better tho.

In the Yankees' latest kicking the tires on every 1B available in the universe:

MLB.com's Mark Feinsand reports that the Yankees have reached out to the Mets about Lucas Duda and Addison Reed.

The Yankees and Mets haven't made too many trades over the years, but it certainly makes sense that the Bombers would be interested in Duda. The impending free agent has put up a nice .248/.355/.550 batting line with 16 home runs this season and has gone deep in consecutive games. Reed would give the Yanks some help in bridging the gap between their starters and closer Aroldis Chapman.

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Billy Beane would probably want a 4th string, has been catcher he can then convert into a 1B because it is all about "Moneyball forevah" with him.

Finding value where others aren't sounds like a horrible strategy. Oh the humanity!