NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2017 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

Nice...the Yanks can get Gray now and make a run at it this year. Hitting the jackpot on Judge makes some of their prospects expendable

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more pissed that the Sox couldn't find a way to get Kahnle or Robertson....or both.

And as the offense continues to be disgustingly anemic, missing out on Frazier sucks, too.  That just goes to show you how bad it is when Frazier would be a legitimate upgrade.

OF is so easy to fill via FA and the Yanks have big purses. Better to block the Red Sox here when you have Judge and Hicks

43 minutes ago, Light Tower Power said:

Yanks also blocked the Red Sox from getting a RP and Frazier. Adds value to getting a deal done.

You don't understand.  No one in Boston wanted Frazier.  Everyone was worried Dombrowski might make a stupid deal to get The Slug.  The Panda was bad enough.  So I'm grateful the Yankees prevented Dealin' Dave from empting the cupboard for Frazier aka the Chris Carter of 3B.  And though the Yankees got some good relievers the Sox are very interested in Phelps and/or Neshek.  They should cost less.

27 minutes ago, Stubudd said:

so does this mean moncada might get called up?

Why would it possibly mean that?  They have no need to start the clock on Moncada to start with.  Far less now.

31 minutes ago, B&F said:

Frazier could play 1B.

I thought Detroit could have gotten more for JD but he was a rental and Dawel Lugo isn't a bad prospect.

Not sure why the Tigers felt the need to move JD for this kind of package, with still almost 2 weeks to go to the deadline.  This package of turds was likely going to be available and his price could have gone up if another team made a move forcing another contender to bite. 

6 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

Agreed  - Rutherford is an overrated prospect if I've ever seen one.

He's still very early on in his development but I've seen Law and others a bit taken aback by the lack of power he's shown at Low-A this year.

5 minutes ago, absknicks said:

He's still very early on in his development but I've seen Law and others a bit taken aback by the lack of power he's shown at Low-A this year.

Since Law is usually wrong I'd say the White Sox got themselves a stud.  Like a lack of power at low A means remotely anything.  Kid hasn't even grown into his body yet.

1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Since Law is usually wrong I'd say the White Sox got themselves a stud.  Like a lack of power at low A means remotely anything.  Kid hasn't even grown into his body yet.

It means something, especially since he's a year older than most of the HS draftees in last year's class. 

I'm not a Law fan by any means but it was still worth pointing out. 

As a Yankees fan I'm fine with the deal. 

1 minute ago, absknicks said:

It means something, especially since he's a year older than most of the HS draftees in last year's class. 

I'm not a Law fan by any means but it was still worth pointing out. 

As a Yankees fan I'm fine with the deal. 

Which means he is still way young.  And most prospect sites disagree with Law on Rutherford so there is that too.  I get that you want to minimize what the Yankees gave up in the trade but Rutherford is a legit, high end OF prospect.  You have to give something legit in a trade like this.  He is just a couple of years away, not one year.

Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

Which means he is still way young.  And most prospect sites disagree with Law on Rutherford so there is that too.  I get that you want to minimize what the Yankees gave up in the trade but Rutherford is a legit, high end OF prospect.  You have to give something legit in a trade like this.  He is just a couple of years away, not one year.

Why would I want to minimize it? I simply stated what many scouts and Keith Law have said. I'm as critical of the Yankees as anyone on here, I think many Yankees fans on this board can attest to that.

Honestly it seems like you're a bit upset that the Red Sox missed out on Frazier... but yeah, I'm the one fanboying here. 

55 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You don't understand.  No one in Boston wanted Frazier.  Everyone was worried Dombrowski might make a stupid deal to get The Slug.  The Panda was bad enough.  So I'm grateful the Yankees prevented Dealin' Dave from empting the cupboard for Frazier aka the Chris Carter of 3B.  And though the Yankees got some good relievers the Sox are very interested in Phelps and/or Neshek.  They should cost less.

Why would it possibly mean that?  They have no need to start the clock on Moncada to start with.  Far less now.

And...Moncada's being called up. Lol