NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

5 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Honestly it seems like you're a bit upset that the Red Sox missed out on Frazier... but yeah, I'm the one fanboying here. 

LOL!!!  Go read the Devers thread in MiLB Forum complete with the dates involved before you make silly comments like that.  I was THE biggest critic of even the thought that the Red Sox go after Frazier aka The Slug.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, DannyMcPot said:

Thou dost protest too much. Always love when we can stick it to Boston. 

Again ... go to MILB Forum and read my posts under Devers then come back and give me a formal apology.  I also had posted on the Frazier thread and back in this thread days ago as well my absolute disgust at the thought of the Red Sox losing prospects to get The Slug.  Why would I want the Sox to get the Chris Carter of 3B with his lousy .210 average and his lack of any speed etc etc?

Now Moncada being called up this early?  That I didn't see. 

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Why would it possibly mean that?  They have no need to start the clock on Moncada to start with.  Far less now.

Sounds like you know a lot. When do you figure it will happen?

Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

LOL!  Guess you are having second thought getting stuck with The Slug, eh.

You may have been against it but I know Boston was heavily connected to Frazier. Just feels good swooping in. Frazier is honestly the third piece in the deal for me. Getting Kahnle & DRob is huge. 

And Frazier has looked much better lately than his overall numbers. Yanks are so bad at 1B/3B that he's actually a massive upgrade lol 

"Sure, Giancarlo Stanton and the $295 million left in his contract is available, too, but they haven’t received a single call of interest. Stanton would be willing to waive his no-trade clause to return home to California."

Again,  if I'm SD I'm biting.  Get a star player that they can market.

SF should be all over this as well. 

Stanton's power plays in their big ballparks.  

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

LOL!  Good one.  I guess the White Sox finally finally ran out of warm bodies when the shuffled off Frazier. 

Doesn't mean he should be up.   Why start the clock now?  Run Saladino and Davidson out there at 2b and 3b in a lost season.

10 minutes ago, DannyMcPot said:

You may have been against it but I know Boston was heavily connected to Frazier. Just feels good swooping in. Frazier is honestly the third piece in the deal for me. Getting Kahnle & DRob is huge. 

And Frazier has looked much better lately than his overall numbers. Yanks are so bad at 1B/3B that he's actually a massive upgrade lol 

It was Dombrowski that was interested.  Pretty much every fan and media outlet were against it once the rumors started about Frazier a month back.  Everyone was united in horror that he would trade away the rest of the farm system on like I called him, the Chris Carter of 3B.

The Sox do need a bat but Frazier wasn't one anyone wanted to see here.  An overweight vet with no speed and a low batting average brings back our long national nightmare that just ended a week or two back.  The next Panda to invade the area.  Never again!

But a non-Panda like hitter.  Yep.  Tie again after midnight as the Red Sox can't push the win running across the plate in 13 innings as of now.  Just a couple of day after the 16 inning marathon.

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

LOL!  Good one.  I guess the White Sox finally finally ran out of warm bodies when the shuffled off Frazier. 

That's why i asked, i guessed maybe they'd do it just for fan morale or something. I don't have time to stay right on top of all of it. 

14 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Again ... go to MILB Forum and read my posts under Devers then come back and give me a formal apology.  I also had posted on the Frazier thread and back in this thread days ago as well my absolute disgust at the thought of the Red Sox losing prospects to get The Slug.  Why would I want the Sox to get the Chris Carter of 3B with his lousy .210 average and his lack of any speed etc etc?

Now Moncada being called up this early?  That I didn't see. 

Seems like in the Moncada thread it is being reported the Sox are calling him up.

3 minutes ago, Stubudd said:

That's why i asked, i guessed maybe they'd do it just for fan morale or something. I don't have time to stay right on top of all of it. 

Oh thought you were making a joke and having fun rubbing it in on me because I had said that tonight just minutes before everyone started posting that he had been called up just now.  Sorry.

Now why he was called up I have zero idea.

5 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Doesn't mean he should be up.   Why start the clock now?  Run Saladino and Davidson out there at 2b and 3b in a lost season.

They'll probably suck next year too. At some point you need to see what you have. Might as well start now. 

Just now, AnonymousRob said:

They'll probably suck next year too. At some point you need to see what you have. Might as well start now. 

They better know what they have given he was a key piece of the Sale deal. 

Save the $$$.

2 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Cool. Let's call him up in 2019. No need to spend the money on years they probably won't win. 

I'd call him up in September this year with an eye on him starting from jump in 2018.

If he was destroying AAA and clearly had nothing left to prove or learn it'd be different.  But he's not. 

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

26 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

LOL!!!  Go read the Devers thread in MiLB Forum complete with the dates involved before you make silly comments like that.  I was THE biggest critic of even the thought that the Red Sox go after Frazier aka The Slug.

The silly comment was you assuming I was "minimizing what the Yankees gave up" just because I relayed what Keith Law and others have been saying of Rutherford this year. Obviously he's still a top 30/40 prospect in all of baseball and a guy with a ton of upside. 

2 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

I'd call him up in September this year with an eye on him starting from jump in 2018.

If he was destroying AAA and clearly had nothing left to prove or learn it'd be different.  But he's not. 

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

This. The rebuild has been an amazing effort, they're getting max value plus on every deal this year. Literally a plan of perfection so far. Don't screw it up by jumping the gun on this kid, he's got plenty left to learn in AAA and no reason to have his clock running right now.

4 minutes ago, absknicks said:

The silly comment was you assuming I was "minimizing what the Yankees gave up" just because I relayed what Keith Law and others have been saying of Rutherford this year. Obviously he's still a top 30/40 prospect in all of baseball and a guy with a ton of upside.

Sorry it came across that way.  I thought that was your opinion, not Law's.  Apologies.

9 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

His clock was already started.. His Option years also started last year, oh and he's a member of the MLBPA for being the 40 man.

Its a different scale keeping guys down on the 40 vs ones that are off it.  His 31 days of service time means he will have to held down until the 3rd Week of May before getting called for year of control. His own personal super 2 is also past now.

A plan to hold him down THAT long in AAA would have given the MLBPA more juice to fight than usual. Also, what happens if these Infielders gets injured? They commit to holding down that long. They will have to DFA someone every-time and get someone from off 40 man. Risk losing other players to waivers..