Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

The Pirates had a chance to make a run a few years ago and didn't add and it could have cost them,would hate to see Houston do the same, when you're a small market you should try to go for it like the Royals did, you never know when you are going to get that chance again

Did Royals pick up anyone else besides Cueto? Trying to remember. That was a big pick up though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

The Pirates had a chance to make a run a few years ago and didn't add and it could have cost them,would hate to see Houston do the same, when you're a small market you should try to go for it like the Royals did, you never know when you are going to get that chance again

But you DO KNOW when you get the chance. The questions are. Can the Royals beat the Astros or the Red Sox in the playoffs? And if they do can they get by the Nationals or Dodgers to win the WS ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Did Royals pick up anyone else besides Cueto? Trying to remember. That was a big pick up though.

Zobrist, he was a key  in them winning

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, motown magic said:

But you DO KNOW when you get the chance. The questions are. Can the Royals beat the Astros or the Red Sox in the playoffs? And if they do can they get by the Nationals or Dodgers to win the WS ?

Anything can happen in the playoffs, if you get hot at the right time, everyone thought the LaRussa's A's were unbeatable and they only won once the Reds swept them, anything can happen if you get in, give yourself the best chance you never know when you will be back and the Astros have never won it

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, azeri98 said:

The Pirates had a chance to make a run a few years ago and didn't add and it could have cost them,would hate to see Houston do the same, when you're a small market you should try to go for it like the Royals did, you never know when you are going to get that chance again

But isn't Houston already making a good run? My original question was why give up so much to acquire two players that really don't help them? Do they need another average SP?

 

Or a third baseman hitting .246/20/9/28/1?

 

You don't give up your starting cost controlled 3rd baseman and gut your farm system for that type of return. 

Edited by Low and Away
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Keuchel, McCullers, Gray. Not out of this world good, but plenty good enough when you have the best offense in baseball. Those three should do just fine in the playoffs. 

Add Peacock,  and considering what he's doing this year,  that's a pretty damn strong rotation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, motown magic said:

I couldn't open the link to that possible trade. What players would be involved for Wilson and Verlander?

Not sure if the twitter pic shows up as a link to you? 

Anyway, no mention of prospects coming back. Just that HOU interested in both. HOU has 6-7 top 100 prospects though, so could afford nice return. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Fisher and Tucker . Tucker is on the DL in the minors. That would sure be an upgrade to what the Tigers have in the minors or even on the current team for outfielders. I don't see both making the roster in Houston anytime soon. Fisher the better chance over Aoki

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tywalson said:

For Sonny it has to be Kyle Tucker, right? The A's are playing for a 3 year rebuild and he fits that timeline perfectly to be ready with the new park. 

 

I could see Fisher + Martes deal too though..

 

20 minutes ago, motown magic said:

I have Fisher and Tucker . Tucker is on the DL in the minors. That would sure be an upgrade to what the Tigers have in the minors or even on the current team for outfielders. I don't see both making the roster in Houston anytime soon. Fisher the better chance over Aoki

 


Houston has stated, repeatedly, that Kyle Tucker isn't moving. If they were willing to budge on that, they probably could have fielded an offer to CWS that would have competed with what Chicago offered. 

As mentioned here in other places, Houston has a boatload of top 100 prospects, and a few others (like Yordan...) who may not necessarily be ranked, but be a real solid get for a team. Teoscar Hernandez, Ramon Laureano, Yordan Alvarez, Daz Cameron, Garret Stubbs, Jason Martin... there's some deep quality in that system. Everyone knows Tucker, Fisher, Martes, Whitley, but guys like Perez and everyone I just named? Great gets. I could easily see a package "headlined" by Fisher in the sense that he's the top prospect going back, but it would be a deep package of quality prospects. 

I could also see it being Fisher/Musgrove/a couple of further away type prospects also. 

Regardless, I see no scenario in which Tucker leaves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...