NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2017 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

I think O'Neill is a better fantasy prospect than real life. And Gonzales vice versa. Gonzales gets a lot of high launch angle outs and pop ups. His profile looks really intriguing in that park and with that collection of outfield gloves the Mariners currently have. 

O'Neill has a lot of swing and miss and is probably just a left fielder. It's possible they could have got more for him but if you look at value down the line for the M's, I would bet on Gonzales giving them more as a young SP. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dod959 said:

I think O'Neill is a better fantasy prospect than real life. And Gonzales vice versa. Gonzales gets a lot of high launch angle outs and pop ups. His profile looks really intriguing in that park and with that collection of outfield gloves the Mariners currently have. 

O'Neill has a lot of swing and miss and is probably just a left fielder. It's possible they could have got more for him but if you look at value down the line for the M's, I would bet on Gonzales giving them more as a young SP. 

if he was 22 coming off TJ sure but dude is 25

4 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

TradeChart_V5_i69mwjpr_bgz7rx3p.jpg

Pretty cool idea, not very accurate.  Quick glance:

1. Twins seem to be buying, Rangers seem to be selling.

2. Braves seems to be selling and maybe buying, Orioles are only selling.

3. Donaldson should be on the Jays in I guess a lighter shade of blue.

4. Ramos should be on the Marlins and a darker blue than Barraclough.

5. Verlander should be on the Tigers in a very light blue.

I'm sure there are more.

2 minutes ago, TopChuckie said:

Pretty cool idea, not very accurate.  Quick glance:

1. Twins seem to be buying, Rangers seem to be selling.

2. Braves seems to be selling and maybe buying, Orioles are only selling.

3. Donaldson should be on the Jays in I guess a lighter shade of blue.

4. Ramos should be on the Marlins and a darker blue than Barraclough.

5. Verlander should be on the Tigers in a very light blue.

I'm sure there are more.

Verlander was one I was wondering about

the Mariners are interested in Asdrubal Cabrera.

I feel like I'm missing something, why would they be interested in Cabrera? they have his infield positions covered with Cano at 2B, Segura at SS, and Seager at 3B.

6 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

haven't seen those reports, only the tribe

I don't know how accurate this is/was, but this is who I saw mention it.

I also see this from mlbtraderumors yesterday abut the Indians, and maybe Asdrubal with Seattle could have the same type of utility role.

Mets infielder Asdrubal Cabrera has drawn interest from the Indians, ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick reports (via Twitter).  The Tribe would use Cabrera (who spent the first seven-plus years of his career in Cleveland) at second base until Jason Kipnis returns from the DL, and Cabrera would them move into a utility infield role backing up Kipnis, Francisco Lindor and Jose Ramirez.  Cleveland could add bench depth if they can’t swing a larger trade, Crasnick writes (Twitter links) though “they appear to be on the fence” about making such a move, with current signs pointing towards nothing major in the works.

On 7/21/2017 at 3:32 PM, pbjfb said:

Verlander was one I was wondering about

Very nice graph.  Love it.  And now, of course, into the nitpicking, heh.  (No, I really love it).

Verlander is the guy the Tigers want to trade away the most now that JD is gone.  Should be in dark blue.

Also the Red Sox aren't looking for any catching now or in the future that I know of.  They have two good defensive catchers now and one deeper in the minors.  And no I don't mean Swihart who is being converted into a 1B/3B guy instead due to his ankle injury that has lasted about as long as Greg Bird's if not longer.  They probably wouldn't mind an upgrade at 1B as in a light pink sometime especially since Sam Travis is more of a line drive hitter and Dombrowski loves to trade away prospects anyway.

O'Day is officially on the block in Baltimore.

Nunez in SF is probably a darker blue if not totally dark blue since he is the one other teams are talking to SF about right now.

Barraklough hasn't been put on the trade block in Maimi but AJ Ramos is and in darkest blue.

Also in dark blue is Tommy Joseph with the Phils though there is no market for him.  But he is blocking Rhys Hoskins so they want him gone.

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Very nice graph.  Love it.  And now, of course, into the nitpicking, heh.  (No, I really love it).

Verlander is the guy the Tigers want to trade away the most now that JD is gone.  Should be in dark blue.

Also the Red Sox aren't looking for any catching now or in the future that I know of.  They have two good defensive catchers now and one deeper in the minors.  And no I don't mean Swihart who is being converted into a 1B/3B guy instead due to his ankle injury that has lasted about as long as Greg Bird's if not longer.  They probably wouldn't mind an upgrade at 1B as in a light pink sometime especially since Sam Travis is more of a line drive hitter and Dombrowski loves to trade away prospects anyway.

O'Day is officially on the block in Baltimore.

Nunez in SF is probably a darker blue if not totally dark blue since he is the one other teams are talking to SF about right now.

Barraklough hasn't been put on the trade block in Maimi but AJ Ramos is and in darkest blue.

Also in dark blue is Tommy Joseph with the Phils though there is no market for him.  But he is blocking Rhys Hoskins so they want him gone.

I didn't make that chart. I stole it from Cespedes family bbq, hopefully they keep updating it 

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2017/07/21/243351914/cespedes-family-bbq-trade-graphic

6 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

say degrom is available what would it take to get him?

lad- buehler, verdugo, + is that close?

degrom + kershaw for the next few year would be deadly 

Not close at all.