NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2017 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, WaKe21334 said:

He was pulled mid game and was seen hugging his teammates under the dugout. I just would love to know where to and for whom.

I just saw that as well.  It would definitely be nice to know, but if it just happened, I can understand I guess.  Hopefully it's not Boston as regular playing time would be an issue now that Devers is up.

Red Sox announcers just now reported that though not official several "good sources" have reported that 3B E.Nunez has been traded to Boston from SF.  Also Nunez was seen shaking hands in the SF dugout before departing into the SF clubhouse which seems to confirm rumors.  No report what player(s) are headed to the Giants.

Nunez is Boston's back-up in case Devers can't handle every day 3B but he is also a super utility type of guy as well so Devers owners shouldn't go into panic mode, heh.

2 hours ago, RenegadeGM said:

Brewers OF Lewis Brinson was pulled in the first inning of his game tonight for the Colorado Springs Sky Sox.

Report is he's not being traded, but is rejoining the Brewers.

So now the speculation is why... likely either Braun to the DL, or Brett Phillips being traded.

8 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Report is he's not being traded, but is rejoining the Brewers.

So now the speculation is why... likely either Braun to the DL, or Brett Phillips being traded.

Yeah they are official recalling Lewis Brinson.  They could just be sending Phillips back down too though he has done well enough since he was recalled.  But my vote is for Braun having another boo-boo.  You notice how injury-prone he has become without access to his "magic pills" hah.

About the Eduardo Nunez trade there was a tweet now pulled down allegedly from Ken Rosenthal -- see Nunez thread -- that claimed Chavis and Groome going to the Giants.  No how, no way.  Either a faker or Rosenthal was out to lunch.  That would be the biggest overpay for a utility infielder rental in the history of baseball if true.

Rotoworls blurb just says:

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal confirms that Eduardo Nunez has been traded to the Red Sox.

Nunez was lifted in the fifth inning Tuesday night at AT&T Park and the Giants' television broadcast showed him sharing hugs with his teammates in the dugout. Now we know where the 30-year-old third baseman is headed. Nunez was 1-for-2 with two RBI and two runs scored in his final game with the Giants on Tuesday night against the Pirates. He's slashing .308/.334/.417 with four home runs and 18 stolen bases in 76 games this season. San Francisco will get a pair of minor league pitchers in return.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

17 hours ago, Dugout Legend said:

I'm kind of thinking the ole " mystery team" thing here ( not that the Astros are a mystery team, but don't think they are all that much linked to Darvish talks yet )and the Astros make a play. Darvish is already in Texas, probably has a home there,  could also be easier to sign him in off season. Makes sense and Astros have some prospects they can part with.

and Houston is not on his no-trade list. Neither is LA but I really think IF...IF he gets traded he'll be going to Houston. IMO.

Ken RosenthalVerified account @Ken_Rosenthal 11m11 minutes ago

Yu Darvish’s 10-team no-trade list, per sources: BAL, BOS, CHC, CLE, COL, CWS, DET, OAK, PIT, TOR. Free to go to LAD, NYY, HOU, all others.

15 minutes ago, Dugout Legend said:

and Houston is not on his no-trade list. Neither is LA but I really think IF...IF he gets traded he'll be going to Houston. IMO.

Ken RosenthalVerified account @Ken_Rosenthal 11m11 minutes ago

Yu Darvish’s 10-team no-trade list, per sources: BAL, BOS, CHC, CLE, COL, CWS, DET, OAK, PIT, TOR. Free to go to LAD, NYY, HOU, all others.

I always wonder what makes a guy choose teams to not want to go to. Some names on here seem obvious, no Boston or Chicago?

Just now, WahooManiac said:

I always wonder what makes a guy choose teams to not want to go to. Some names on here seem obvious, no Boston or Chicago?

Depends when he made his " list".  A couple years ago the Cubs ( as example ) we're not all that appealing. So need to know more information about this " list" of his. Is it in fact accurate? Is it current? etc. If the Rangers do / or have approached him about a potential trade, maybe it gets modified? etc. We don't really know and probably won't know.

I see some Manny Machado trade speculation being bandied about on Twitter. Doubtful he signs long-term after his 2018 season ( then a FA ). Think there is a legit chance the O's move him in next few days?? I

I feel it's more of the crazy rumor or " false speculation" type thing brewing but curious to know if others think it's a realistic chance he gets moved sooner rather than later?? Or do you think he does in fact sign a new long-term contract?

If they do trade him, maybe in off season?

Thoughts on any of this?

13 minutes ago, Dugout Legend said:

I see some Manny Machado trade speculation being bandied about on Twitter. Doubtful he signs long-term after his 2018 season ( then a FA ). Think there is a legit chance the O's move him in next few days?? I

I feel it's more of the crazy rumor or " false speculation" type thing brewing but curious to know if others think it's a realistic chance he gets moved sooner rather than later?? Or do you think he does in fact sign a new long-term contract?

Thoughts on any of this?

I think they ought to trade him, even if his value is not at its peak right now. As a Yankee fan it reminds me a lot of Robbie Cano's last year in New York. They should have traded him for a king's ransom, and instead he played a bunch of pretty meaningless games for them in the second half and then left for Seattle anyway. The O's have the pieces to really jump-start a rebuild, if they are bold enough to move them. Two words say they don't though, and they are "Peter Angelos"

7 hours ago, Dugout Legend said:

Thoughts on any of this?

I'd reach out to a couple of teams subtlety that I knew had the package I know I'd want for Machado and see if they are willing to do a deal now.

If no, then day one of the off-season I offer him 10/300.  If he says no he's traded for the best offer possible.