NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to think Wilson nor Hand are going to be traded.  Both teams might be asking too much.

Everyone says relievers are overrated but in the postseason when every inning counts I am not so sure.

According to MLB Network's Jon Morosi, the Dodgers are "increasingly confident" that they will acquire one of Yu Darvish, Sonny Gray or Justin Verlander ahead of Monday's trade deadline.

The Dodgers were looking to upgrade their rotation even before injuries sent Clayton Kershaw and Brandon McCarthy to the disabled list. With Kershaw facing a potentially lengthy absence, L.A.'s sense of urgency has obviously increased. Darvish, Gray and Verlander have all drawn varying degrees of interest leading up to the deadline. Out of those three, Verlander would probably be L.A.'s fall-back given his age and exorbitant salary. The Dodgers are already the best team in baseball and adding a top-flight starter would probably make them World Series favorites.

If I'm the Dodgers, Gray is my man.....
1 minute ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

where are Yu Darvish owners hoping he gets dealt? 

I'd be pumped for pretty much any new landing place, though Yankee Stadium can be unforgiving. 

I'd say universally the answer is the Dodgers. NL + park = ??

2 hours ago, chud12 said:

According to Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, the Astros have done "background work" on Ervin Santana. 
src: Mike Berardino

2 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Maybe they think he is an illegal 

An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that Ervin Santana's birth certificate is a fraud.

1 hour ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

where are Yu Darvish owners hoping he gets dealt? 

I'd be pumped for pretty much any new landing place, though Yankee Stadium can be unforgiving. 

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I'd say universally the answer is the Dodgers. NL + park = ??

LAD is the most favorable situation for any pitcher that I can remember. Not only the NL, plus a pitchers' park, but also the best offense in the NL, a renowned pitch framer in Grandal and another(Barnes) who grades out positively this year, and a lights-out bullpen. 

Edited by Rabbit Maranville
7 hours ago, CrypTviLL said:

I think Hand stays with the Padres, but wilson is likely going to go.

If Hands stay in Sd then that Gm needs to be fired. HIs value will never be higher and a rebuilding team has no need for good bullpen arms.