NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2017 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People keep this thread for MLB Trade Discussions, I had to skim past 3 pages of Cubs over paying or not over paying for a WS. 

Take that crap somewhere else. No one cares in this thread about your page long paragraphs about that. 

Trade Rumors only. 

Image result for stay woke gif

Edited by South Jersey Bombers

Just now, Backdoor Slider said:

He's signed through next year, Reed is not. Maybe they ship Reed now

Yep. Reed should be all but gone now if he wasn't already.  Ramos bridges the gap to Familia and provides insurance in case he has a setback.

6 minutes ago, RenegadeGM said:

Yep. Reed should be all but gone now if he wasn't already.  Ramos bridges the gap to Familia and provides insurance in case he has a setback.

Next year having Ramos in the 8th and Familia in 9th is pretty solid!!

15 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Weird trade...Mets only gave up basically two non prospects.

Mentioned this in the closer thread, but with Ramos due to make $10+ mil in arbitration next year, he probably has negative value for 2018. He's a closer in name only, and projects to be a mediocre reliever going forward. 

Switching gears...

I personally do not think Detroit's GM Al Avila has the guts to move the larger contracts on Detroit's payroll. He'll probably move Avila / Wilson but that's about it. I just get the hunch he won't move Verlander and be the GM that trades him away after so many years as the ace in Detroit. I get it, I understand the salary component to it all.

In my opinion he already botched the J.D. Martinez trade. He had the best RF on the market and could of taken it down to the deadline wire and IMO received a better package in return than what the Tigers received.

Now you move onto Verlander and knowing their are hurdles with the $$$ involved, I just see him shying away from it, maybe dabble in some talks just to do due diligence and say " hey, we tried to do something" etc.

6 hours ago, Rabbit Maranville said:

Mentioned this in the closer thread, but with Ramos due to make $10+ mil in arbitration next year, he probably has negative value for 2018. He's a closer in name only, and projects to be a mediocre reliever going forward. 

Agree with this 100%. I see a lot of people praising this from the Mets point of view but it looks like a pretty bad deal to me. Ramos will be 31, has a Bb/9 around 5, and a FIP around 4. If he were on the open market in the offseason he'd probably land a 2 year deal around $10 million. He'll be costing that thru arbitration next year alone for that amount. Factor in the added cost of 2 top 30 prospects and lolMets.