NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2017 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

18 hours ago, handyandy86 said:

I think this is a lot more true for fantasy than real life. If an MLB GM was changing his value of a player drastically on a game by game basis I'd be very worried. A career platoon 1B doesn't become a stud overnight - especially if he still isn't hitting LHP. 

no one has said he has become a stud. he has showed with Atlanta that he can be a power threat, like he had in previous years with St.Louis. he has still struggled against LHP just like he has I think in every season, but he has still been doing more with Atlanta than he was while not even playing much with St.Louis. that's on St.Louis for allowing his value to drop by not even playing him.

when Atlanta and St.Louis were first starting to talk trade and S.Louis had asked for a "player of value", Atlanta could have been like come on you're not even playing him he doesn't have "that value". now with Atlanta he has been playing and producing, so his value should be higher than what he was while sitting on the bench for St.Louis.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cubs gotta be just kicking tires, doubtful they'd get Fulmer, but if they did, one would think Baez would be part of the package? Crazy rumors / talks come about this time of year.

According to Peter Gammons, the Cubs have asked the Tigers about the availability of Michael Fulmer and Daniel Norris.

The Cubs are doing their due diligence with all teams, trying to figure out what's available to be had as they seek upgrades to their starting rotation. It's extremely unlikely that Fulmer is going anywhere though, as he hasn't even hit arbitration and is already performing like a top of the rotation starter.
Related: Cubs

Jul 9 - 10:24 PM

Reading a ton of rumors about the Marlins heavily scouting the Yanks farm system. Yanks are pursuing Justin Bour for 1B and apparently the Marlins are listening on Stanton. I don't think they'll move him but it's interesting. 

Also reading the Padres inquired about Gleyber Torres. Yanks are interested in Brad Hand. Obviously not for Torres but maybe they could work out a blockbuster for Wil Myers? 

How about revisiting Schwarber to play DH/1B?

I love the trade deadline, I have a feeling this will be a wild one. 

14 minutes ago, absknicks said:

The Cubs seem to have a very unrealistic view of Schwarber's value. 

some family members of mine are cubs fans. last year they werent sure if they'd trade schwarber for sale.

Just now, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

well people thought he could be a 30 home run plus hitting catcher who played some OF

now he's a 190 hitting corner OF 

He may not even be that. His outfield defense may be the very worst I've ever seen. 

2 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

It's comforting that even the great Theo Epstein makes the same bad decisions us fantasy managers make.

Shoulda sold high off that rookie year....

eh he can always declare Jason Heyward as his biggest F up

hard to top

Edited by XxxOilOverloadxxX

I love that this 3 months of Schwarber's struggles have people so convinced that none of his time in the minors, none of his rookie year, none of his 2015 playoff performance, none of his 2016 WS performance mean anything. Nope just the last 3 months, he's now worthless.

16 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

some family members of mine are cubs fans. last year they werent sure if they'd trade schwarber for sale.

To be fair, Schwarber's ERA is lower than Sale's.

Oh wait, that's his batting average...

7 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

I love that this 3 months of Schwarber's struggles have people so convinced that none of his time in the minors, none of his rookie year, none of his 2015 playoff performance, none of his 2016 WS performance mean anything. Nope just the last 3 months, he's now worthless.

triggered Cubs fan.SAD!

8 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Just curious- what do you see his current value as? 

If you say he started the year at some number like 100, I'd say right now he's 70-75. If he comes back from the ASB raking and driving balls up the middle then that value is going to come back real fast.

Just now, Tryptamine said:

If you say he started the year at some number like 100, I'd say right now he's 70-75. If he comes back from the ASB raking and driving balls up the middle then that value is going to come back real fast.

Like 70-75th best asset in baseball? Sorry just a bit confused