NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RotoGenius said:

When Melky Cabrera serves as a source of excitement, it's time to try drugs.  

When he is replacing .201/.294/.298 hitting Alex Gordon it is a source of excitement.

Edited by B&F

The Astros better do something to shore up their starting staff, they could waste a good year by not having pitching in the playoffs, as we all know good pitching beats good hitting, just ask the Jays, instead their hoarding prospects, stupid move IMO

On 7/28/2017 at 5:00 AM, afgolfman666 said:

Eloy Jimenez and Dylan Cease is an absolute haul for Quintana....Jimenez does have the potential to be a franchise changing player.

A guy who barely can hit over the mendoza line, will strikeout out 200+ times a year.....but hit's the ball 500 ft on occasion is not a franchise changing player (Gallo).  I get the power.....but his value goes down when power is up throughout all of MLB.

I like the players that the Sox got but his value also went down from last year is my point from the bad year that he had on a bad rebuilding team is my point. Hand is a relief pitcher that is reliant on the team giving him chances to close or get hold. His value in money wise will only go up for the Padres with him closing games which they will not want to pay probably. Banking in on his value and getting a good prospect that can help them should be the priority was my point.

1 hour ago, azeri98 said:

The Astros better do something to shore up their starting staff, they could waste a good year by not having pitching in the playoffs, as we all know good pitching beats good hitting, just ask the Jays, instead their hoarding prospects, stupid move IMO

Playoffs you don't really need a great starting staff. A good bullpen is more important and with Devinski/Peacock they can start locking down games after around the fourth inning. 

Just now, Dugout Legend said:

Melk Man to Royals.

The #WhiteSox have acquired RHP A.J. Puckett & LHP Andre Davis from the Royals in exchange for Melky Cabrera & cash considerations.

It amazes me that the White Sox can actually move a Melky while other teams can't move better players to save their behinds.  Got to hand it to the Pale Hose.  They are getting back enough prospects to stock a couple of farms and have moved pretty much anyone moveable other than Abreu and Rodon.

Just now, DJSatane said:

PLEASE NO! AL only leagues will cry when justin wilson goes to cubs! ;)

LOL!  I love it when players go between leagues and these one league only leagues owners start wringing their hands.  I imagine many an AL Only League had despondent owners when the Tigers traded away JD.

13 minutes ago, pierceNKC said:

Is Yates presumably to take over in SD if Hand is dealt?

Seems that way but everything I'm reading makes it seem like Hand is staying put unless the asking price comes down significantly in the next ~16 hours. 

Its done . Justin Wilson  traded to the Cubs !

Cubs acquire reliever Justin Wilson, catcher Alex Avila in trade with Tigers

ESPN "The Chicago Cubs have acquired Detroit Tigers closer Justin Wilson and catcher Alex Avila in exchange for minor league infielders Jeimer Candelario and Isaac Paredes, according to a source familiar with the situation. The Cubs will be sending Detroit a player to be named later or cash as part of..." July 31

Edited by motown magic

When will the SP dominoes fall? 

Interested to see what the Astros do today. If Yankees grab Gray, Dodgers & Astros may be bidding for Darvish. And whoever misses out, do they cave and deal for Verlander (who threw 6 shutout v. HOU yesterday)?

Addison Reed all but gone today? Does he end up in BOS? 

Doesn't seem like many bats will be moved today. A possibility Bruce or Granderson dealt.