NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2017 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

1 hour ago, motown magic said:

Do we really know which teams are talking ? I remember Prince Fielder being traded to the Tigers . That trade came out of nowhere. There are some GM's that hold their cards close to the chest. I just thought WTF ? After four days off? Time will tell

Good memory but he was traded to Texas. Fielder signed with DET as a free agent.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be the same is happening in leagues . Already had two drop out in a 12 team AL only 

Looks like we could see more trades made before the deadline and maybe a somewhat quiet 31st 

Elary bird gets the worm. Never understood why teams waited until the last day - hour - minute to  make a deal. 

16 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

Tucker removed from Corpus Christi game tonight, non-injury related

Yordan Alvarez was also scratched from the lineup today. Wouldn't be surprised if a major trade is announced tomorrow with a top starter going to Houston. 

2 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

I couldn't imagine JD Martinez in a D backs uniform hitting in that lineup in that park

hope they pull the trigger

I couldn't imagine JD in a D-Back uni either.  They already have like two dozen outfielders on the Snakes already.  I'd like JD to keep playing every day.

Houston rumor is getting real real interesting.

On 7/13/2017 at 3:13 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Texas says it is open to possibly moving Darvish and/or Hamels.  Cubs should have saved their ammo.

With Texas announcing they are sellers I suppose that means Napoli is available real cheap.  Maybe half their bullpen aka the Ranger Dumpster Fire.  Don't know who else.

Doubtful Cubs would of made a play for Darvish anyway. They were looking for " controlled" SP in a deal with both Lackey and Arrieta FA's at end of season. They want to upgrade for their run but at same time think about next year and beyond with some of these deals they are looking at potentially doing such as the Quintana deal.

46 minutes ago, Csiebert5 said:

Rockies interested in JD Martinez. Interesting as they have 5 guys for 3 outfield spots as it. Maybe they want a righty since all their outfielders are lefties. Maybe Tapia or Dahl involved in the trade?

I think they are offering Tapia or Dahl but only if the Tigers take CarGo off their hands 

11 minutes ago, jb_power said:

I think they are offering Tapia or Dahl but only if the Tigers take CarGo off their hands 

Cargo is an expiring contract. So that shouldn't really be to much of a hurdle