NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Theo Riddick 2017 Season Outlook

dashoe

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:20 PM, Geaux Saints said:

I think I'm going to start Riddick next week as my RB2 in PPR. Lynch is @Denver and has been unimpressive. Riddick is also one of those weird players that actually produces more against good teams (they're at the Vikings next week). Here's hoping he'll be more involved after 2 quiet games.

I was thinking the same except this game could possibly be low scoring with how good minn defense is and they are still use Abdullah a good amount. I dot think  I can start Riddick in the immediate future, his upside is so limited.. he will get his 6 points most likely

The 9 targets were nice last week but Riddick has been a major disappointment so far in my full point PPR league and if he doesn't score that TD week 1 well then. He averaged a hefty 14 points per last year when he played so yea I am not pleased right now. Chris Thompson is doing what I thought Riddick would do this year minus the rushing stats... 

Just now, chud12 said:

The 9 targets were nice last week but Riddick has been a major disappointment so far in my full point PPR league and if he doesn't score that TD week 1 well then. He averaged a hefty 14 points per last year when he played so yea I am not pleased right now. Chris Thompson is doing what I thought Riddick would do this year minus the rushing stats... 

I dropped him for a Lotto RB. Can't count on him. He's basically a handcuff. 

9 hours ago, chud12 said:

I just can't cut Riddick in my format, just can't. 

Same here...but I don't need him.  He's my backup to my starters.  

And really it's not about cutting him.  It's taking the chance he lands on someone else's team as a starter because Ameer gets hurt then blows up rest of the year.

Edited by theSPANKER

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Can you elaborate?  Do you expect Riddick to take over a lot of snaps in the slot or do those go to T. Jones?

I expect Riddick to be the #1 read on short and intermediate routs that Tate would usually occupy.

Edited by Br0kenB

I have both Riddick and Abdullah in one league and am rolling Riddick this week.  With Tate looking doubtful and I expect the Steelers to be in the lead for most of the game, I can see this leading to a solid day for Riddick racking up catches and touches.

Picked this cat up and I'm rolling him out as a flex this week. I'm surprised that he hasn't been more involved. I was looking back at some of his game logs from last year. He had some really nice PPR games. Even had 5 receiving TDs despite missing 6 games. He has to bust out some time, right? Well no, but I feel good about him this week for some reason...because it's fantasy football. It doesn't make sense most weeks. 

49 minutes ago, RxD said:

Picked this cat up and I'm rolling him out as a flex this week. I'm surprised that he hasn't been more involved. I was looking back at some of his game logs from last year. He had some really nice PPR games. Even had 5 receiving TDs despite missing 6 games. He has to bust out some time, right? Well no, but I feel good about him this week for some reason...because it's fantasy football. It doesn't make sense most weeks. 

He is on my starting team this week, so you can expect 3 points 

Hasn’t topped 7 TOUCHES (rushing or receiving) in a game since Week 2. He’s been phased out of the offense, and there are too many mouths to feed. 

We’re all holding onto last year’s usage, and it’s just not happening. 

Time to move on, there are better fliers to take.  

27 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Hasn’t topped 7 TOUCHES (rushing or receiving) in a game since Week 2. He’s been phased out of the offense, and there are too many mouths to feed. 

We’re all holding onto last year’s usage, and it’s just not happening. 

Time to move on, there are better fliers to take.  

Snap count percentage from Sunday

AA - 45.1%
Riddick - 42.3%
Washington - 19.7%

Yet, AA touched the ball 14 times, Riddick 6 times, and Washington 7 times. Washington was on the field for 14 offensive plays. 

Usage for season, player touches/snap count

AA usage is 61% (132 touches out of 217 snaps)

Riddick 24% (47 touches out of 195 snaps)

Washington 46% (active 3 games) (16 touches out of 35 snaps)

Zenner 23% (active 4 games) (10 touches out of 44 snaps)