Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Corey Coleman 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure Cory is all that good.  I picked him up last season when he came back from injury and he underwhelmed. Not sure Kizer can produce with Coleman or Gordon either. Jackson wanted a trade for McCarron so obviously he has little confidence in Kizer too.

Edited by Red Dog
Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot find a trade for Beckham in my two player keeper league and have bell to keep with my first round pick (Beckham would also be a second). Worth swapping Beckham for Coleman on my it you guys think? Someone else will probably pick up Beckham and keep him but as everyone knows I won't keep him, no one will trade.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my eye on Coleman as a stash but see little point in it now.  He was questionable at best as a hold with that offense but if Gordon comes back that just further muddies his already questionable outlook.

 

Really no point to owning him in redraft leagues IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, XG87 said:

I cannot find a trade for Beckham in my two player keeper league and have bell to keep with my first round pick (Beckham would also be a second). Worth swapping Beckham for Coleman on my it you guys think? Someone else will probably pick up Beckham and keep him but as everyone knows I won't keep him, no one will trade.

 

This is a question for the assistant coach forum. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I had my eye on Coleman as a stash but see little point in it now.  He was questionable at best as a hold with that offense but if Gordon comes back that just further muddies his already questionable outlook.

 

Really no point to owning him in redraft leagues IMO.

 

I don't see Gordon as affecting Coleman all that much - in fact I think it might help. The Browns have nobody to throw to. If Gordon plays at all it will be on a wing and a prayer, and he will draw some coverage - for a while at least. May free up some space for Coleman and Duke.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People have been saying here that he is eligible to return to games Week 11, however Rotoworld’s Daily Dose yesterday stated that he can return to practice Week 10, and games Week 12. 

 

Seriously downgrades his ROS outlook if you’re losing yet another week out of him, not to mention only getting him for 1 week before Gordon’s return. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UVA_Drew said:

People have been saying here that he is eligible to return to games Week 11, however Rotoworld’s Daily Dose yesterday stated that he can return to practice Week 10, and games Week 12. 

 

Seriously downgrades his ROS outlook if you’re losing yet another week out of him, not to mention only getting him for 1 week before Gordon’s return. 

 

I thought the rule was you could return after 8 weeks, and start practicing with the team after 6 weeks. He got hurt week 2, so started his IR stint week 3. That would mean he could start practicing in week 9, and return week 11. They're on bye right now so that could be why he's not practicing, but he may still be able to return week 11.

 

If the rule is you have to miss 8 games, not weeks, then rotoworld's timeline would seem to be right because there's a bye in there.

 

I don't know what the correct answer is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Held him as long as i could in IR slot but Josh is Great and Josh is Good.  Coleman went bye bye to the waiver because I trust Gordon more than I do Colemans hand.  this is the second season he has the same hand injury. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find the lack of clarity in his return date maddening.  How doesn't anyone plugged into the NFL or on the beat know definitively when he's eligible to return to a game?  I've literally seen Week 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 from different folks.

 

Rotoworld initially said eligible to return to practice in 6 weeks, and game in 8 weeks, which would put him game ready by week 10.  Yahoo also has his game projections beginning on week 10.  But I'm seeing Week 12 all over the place as well.

 

What is the official week he can play in a game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

I find the lack of clarity in his return date maddening.  How doesn't anyone plugged into the NFL or on the beat know definitively when he's eligible to return to a game?  I've literally seen Week 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 from different folks.

 

Rotoworld initially said eligible to return to practice in 6 weeks, and game in 8 weeks, which would put him game ready by week 10.  Yahoo also has his game projections beginning on week 10.  But I'm seeing Week 12 all over the place as well.

 

What is the official week he can play in a game?

 

I'm with ya man. I have no clue and there's been no indication at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

so is this the guy to own over gordon?

 

Corey Coleman (hand) is eligible to return to game action in Week 11.

Coleman was designated as one of the Browns' return players from injured reserve on Monday, opening a three-week practice window. He'll likely be activated when first eligible in Week 11 against the Jaguars. That's a brutal matchup to return to, but Coleman is well worth a flier in all formats. He should immediately slide in as the Browns' No. 1 receiver.
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2017 at 8:59 PM, Baldy8 said:

I just dropped him from my IR. rule #1 for me in fantasy now is to not roster any Browns. The kid has talent but the team, qb and coach are terrible. 

 

 

Funny i dropped him too to pick up woodhead but coleamn can be a volume fantasy producer regardless fo teh qb situation because he has the talent to be a difference maker.

good luck to those that held onto him this long

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't see Coleman being worth the pickup unless you are super desperate or just want an end of bench stash in a deep league.

 

Terrible offense, terrible QB, totally unplayable poor matchup Week 11, Gordon likely back in Week 13, potential for poor weather games in Weeks 14, 15, 16.

 

Been debating him myself but really not seeing much to like.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Browns' Corey Coleman: Says he's fully healthy
24M AGO  By RotoWire Staff

Coleman, who resumed practicing Monday, said his fractured right hand has fully healed, Patrick Maks of the Browns' official site reports. Assuming Coleman endures no setbacks while getting his conditioning his order and catching passes Wednesday through Friday, it sounds as though he plans on playing Sunday against the Lions. Earlier this week, the Browns designated Coleman as one of their two players eligible to return from IR this season, which affords the team up to 21 days to activate the receiver. While that may prompt the team to act cautiously with Coleman and hold him out Sunday, if the Browns agree with the wideout's own assessment of his health by the time the weekend arrives, it would seem more likely that not that he would suit up for the contest.

 

I guess he could actually play this week ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:
Browns' Corey Coleman: Says he's fully healthy
24M AGO  By RotoWire Staff

Coleman, who resumed practicing Monday, said his fractured right hand has fully healed, Patrick Maks of the Browns' official site reports. Assuming Coleman endures no setbacks while getting his conditioning his order and catching passes Wednesday through Friday, it sounds as though he plans on playing Sunday against the Lions. Earlier this week, the Browns designated Coleman as one of their two players eligible to return from IR this season, which affords the team up to 21 days to activate the receiver. While that may prompt the team to act cautiously with Coleman and hold him out Sunday, if the Browns agree with the wideout's own assessment of his health by the time the weekend arrives, it would seem more likely that not that he would suit up for the contest.

 

I guess he could actually play this week ?

 

whoah...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...