NBC Sports Edge Forums

Corey Coleman 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Kizer has missed him more than any other player. They sure appeared to have a report together. Game scripts should set up Coleman for an easy 8-12 targets a game and just need to hit a deep shot for him to be an awfully nice WR3 down the stretch. It is tough to have to bench him for the next 2 weeks but it could be worth it if you have a spot and are focused on playoffs-

9 hours ago, youngrice said:

Yeah I'm confused multiple sites say he could play this week and could use him in a league.  Anybody know what is the truth??

Desgignated this week eligible to play next week

59 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I think Kizer has missed him more than any other player. They sure appeared to have a report together. Game scripts should set up Coleman for an easy 8-12 targets a game and just need to hit a deep shot for him to be an awfully nice WR3 down the stretch. It is tough to have to bench him for the next 2 weeks but it could be worth it if you have a spot and are focused on playoffs-

I've rewatched some pre-season games/highlights. The second the ball was snapped. Kizer just stares at Coleman. First read every play. 

Coleman is a great add in PPR. 

this "report" epidemic is rampant here and on reddit. 

It's "rapport" --- a 17th century French word that translates roughly to "bring back" (thanks, Google)

anyhow, I think Coleman has high end WR2 skills right now. The problem of course, is we don't know what we'll get from Kizer.

Will he pepper Coleman with targets each week, or will Coleman disappear with duds of 2 catches for 23 yards?

I studied his Baylor tape vigorously last year, and was left thinking his upside was a tantalizing combination of Brandin Cooks and Anquan Boldin. That is, if Kizer doesn't take a fat Cleveland Brown all over Coleman's fantasy appeal.

That said, I'm a little higher on Kizer than most. I think he's  going to bust through this learning curve in style.... eventually. 

In redrafts-- particularly 10-teamers-- I'm not in a huge rush to add Coleman. I'd still rather have Doctson. 

There is certainly 2nd half breakout-appeal if you need a lottery ticket though. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

How many IR slots are you allowed in your league?  

That's a very good question.  I have 9 starters, 8 currently on my bench (9 man bench normally) and four on IR.  I tried adding someone to bring my bench up to 9 and it said I would be over the maximum roster limit.

So I guess with a full team of 18 I would have 3.

15 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

Browns local paper says Week 11.

NFL.com says he’s eligible to play this week as well.

He has been designated to come off of IR this week but he hasnt been activated yet. So he is eligible for the game against the jaguars. Teams have 3 weeks to activate a player from the IR.

Edited by dashoe
1 minute ago, urban2014 said:

If he doesn’t start this week, you can’t start him vs the Jags D

Garbage-time hero in the making...

... also, with Coleman's history in the NFL thus far, he'll take the field, net 80 yards and two TDs, and leave the game with a broken fibula or tibula.

10 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Garbage-time hero in the making...

... also, with Coleman's history in the NFL thus far, he'll take the field, net 80 yards and two TDs, and leave the game with a broken fibula or tibula.

Isn't Ramsey too proud of a shutdown corner to just coast in the 4th and give up easy gains? I feel Ramsey plays the full 60 minutes and gives it his 110% from what I have seen of him. 

16 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

why kind of weekly targets are you expecting?

in standard, do you think he'll be more valuable than a Cooper Kupp type?

Hard to say if he'll be more valuable than Kupp but he definitely has the upside. He had 6 targets week 1, then 7 week 2. And there's nobody else on CLE. He's the #1 option.

15 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Isn't Ramsey too proud of a shutdown corner to just coast in the 4th and give up easy gains? I feel Ramsey plays the full 60 minutes and gives it his 110% from what I have seen of him. 

Of course he's a 110%er, he's a 'Nole...

but his desire to shut down WRs until the end probably has more to do with his love of head games: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000874114/article/jalen-ramsey-on-aj-green-i-told-him-he-was-soft

17 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Of course he's a 110%er, he's a 'Nole...

but his desire to shut down WRs until the end probably has more to do with his love of head games: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000874114/article/jalen-ramsey-on-aj-green-i-told-him-he-was-soft

Head games + his desire to be the best at his position. 

24 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Hard to say if he'll be more valuable than Kupp but he definitely has the upside. He had 6 targets week 1, then 7 week 2. And there's nobody else on CLE. He's the #1 option.

kupp is a dice roll unreliable week to week because goff spreads the ball around quite a bit. So on any given week u may find him waiver added and dropped   I couldnt trust him in my lineup unless i wa confident about matchup usage and it was a bye week. Next year i will draft him with confidence. . B)