NBC Sports Edge Forums

Corey Coleman 2017 Season Outlook

Interesting development:

"Los Angeles Chargers cornerback Casey Hayward has left the team to be with his family after his brother's death in a car accident.  Coach Anthony Lynn says he doesn't know whether Hayward will return for Sunday's game against Cleveland."

Their other starting CB is already on IR.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Nap Time said:

Interesting development:

"Los Angeles Chargers cornerback Casey Hayward has left the team to be with his family after his brother's death in a car accident.  Coach Anthony Lynn says he doesn't know whether Hayward will return for Sunday's game against Cleveland."

Their other starting CB is already on IR.

Wow. Ugh that sucks for him and his family. It will be purely his call whether to play or not - who knows in a situation like this. Funeral would be either Saturday or Sunday.

A few weeks back Hurns went 7/70 and Lee went 6/65/1 on 20 targets against SD, is Bortles really that much better than Kizer?

The biggest mistake I have made this year is overvaluing my players opposing D's, this smells like another case of it.

Casey Hayward coverage stats
54 targets
50 percent completion rate
379 yards
Two TDs, four INTs
54.5 passer rating

While most of the NFL world knows of Hayward's exploits since donning the powder blue thanks to his shadow shutdown coverage on a handful of top wideouts, some may not know that Los Angeles has found an excellent running mate for him. A 2016 undrafted free agent out of Penn State, Trevor Williams has emerged as a terrific addition to the Chargers' secondary.

Trevor Williams coverage stats
54 targets
48.1 percent completion rate
380 yards
Three TDs, two INTs
74.6 passer rating

The pure talent of Corey Coleman and the volume headed his way make for the perfect combination in the search of a breakout player. He's the type of sleeper you want to bet on in fantasy football. Week 13 holds a challenging cornerback matchup whether he sees Hayward or Williams across the field. We'll know much more about where Coleman is in his development at the conclusion of his duel with this duo.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000000885613/article/corey-coleman-in-a-week-13-fantasy-sleeper-matchup?campaign=tw-fa-sf174972984-sf174972984&sf174972984=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

3 hours ago, affliction said:

27-10 Chargers win. Crowell with the lone Td of the game vs CLE.

:unsure:

what's the point of posting this? really

whether or not Hayward plays, RW blurb writer thinks he will be on Gordon (most of the time at least)

a couple of the Next Gen Stats guys i follow on twitter love coleman this week

This could be The Game That Was Promised.

7529.jpg

Chargers CB Casey Hayward (calf, personal) is questionable for Week 13 against the Browns.

Hayward has been away from the team following the death of his brother, who passed away in a car accident earlier this week. It's a devastating loss for Hayward and his family, but the star cornerback still expects to play against Cleveland. We imagine he'll see a lot of Josh Gordon on Sunday.
Dec 1 - 3:39 PM
Edited by Anteater99
2 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Prime bounce back game incoming week 14 at home vs hapless Packers. Even with Gordon.

I dont know man. The Packers are playing for something and locked up Mike Evans Desean Jackson and Winston.

On 11/29/2017 at 7:27 AM, affliction said:

Dont feel very confident playing him. chargers have been locking up WR's

In all fairness Chargers put double coverage on Colean and had hayward single on Josh. Kizer is not good enough to throw into double coverage or even hit an opne man consistently in single coverage.

I expect that to shift going forward as teams double up on Josh and risk Coelman burning them similar to defenses covering fuller and hopkins  when deshaun was QB.

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

In all fairness Chargers put double coverage on Colean and had hayward single on Josh. Kizer is not good enough to throw into double coverage or even hit an opne man consistently in single coverage.

I expect that to shift going forward as teams double up on Josh and risk Coelman burning them similar to defenses covering fuller and hopkins  when deshaun was QB.

Excellent point and thanks. I was unable to watch the game and was wondering if anyone who did was able to elicit anything useful in terms of his usage going forward. I have CC in a bunch of leagues as I was (still am) a believer in his talent and target share. Once we found out about JG coming back I was a bit worried if the tgts would sway more towards JG. But knowing that CC's ugly game was a product of being double covered has me at least cautiously optimistic that he could be an ok flex option to end the year as coverage schemes move toward JG. What was also interesting for me was the emergence of Njoku - so look out now we could potentially have 3 relevant options in a Kizer led Browns offense! OK- I should clarify CC is definitely a risk - and is probably better off on the bench but I'd be hesitant to cut him outright unless playing in a shallow league- I still think he could be a relevant flex in deeper leagues. 

Edited by DidiFan