Corey Coleman 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Br0kenB said:

I love him with Kizer. They'll likely be behind a lot of the time and that line is good enough to give Kizer some time and for Coleman to get down the field.

kizer also ca buy time with his legs

15 hours ago, Vendetta said:

He's going way too late relative to his potential.

I really like what im seeing from CC this preseason. Kizer loves throwing to him and they have built a connection according to CC. I think he gets a lot of targets this year and will produce borderline WR2 numbers considering the browns will be in catch up mode in most games....thoughts?

Pryor was WR23 last year in PPR on 140 targets.  (I removed rushing and passing stats as Pryor got some strange run as a QB in gimmicks packages mid-season.)  140 targets is a lot of volume, but Pryor was a bit unlucky with only 4 TD receptions on that volume.  It wouldn't stun me to see Coleman get enough junk targets (not 140, but maybe 125) and a little more TD luck than Pryor had to be around WR23 this season as a ceiling.  

With CLE committed to the run, plus Duke catching dump offs, Britt being there, and presumably they will want to give some target share (not huge, but some) to Njoku to integrate him into the offense, I just don't see a gigantic target number.  But Coleman has the pedigree to at least be a useful player in spots this year.  If you are drafting him I think hoping for WR2 upside is possible but perhaps a bridge too far.  Still a useful property.

12 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Pryor was WR23 last year in PPR on 140 targets.  (I removed rushing and passing stats as Pryor got some strange run as a QB in gimmicks packages mid-season.)  140 targets is a lot of volume, but Pryor was a bit unlucky with only 4 TD receptions on that volume.  It wouldn't stun me to see Coleman get enough junk targets (not 140, but maybe 125) and a little more TD luck than Pryor had to be around WR23 this season as a ceiling.  

With CLE committed to the run, plus Duke catching dump offs, Britt being there, and presumably they will want to give some target share (not huge, but some) to Njoku to integrate him into the offense, I just don't see a gigantic target number.  But Coleman has the pedigree to at least be a useful player in spots this year.  If you are drafting him I think hoping for WR2 upside is possible but perhaps a bridge too far.  Still a useful property.

great analysis! I really believe he has the potential but health is an issue as noted above. He made some Sick catches this last preseason game.

I got him in the 12th round of my draft so he is currently my wr 4/5..im just hoping he breaks out this year

14 minutes ago, jdegs7 said:

No idea how this guy's adp is so low.... he's a good bet to hit better numbers than the ones Pryor put up last year

You're betting that he'll top Pryor's Top 20 WR numbers from last year? PM me, I'd love to set that one up.

He's a nice gamble where he's going but let's keep our support within the realms of reality.

6 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

You're betting that he'll top Pryor's Top 20 WR numbers from last year? PM me, I'd love to set that one up.

He's a nice gamble where he's going but let's keep our support within the realms of reality.

1000 yards with like 4TDs?

Might not be hard for Coleman with Kizer throwing the rock.

Pryor was catching passes from Kevin Hogan and co. Lol.

Just about every season, a sophomore or even rookie WR (or two) breaks out big.  Based on his eye-test audtions last season and this PS, Coleman is on my short list of nominees this year.  

It doesn't matter that Coleman carries a late-round ADP.  If he's really the stud that Cleveland drafted him to be, his breakout won't be any less impactful for you simply because you paid next to nothing to acquire him.  Expect big things from Coleman or move on to the next option.

Last year's stats extrapolated over a full season would have come out to 53/661/5. Does it knock your socks off, no, but if you're getting him in the later rounds I see room for growth. Hopefully better QB play from Kizer, some targets up for grabs and hopefully a clean slate of health. 

If he does something like 65/810/6... you could do worse out of your flex.

Of all the guys available real late, he has the best chance to go off with 80/1000/8 or better.  Robby Anderson would be another candidate if the Jets had a QB.

Jones, Matthews, Hogan, Thielen and all the others being drafted in Coleman's neck of the woods have pretty hard ceilings IMO.  If Coleman isn't the stud he was originally projected to be, such that those other guys marginally out perform him, it won't bother me a bit.  When the 8th round of a 12 teamer rolls around, I begin looking for the one guy who makes 2017 the year he joins the ranks of next season's top 20 WRs.  Coleman has the best chance to be that guy, so that is why he is at the top of my late-round shopping list.  Every season I give thanks to all the folks who see more value in Marvin Jones' or Adam Thielen's floors than Coleman's ceiling.

Edited by Rolling Thunder
2 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Of all the guys available real late, he has the best chance to go off with 80/1000/8 or better.  Robby Anderson would be another candidate if the Jets had a QB.

Jones, Matthews, Hogan, Thielen and all the others being drafted in Coleman's neck of the woods have pretty hard ceilings IMO.  If Coleman isn't the stud he was originally projected to be, such that those other guys marginally out perform him, it won't bother me a bit.  When the 8th round of a 12 teamer rolls around, I begin looking for the one guy who makes 2017 the year he joins the ranks of next season's top 20 WRs.  Coleman has the best chance to be that guy, so that is why he is at the top of my late-round shopping list.  Every season I give thanks to all the folks who see more value in Marvin Jones' or Adam Thielen's floors than Coleman's ceiling.

So we are already sure Kizer is better than McCown? You make some great points, and I'm not saying I'd rather have Robby Anderson, but we still have to consider the Browns' QB situation a negative for Coleman.  

I got Coleman late for his breakout potential, but we have to be realistic about Kizer's ability to support a consistent WR in fantasy.

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I got Coleman late for his breakout potential, but we have to be realistic about Kizer's ability to support a consistent WR in fantasy.

The point is you don't have to be realistic at all in the 10th round and beyond in a 12 teamer.  That is precisely the time to begin dreaming . . . intelligently that is.

5 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

The point is you don't have to be realistic at all in the 10th round and beyond in a 12 teamer.  That is precisely the time to begin dreaming . . . intelligently that is.

You just said you're looking at him starting in the 8th round, and you said Robby Anderson would be a similar breakout candidate if the Jets had a QB.

I'm simply pointing out the fact that we have absolutely no idea if the Browns have a QB.  Also, IMO, the 8th is too early.

7 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

You just said you're looking at him starting in the 8th round, and you said Robby Anderson would be a similar breakout candidate if the Jets had a QB.

I'm simply pointing out the fact that we have absolutely no idea if the Browns have a QB.  Also, IMO, the 8th is too early.

You misread my post.  I said I look for ceiling busters beginning in the 8th.  Some years, you have to be willing to take one there.  I didn't say I'd look for Coleman there.  He can be had in round 10 or beyond in 12 teamers.  That is why he is the late round flier of choice IMO.  Guys like Parker cost twice as much.

4 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Where are all the targets in Cleveland going to go? Pryor, the quintessential definition of an unpolished product, killed it last year with some CFL worthy quarterbacks throwing the rock to him. Coleman is an immense talent with an immense role in an ideal situation - I think sky is the limit for him. I easily think he can hit the 1000 yard mark and get five-eight touchdowns.

9 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

You misread my post.  I said I look for ceiling busters beginning in the 8th.  Some years, you have to be willing to take one there.  I didn't say I'd look for Coleman there.  He can be had in round 10 or beyond in 12 teamers.  That is why he is the late round flier of choice IMO.  Guys like Parker cost twice as much.

Fair enough. 

However, I'd still put the Browns' QB situation on the same dire level as the Jets.  Hopefully Kizer proves me wrong and feeds a healthy Coleman some accurate passes all year long.

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Fair enough. 

However, I'd still put the Browns' QB situation on the same dire level as the Jets.  Hopefully Kizer proves me wrong and feeds a healthy Coleman some accurate passes all year long.

I think Kizer will be a decent option this year for the browns and i think he will rely alot on Coleman...see article below

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Corey-Coleman-eager-to-get-to-work-with-DeShone-Kizer-Thats-my-guy/5394c2c4-faac-42e3-b2ef-3665a4b8baf2