NBC Sports Edge Forums

Corey Coleman 2017 Season Outlook

14 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Fair enough. 

However, I'd still put the Browns' QB situation on the same dire level as the Jets.  Hopefully Kizer proves me wrong and feeds a healthy Coleman some accurate passes all year long.

If nothing else, watching Kizer in the preseason has shown he's not scared to throw downfield. He launched the ball 20+ yards on like 3-4 consecutive plays at one point in their last preseason game. None of the Jets QBs have running ability either. Kizer is the perfect QB for what Coleman supposedly does best. Coleman is going to get more than enough chances to put up 1000/5 type numbers if he truly has that ability and stays healthy.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

I didn't watch any of the Browns preseason games, but from these three plays you can really tell they have chemistry.

TPWZsB3.gif

KWw3M9C.gif

Zu5ImxA.gif

JIJQimJ.gif

Those are some great, in traffic, catches. 

How are people ranking him vs high floor guys like Cobb or other unknown hyped players like Zay Jones?

2 hours ago, rasto21585 said:

Curious what's his upside this year and who would you compare him to?

Player profiler compares him physically to Odell Beckham based on his size, weight and athleticism.  He obviously doesn't have Beckham's hands but the kid has an X factor to him.  Having Kizer as the starter makes me even more excited about him.  

8 hours ago, tywalson said:

Those are some great, in traffic, catches. 

How are people ranking him vs high floor guys like Cobb or other unknown hyped players like Zay Jones?

I like Cobb for a bounce back this year, and got him on the same team I drafted Coleman.  I had to grab him 4 rounds earlier though.  Coleman is way under the radar right now, but he's moving up.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about Zay Jones to make an accurate comparison, but I can tell you he went before Coleman in my draft.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
8 hours ago, Steelers0087 said:

Has some Odell in him

Yup. They both have excellent burst score as well as catch radius and very good 40 yard times. Coleman actually has a higher college dominance score as well as SPARQ-X score than OBJ.

JDN8eRX.png

zgvHQ0t.png

1 minute ago, ponchsox said:

Surprised his agility score is rock bottom. I guess that's what makes Beckham a generational talent at the position.

It isn't rock bottom. It just isn't listed as he probably didn't do the agility drill at pro day or whenever the results are from. If you watch any Coleman tape, you would see he has exceptional stop-start ability as well as acceleration. 

3 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Surprised his agility score is rock bottom. I guess that's what makes Beckham a generational talent at the position.

I cant tell if you're being serious or not.  I'm pretty sure Coleman has no agility score because he either didn't do the test, or the score wasn't included.

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

I cant tell if you're being serious or not.  I'm pretty sure Coleman has no agility score because he either didn't do the test, or the score wasn't included.

Hadn't thought of that. They should put N/A next to the score it makes him look like he performed poorly in that category.

2 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Hadn't thought of that. They should put N/A next to the score it makes him look like he performed poorly in that category.

How does it make him look like he performed poorly when no score is given? I don't see any number listed, do you?

4 hours ago, burninglegs said:

How does it make him look like he performed poorly when no score is given? I don't see any number listed, do you?

I assumed he was so fast on the agility test that they couldn't even see him perform and thus left it blank.

A little disappointing that the season schedule for the Browns doesn't feature many high-caliber offenses, but still. I found this guy on waivers in a 12-team league and with all this talk of chemistry and whatnot, it's hard not to get hyped.

I rostered the guy last year and was hoping for a breakout that never really came... Injury and QB situation hampered him dramatically so I hopped back on this year with 2 shares in very late rounds, priced real nice. Signed on to this thread, hoping to ride it out and celebrate a bit in here when he blows up! 

3 hours ago, David Aames said:

the browns do think very highly of kenny britt though...they think he is the next pryor

They also drafted coleman with their 1st round pick so...

Kenny britt has never shown that he can be that kind of guy.