NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Corey Coleman 2017 Season Outlook

8 minutes ago, Bahubali said:

Sometimes exceptional talent beats stingy defenses.

Last nights outing showed exactly that. Hill torched Butler and Hunt had an all time great debut.

Coleman received many comparisons to OBJ coming out of college. Hes healthy, has a QB who probably will force feed him the ball, a respectable running game and a decent WR on the other side of the field to take some pressure off of him.

A worthy flex start at worse.

I agree.  I now believe he is the one to own in standard leagues. 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, TennisMenace said:

I agree.  I now believe he is the one to own in standard leagues. 

I dont think Britt is much of a threat and thats not solely based on Colemans draft pick. Coleman is simply better whereas Britt is a journeyman, although a decent one.

4 hours ago, Steelers0087 said:

The guy to own in Cleveland 

Yup...probably. I went to a couple of the pre-season games and it was pretty clear that this was the case, it just needed to be seen in a real game. For me, the single most encouraging facet was that they went to him at the goal-line...and it worked. I didn't expect that, and that's a nice bonus. We already know that he's going to be used in possession and down the field, so if he gets redzone looks as well then sweet.

You still wonder how he'll fare if Kizer goes down, or when teams get some proper film on Kizer & the Browns. I can't say WR2 yet.

Just now, JrsKars said:

is Colenman the WR to own in Cleveland until they figure out whats going on with Josh Gordon

I wouldn't bet anything on Josh Gordon...if he is reinstated i assume Cleveland would trade him..they are a young team and don't need drama that Gordon brings. Coleman is rising to the occasion and he looks really good out there

3 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

I wouldn't bet anything on Josh Gordon...if he is reinstated i assume Cleveland would trade him..they are a young team and don't need drama that Gordon brings. Coleman is rising to the occasion and he looks really good out there

I wasn't  going to on Gordon but I have seen crazier things happened in the NFL. I hope cause thinking about picking him up this week off waiver since I lost ARob and White, Kizer looked pretty good for his first NFL game

Edited by JrsKars

24 minutes ago, street sharks said:

What would Gordon's return mean for Coleman? It's easy to laugh at but if he comes back he's going to be involved to some extent

Lol I highly doubt the browns management team will keep Gordon. If he is reinstated they will likely cut him. No need to create a toxic environment around a young team

I'm not at all phased by Gordon.  

1) he has to get reinstated.  he's still in rehab currently.  

2) he has to be kept by the Browns.  no guarantee that happens.  

3) he has to develop chemistry with Kizer.  Coleman already has that in spades.  

4) he has to be good enough to start as a fantasy player.  last time we saw Josh play he was ... NotVeryGood™
5) even if all of these happen (and they probably aren't) - nothing is happening for at least several weeks. 

Anyone talking about Gordon doesn't factor in that even if he is reinstated he could still be suspended again for his past transgressions before he ever suits up.  Coleman is the WR#1 and will get a good amount of looks each week.

Edited by Satch13

7 hours ago, jonasdash said:

I'm not at all phased by Gordon.  

1) he has to get reinstated.  he's still in rehab currently.  

2) he has to be kept by the Browns.  no guarantee that happens.  

3) he has to develop chemistry with Kizer.  Coleman already has that in spades.  

4) he has to be good enough to start as a fantasy player.  last time we saw Josh play he was ... NotVeryGood™
5) even if all of these happen (and they probably aren't) - nothing is happening for at least several weeks. 

Phased, or fazed?